Windows 10: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; You're most welcome wheeler81. I'm glad it could help. *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Jaxel, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

You're most welcome wheeler81. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Jul 8, 2016
  2. Kbird Win User

Hi Brink , do you know if this effects Floppy Drives too? I have used the reg file successfully but have had to enable a floppy drive to do a Bios Flash and A: isn't seen in the LH Pane , even under My PC , if I click on My PC A: shows in the RH Pane though.
    ( at 1st I thought the floppy was Dead but it's ok)

Using the Win+R Code in the OP , win 10 (494) only shows my two DVD Players on this Comp. too.

Thanks.

Kbird, Jul 17, 2016
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello kbird, *Smile

I don't have a floppy drive to test with, but I don't think it will show separately in the navigation pane since my DVD drive doesn't either.

The floppy drive should show under "This PC" though. If you have Windows set to not show empty drives, then you'll need to have a floppy disc in the drive before it'll show.

Drives - Hide or Show Empty Drives in Computer Folder - Windows 7 Help Forums

A workaround would be to "Pin to Quick access" the floppy drive to have it available under "Quick access" in the navigation pane.

Quick access - Pin or Unpin Locations in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Brink, Jul 17, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Thanks for the Reply , I did check to see if Empty Drives was checked but it is not , should of mentioned that sorry .

You are right about the DVD's mine only show in the RH pane after I click My PC too , this is Why I thought the .reg hack maybe effecting A:\ as I would assume a Floppy is a "Removable Drive"

I know it's there , so no big deal I guess , thanks.

Kbird, Jul 17, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    kbird,

I just remembered that my Hyper-V VMs have a floppy drive to test with, and it doesn't show for me either.

Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Brink, Jul 17, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    thanks for the followup Brink , I haven't reversed the reg fix as a test to see if that works yet.

***EDIT I re-enabled the Drives in the Nav. Pane but still no A: Drive..... until you click on My PC.

Kbird, Jul 17, 2016
  7. unko Win User
    Hello, it works but in any "open with" windows, drives as well as libraries (after its removal tweak was applied) still show! How to fix?

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello unko, *Smile

Did you see if restarting the computer would apply it for you?

If you did, then please post a screenshot showing this to see what may be happening.

Brink, Aug 11, 2016
  9. unko Win User
    That seems to come and go randomly...

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Screenshots and details please. *Smile

Brink, Aug 13, 2016
  11. unko Win User
    When a "save as" windows opens for example, in MY PC I will see desktop, documents, music.. on the other hand, libraries don't show, while they do in explorer windows.

12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 14, 2016
  13. unko Win User

I was extremely clear. Why screenshot? Privacy matters..

14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    So I can see exactly what may be happening. You can black out anything that you don't want seen.

Screenshots often reveal an issue that a description just can't. In addition, it helps for me to test with.

Brink, Aug 14, 2016
  15. Kbird Win User
    This .Reg does not effect Libraries does it Brink ? doesn't for me , if they are checked to show in File Explorer , they also show in Saves As and Open DBX's.

With the .REG applied I only get one instance of the Drive (USB key) under My PC of removable Drives instead of the two without the .reg applied ,one under My PC and one under Removable.

Note that this .reg file (and others) need to be reapplied after all major windows updates like the recent AU/1607 Update too.

Kbird, Aug 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Duplicate

2. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane: Hi how are you, I am unable to remove the duplicate drivers in the navigation pane. I have removed the key F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83 from the regedit and also unchecked the show al folders and show library issue under the Navigation Pane. Still no luck....
  3. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane: Hi how are you, I am unable to remove the duplicate drivers in the navigation pane. I have removed the key F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83 from the regedit and also unchecked the show al folders and show library issue under the Navigation Pane. Still no luck....
  4. Unable to remove duplicate drives in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. add google drive to navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    add google drive to navigation pane: how to add google drive to navigation pane 55775
  6. Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Dropbox in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by American company Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization,...
  7. Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Google Drive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service created by Google. It allows users to store files in the...
  8. Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Favorites in the navigation pane is a way to easily access items in your %UserProfile%/Links folder....
  9. Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove OneDrive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC,...
  10. Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to add or remove This PC in the navigation pane of File Explorer for all users in Windows 10. You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add...