Windows 10: Pin or Unpin Quick Access Locations in Windows 10

Discus and support Pin or Unpin Quick Access Locations in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Pin or Unpin Quick Access Locations in Windows 10 How to Pin or Unpin Locations from Quick access in Windows 10 [img] Information The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Pin or Unpin Quick Access Locations in Windows 10

How to: Pin or Unpin Quick Access Locations in Windows 10

How to Pin or Unpin Locations from Quick access in Windows 10

Pin or Unpin Quick Access Locations in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information The Quick access page is the shortest route to files you've been working on and folders you often use. These are your frequent folders and recent files.

Windows 10 introduces to be able to "Pin to Quick access" and "Unpin from Quick access" locations now. These locations include local and network folders, drives, libraries, Recycle Bin, etc..., but files and apps cannot be pinned to home. Pinned folders replace favorites in the new File Explorer.

This tutorial will show you how to "Pin to Quick access" and "Unpin from Quick access" local and network folders, drives, libraries, OneDrive, This PC, Recycle Bin, etc... locations in Windows 10.

Note Pinned locations will display under Frequent folders in Quick access in File Explorer.

Pinned folders replace favorites in the new File Explorer. If you choose to keep your files when upgrading to Windows 10, you'll find your old favorites pinned to Quick access.

Items you pin or unpin for Quick access will also be pinned or unpinned in the jump list of File Explorer on the taskbar and Start menu.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To "Pin to Quick access" Locations
    1. Select one or more folders, click/tap on the Home tab, and click/tap on the Pin to Quick access button in the ribbon. (see screenshot below)

OR

2. Right click or press and hold on a location, and click/tap on Pin to Quick access. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To "Unpin from Quick access" Locations
    1. While in Quick access in File Explorer, right click or press and hold on a pinned location, and click/tap on Unpin from Quick access. (see screenshots below)

Note The pin button
    next to a location in the navigation pane under the Quick access group indicates that it is a pinned location.

You will notice that you will not be able to unpin Desktop from Quick access using this option. Instead, you can do this to do so.

1) Right click on the File Explorer icon on taskbar to open it's jump list.

2) Click/tap on the unpin button to the right of Desktop, OR right click Desktop and click/tap on Unpin from the list.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Mar 17, 2015
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. rboppy Win User

Right click the taskbar WE icon, clicking the unpin icon does nothing for Documents or Pictures

rboppy, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Pin or Unpin Quick Access Locations in Windows 10

Can't unpin FTP location from Quick Access

I've pinned an FTP location to the Quick Access menu in Windows 10 Explorer, but now cannot unpin it.

To replicate:

1. Browse to an FTP location in Windows Explorer

2. Right-click "Quick Access"

3. Select "Pin current folder to Quick access"

4. Right-click the newly pinned folder

You should see that there is no option to unpin the folder. The context menu only offers the (greyed out) option to "Expand".

Notably, this pin only appears in Explorer and not in the jump lists (for example by right-clicking Explorer from the task bar).

How do I remove this pin?

alecgibson, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Edwin Win User

Not a solution, per se, but you could right click on the 'pictures bar' itself and choose unpin.

Edwin, Oct 26, 2019
  6. John Rubdy, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Pin or Unpin Quick Access Locations in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Pin Unpin Quick

2. Unpinning Folders From Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unpinning Folders From Quick Access: I don't know how to unpin files from the Quick Access bar. I sometimes don't like seeing them there every time I open up File Explorer, so I was wondering if there is a way to disable it.Here's some info:Windows 11Intel Celeron 4 coreIT-controlled so I don't know how this...
  3. Unpinning Folders From Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unpinning Folders From Quick Access: I don't know how to unpin files from the Quick Access bar. I sometimes don't like seeing them there every time I open up File Explorer, so I was wondering if there is a way to disable it.Here's some info:Windows 11Intel Celeron 4 coreIT-controlled so I don't know how this...
  4. Pinned and unpinned items in Windows 11 quick access menu have the same pinned icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinned and unpinned items in Windows 11 quick access menu have the same pinned icon: Hi! i recently noticed that both pinned and unpinned items in the quick access menu have the same pinned icon.https://imgur.com/a/mgT4Wo5Heres the picture of the pinned itemhttps://imgur.com/a/G2Ee88iAnd heres the picture of the unpinned item that for some reason has the pin...
  5. Pinned and unpinned items in Windows 11 quick access menu have the same pinned icon

Pinned and unpinned items in Windows 11 quick access menu have the same pinned icon: Hi! i recently noticed that both pinned and unpinned items in the quick access menu have the same pinned icon.https://imgur.com/a/mgT4Wo5Heres the picture of the pinned itemhttps://imgur.com/a/G2Ee88iAnd heres the picture of the unpinned item that for some reason has the pin...
  6. Can't unpin network locations from quick access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't unpin network locations from quick access: I've got two pinned network location in my Quick access menu and I can't delete them. One is my current backup drive still can't map it though and one is the IP for my old backup which doesn't exist. How do I get them unpinned?...
  7. Can't unpin network locations from quick access

Can't unpin network locations from quick access: I've got two pinned network location in my Quick access menu and I can't delete them. One is my current backup drive still can't map it though and one is the IP for my old backup which doesn't exist. How do I get them unpinned?...
  8. Can't unpin network locations from quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Compressed folder pinned to "Quick Access" cannot be unpinned

Compressed folder pinned to "Quick Access" cannot be unpinned: I had pinned a folder inside a compressed file (.zip) to quick access by mistake. It didn't appear immediately but after I deleted that compressed file it appeared. Now the link is not removable. Right click on that link doesn't give any other option other than Expand. I also...
  10. Folder Pinned To Quick Access in Windows 10 keeps unpinning

Folder Pinned To Quick Access in Windows 10 keeps unpinning: Win 10 - Version 1903 - Build 18362.175 Problem - I keep pinning d:\Videos folder to Quick Access and it pins just fine But..this pinned folder disappears from Quick Access every time I reboot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. need to repin solitaire to task bar