Windows 10: Add or Remove Icons in Microsoft Edge Toolbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Icons in Microsoft Edge Toolbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Icons in Microsoft Edge Toolbar in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Icons in Microsoft Edge Toolbar in Windows 10 Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Tweakfiend, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Add or Remove Icons in Microsoft Edge Toolbar in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Icons in Microsoft Edge Toolbar in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Icons in Microsoft Edge Toolbar in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

Starting with the Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809, Microsoft added the ability to customize which icons appear in the Microsoft Edge toolbar you can remove them all for a tidier look, or add as many as you like to bring your favorite functionality to your fingertips.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove icons in the Microsoft Edge toolbar for your account in Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Toolbar icons in Microsoft Edge

Add or Remove Icons in Microsoft Edge Toolbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+X) button, and click/tap on Show in toolbar. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on the icon item to check (add) or uncheck (remove) it in the toolbar.

Add or Remove Icons in Microsoft Edge Toolbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Tweakfiend, Jan 31, 2016

2. yandax toolbar is left over attached to edge windows 10 how do I remove it

Hi Peter,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• When you say "yandax toolbar" are you referring to Microsoft edge?

• A screenshot of the issue would be wonderful.
    Please visit: How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

Also be informed that, you cannot add or remove toolbars on Microsoft Edge but can change the default search engine. Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Note: Before proceeding to below step uninstall any toolbars or programs related to yahoo on the computer (if any installed).

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click on the more actions icon (…) and then click on
      settings.

• Change the Open with to
      specific page or pages.

• Select the Custom/MSN/Bing from the drop down menu.

• If you select the custom, enter the website URL in the text box and click on add button (+) and close the EDGE browser.

• Restart the EDGE browser and check if it helps.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Oct 27, 2019
  3. The toolbar icons for edge are missing

The windows 10 toolbar icon for edge is blank, though it still works as is the tile in the start menu. Also the icons in edge itself on the top bar are all just rectangles. Apart from the missing icons edge is working.

This occurred after I did a windows rest to fix direct x not working and numerous programs not launching, simply starting then coming up with a message to say the program had stopped working. The reset has fixed both of these problems but caused the issue
    with edge. I have tried various fixes for the missing icon listed elsewhere to no avail. I also tried to do another reset, however it now just gives me a message that it encountered a problem and no changes have been made.

Stuart.D.Hall, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Add or Remove Icons in Microsoft Edge Toolbar in Windows 10

No Cortana Icon on Microsoft Edge

Hi Praveen,

It is possible that the Show search and site suggestions as I type option in Microsoft Edge isn't enabled which explains why the Cortana icon is not visible. To check, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the Menu button (...).
    • Click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge
      option.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Show search and site suggestions as I type option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Remove Icons from "This PC" Toolbar

I removed the icons for Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Pictures and Videos from the "This PC" folder by editing the registry to remove the entries for each folder in the following locations:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace

This was successful in removing the icons in "This PC" in Explorer. However, when I add the "This PC" location as a Toolbar in the Taskbar (Right-Click taskbar > Toolbars > New Toolbar > Browse to and select "This PC"), the icons still appear.

Does anyone know how to remove the icons for "This PC" from the Taskbar Toolbar in addition to Explorer?

Thanks

MTHumphrey, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Add or Remove Icons in Microsoft Edge Toolbar in Windows 10

1. Add or Remove Icons in Microsoft Edge Toolbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Icons

2. How to add or remove Internet Explorer mode button on Edge toolbar

in Windows 10 News
    How to add or remove Internet Explorer mode button on Edge toolbar: [ATTACH]If you want to add an Internet Explorer mode button on the Edge toolbar, here is how you can do that. You do not need third-party extensions since Edge includes an in-built option for this purpose. However, you need to allow websites to be reloaded in the Internet...
  3. Add or Remove Tab Actions Menu Button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Add or Remove Tab Actions Menu Button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge: Starting with Microsoft Edge version 91.0.863.0, a new Tab actions menu button on the toolbar has been added to replace the Vertical Tabs button. When you click/tap on the Tab actions menu button on the toolbar, you will have the Turn on vertical tabs, Recently closed...
  4. Add or Remove Assistance Home Button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Add or Remove Assistance Home Button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge: Starting with Microsoft Edge Canary version 91.0.848.0 and later, Microsoft has added a new Assistance Home button on the toolbar that shows information about new features and settings, and quick settings like "Set Edge as the default browser", "Read better with Microsoft...
  5. How to Add or Remove Downloads Button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove Downloads Button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge: Microsoft Edge will save items you want to download into your C:\Users\<username>\Downloads (%UserProfile%\Downloads) folder by default. You can now add the Downloads button to the toolbar in Microsoft Edge. The Downloads button allow you to quickly view, manage, search,...
  6. Add or Remove Vertical Tabs Button on Toolbar in Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    Add or Remove Vertical Tabs Button on Toolbar in Edge browser: [ATTACH]The new version of the Edge browser comes with some interesting tweaks and useful […] This article Add or Remove Vertical Tabs Button on Toolbar in Edge browser first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Microsoft Edge toolbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge toolbar: [ATTACH] So I just moved to the new Microsoft Edge because it's much faster and smoother than Google Chrome. But I've noticed the font of it's toolbar is a bit too big compared to Google Chrome. Any solution? Can you change the font/toolbar size? I've tried to change the...
  8. Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge: How to: Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge How to Add or Remove Extensions in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and...
  9. Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10 Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows you to...
  10. Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. You can keep...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to add gmail icon to microsoft edge toolbar

2. add print to edge toolbar