Windows 10: Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Hello @drzapf, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile I'll be happy to take a look to see what may be possible. For now, you could pin the folder for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Hockeyfreak, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Hello @drzapf, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

I'll be happy to take a look to see what may be possible.

For now, you could pin the folder for the MEGASynce drive to Quick access to have it available in the navigation pane under Quick access.

Pin or Unpin Quick Access Locations in Windows 10 - Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

EDIT: There doesn't seem to be any official central site for them to reference.

Brink, Apr 20, 2017
  2. drzapf Win User
    drzapf, Apr 21, 2017
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, that was the one I found as well.

Brink, Apr 21, 2017
  4. ECPC Win User

Hi everyone, my 1st post so please be gentle.
    Thanks to Brink & Kbird for these instructions.
    Feeling very chuffed to get this working.
    I can see Google Drive in explorer and all files open normally.
    BUT... if I try to access a file in Google Drive from Acrobat Reader I get "location is not available". (I can workaround it by opening the file from explorer, but it would be nice to get this working properly). I guess somewhere in registry there's another variable to change..... Any ideas?

Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [​IMG]

5. Kbird Win User
    It appears you are right , I had not noticed cos I have Google Drive Pinned to Quick access and I added it as a Library as well and Acrobat Reader works from either of those locations ( for me) , what location / link are you using in Acrobat? I found Desktop >Google Drive does not work , though I am not sure why as it's only a desktop shortcut and it works fine off the desktop opening google Drive.

KB

Kbird, May 10, 2017
  6. I have no problems accessing Google Drive but I do not use Acrobat Reader, maybe if you try a less bloated PDF program like Foxit it would work.. Welcome to the forum BTW:*Thumbs

Josey Wales, May 10, 2017
  7. ECPC Win User
    Thanks for getting back KBird
    Acrobat was a normal install C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
    Google drive lives on E:\Google Drive Its a 2TB raid array (C: being system files only)

I've just discovered a similar limitation in Word & Excel. If I want to open files from Google drive I have to go to E:\google drive. I cant access the files through the Desktop>Google drive

Josey W.. I downloaded foxit but at first glance it's a bit limited for my purposes. (I view and scale a lot of architects drawings.)

8. Entropy Win User

Hello Brink and thanks again for your excellent article, however, I have moved my users folder from the C drive to the G drive. The path is the same but the drive letter is different.
    Is there any way to fix this?
    Thank you.

Entropy, May 14, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Entropy, *Smile

Moving your user folder won't affect adding or removing Google Drive from the navigation pane if that is what you're concerned about.

Otherwise, you should be able to reverse the process by moving your Users folder back to C if wanted.

Brink, May 14, 2017
  10. Entropy Win User
    Hello Brink and thank you for your prompt reply.

After running the registry file I clicked on the created link and I’ve got the message that the C:\Users\*****\Google Drive is not accessible.
    However, in the meanwhile I’ve tried a solution on my own by creating a symbolic link and everything works fine now.

Thanks again.

Entropy, May 14, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. *Smile

Did you change the location of where Google Drive was installed to other than the default "C:\Program Files\Google\Drive"?

Brink, May 14, 2017
  12. Kbird Win User
    Hi ,
    your setup is very similar to mine , with the Array and Google Drive on E:\ , I am only using Acrobat Reader 9.55 still ( cos of the Bloatware mentioned ) but I have (had) the same Word and Excel issue too , by right clicking the Google Drive link in Explorer and choosing Add to Library or Add to Quick Access fixed it for me , I just access it through Quick Access instead as it works from all programs it seems.....

KB

Kbird, May 14, 2017
  13. Kbird Win User

Hi Brink , you missed his 1st post , he moved it to G:\ , I guess he never got past reading the tutorial to get the fix in post #8 ....

for others: except he would use G:\Google Drive or the name of the Folder it's in, In the Registry.

post no#8
    Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Kbird, May 14, 2017
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ah, ok.

Yep, if Google Drive was installed to another location than the default "C:\Program Files\Google\Drive" location, I'll need to create a custom .reg file for that location on request.

I added a note to the tutorial for this to help. *Smile

Brink, May 14, 2017
  15. Kbird Win User
    I was thinking you needed to add the Fix in Step 5 *Smile you shouldn't need to make custom .reg files , it's pretty simple

I don't see a fix in the tutorial though but maybe the Server hasn't updated yet?

Kbird, May 14, 2017
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Google Drive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Google

2. How to add Google Drive to File Explorer Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Google Drive to File Explorer Navigation Pane in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you have installed Google Drive on your computer, then you can add Google Drive link to the Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows […] This article How to add Google Drive to File Explorer Navigation Pane in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  3. Add or Remove Linux from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Linux from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Linux from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Linux in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 The Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is a new Windows 10 feature that enables you to run native Linux command-line tools directly...
  4. add google drive to navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    add google drive to navigation pane: how to add google drive to navigation pane 55775
  5. Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Dropbox from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Dropbox in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 Dropbox is a file hosting service operated by American company Dropbox, Inc. that offers cloud storage, file synchronization,...
  6. Add or Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Homegroup from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img] Information A homegroup is a group of PCs on a home network that can share devices (such as printers), and libraries (such as your Documents, Pictures, Music, and Video libraries). Using a homegroup...
  7. Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Network in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to add or remove Network in the navigation pane of File Explorer for all users in Windows 10....
  8. Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Favorites in the navigation pane is a way to easily access items in your %UserProfile%/Links folder....
  9. Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Duplicate Drives in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information By default, all removable drives are shown separately in the navigation pane of File...
  10. Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove OneDrive from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove OneDrive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC,...