Windows 10: Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; So if i put a applications in a group, i see the app 2 times on ALL APP... in group and also in alphabetic order right ?! Hispa Actually, having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Maniac, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10

Actually, having the app added twice in All apps can sometimes cause issues. It's best to only have one instance of it.

Brink, Aug 3, 2015
  2. hispanico Win User

Yes agree but this is not good dear microsoft..

Hispa

hispanico, Aug 4, 2015
  3. ShonkaiDJ Win User
    They are not added twice, it's a matter of reading carefully what has been written. They are displayed twice.
    And this whole thread is of no use to those who updated because it simply doesn't work the way it is extensively described in the beginning of this thread. I find it weird to discover the old path (W7/Vista) is neatly moved to the upgraded ProgramData folder but yet is unable to show many items in thet folder. Many, because some do show.

Anyway. This thread is of no use because it only reflect how it was supposed to work. But it doesn't which makes the link to this thread a false hit.

ShonkaiDJ, Aug 4, 2015
  4. ShonkaiDJ Win User

ShonkaiDJ, Aug 4, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    I remember this being a bug in Windows 8.1 as well. I added a warning for others in the tutorial.

Brink, Aug 4, 2015
  6. PLCMAN58 Win User
    WIN10 Start Menu All Apps does not have the same structure as WIN7.

I updated my computer from WIN7 Ultimate to WIN10 Professional and the WIN10 Start Menu All Apps does not follow the same structure

I had some WIN 7 Start Menu options like this

Schneider ElectricSoColabarativeAdvantys
    Unity ProEach of the subfolders have shortcuts in them.

In WIN10 all of the shortcuts have been grouped under Schneider Electric.

I have looked in %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Start Menu\Programs and the original WIN7 structure is shown there as indicated in the image below.

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

How do I get WIN 10 All apps to behave like the WIN 7 Start Menu?

PLCMAN58, Aug 7, 2015
  7. hispanico Win User
    There are in ALL App many app that i cannot delete like xbox etc.. some solutions ?

Thank
    Hispa

hispanico, Aug 7, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Hispa,

The only way to remove Windows Store apps from All apps is to uninstall them. Be sure not to uninstall any that you want to use.

Brink, Aug 7, 2015
  9. pleclair Win User
    I just upgraded to Windows 10 64 bits from Windows 7 64 bits, and I'm in the same boat as all of you.

My windows 7 start menu have been imported fine into 10. Most of everything was there, don't think I've noticed something missing. However, my all apps list was huge. So without any searching on the net, I looked around my hard drive, and found those two directories mentioned here... in programdata and userdata.

I have reorganized stuff in those two dirs, I took everything out of individual folders, removed all uninstaller, and kept only the application icons, and moved everything into the start menu/programs folder.

Windows 10 doesn't see these changes.. my start menu is still the very same as it was right after my windows 7 upgrade.

It's killing me... can't believe they did something like this. Windows 7 programs menu was intuitive... you could right click on stuff, and access properties, and everything you wanted... you could drag and drop, move stuff around, delete stuff right from the menu.

I have searched the windows registry, and cannot find anything that looks like the start menu in there...

Seems the all apps menu is generated from the previous windows 7 menu when you upgrade, and there must be a way to "rebuild" it... scan installed apps, and redo it... get-startapps seems to point in this direction, but I haven't found any switches to this program.

I have seen in another thread about startisback++, and using it for now. It partially solves my problem, and properly list the programdata and userdata stuff properly. So now my menu is messed up... everything is out of folders, and there is no organization... The idea behind taking stuff out of folders was because the all apps from 10 is grouped by letters.. but in startisback, there is no organization, its all together. And my windows 10 start screen still shows the folder structures I had on windows 7, prior to re-organizing stuff in programdata and userdata.

Sigh... how could they mess that up... specially when the start menu/screen from release candidate looked much better with customization option in a start menu tab in the taskbar properties.. seems to be gone now. (I havent installed RC, or any preview)

Anyone figured out something?

pleclair, Aug 8, 2015
  10. ARYLIOA Win User
    To me, that is the single most annoying feature (well, GUI, anyway) of Windows 10 and may even make me revert to W7. It is even worse when a lot of those subcategories had files with common names like "Help.....". They all wind up under the main category in a "bunch" without direct connection to their primary association.

Forced updates is at the very top of my list, of course.

ARYLIOA, Aug 13, 2015
  11. I'm experiencing the same issue. Have you found a solution yet?

AntonAnton, Sep 30, 2015
  12. ARYLIOA Win User
    If the mountain won't come to......

I installed Classic Shell. Take a look at it. I tried to stay "stock" but there are some things that are just plain intolerable.

Classic Shell - Start menu and other Windows enhancements

ARYLIOA, Sep 30, 2015
  13. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10

I would much rather just keep a shortcut on the desktop since I prefer the aesthetic of W10 and it's only one program. Thanks a lot for the suggestion nonetheless. I hope MS comes around and addresses this issue sometime soon.

AntonAnton, Sep 30, 2015
  14. ARYLIOA Win User
    *WinkI started my career with GM when they were actually building cars without taxpayer aid. You know that was long ago. We had a "clean desk rule", inspired by all the IBM-weenies who were the big-guns in computing in those days. (1401s and 7010s ran the world.) Telephone and calendar pad were the only things allowed to be on our desks permanently. Even after 26 years in the wild-and-free aerospace industry I couldn't break the habit.

Those IBM guys, in their dark blue suits with white shirts and solid dark blue or dark gray ties were scary!

ARYLIOA, Sep 30, 2015
  15. I think that's a good habit to have. It doesn't take that much time or energy to search for whatever it is you're looking for, using the search function. Personally, I use my desktop as the destination of downloads and temporary files, so it's always fairly clean.

AntonAnton, Sep 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Items

2. How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?: I deleted the game yesterday from the game pass through the game shortcut. The game was deleted, but the shortcut remained. Planet of Lana game. I searched on the disks and in the registry and found everything with the same name and deleted it, but it did not help. I...
  3. How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?: I deleted the game yesterday from the game pass through the game shortcut. The game was deleted, but the shortcut remained. Planet of Lana game. I searched on the disks and in the registry and found everything with the same name and deleted it, but it did not help. I...
  4. How to Add or Remove Items in All apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove Items in All apps on Start Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Start menu keeps evolving with the release of new builds or feature updates for the Windows 11/10 OS. PC users have the ability to customize the Start menu to their preference, like adding a folder to the Start menu and more. In this post, we will show you how to...
  5. How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]PC users can display and use the Start menu with a feature called Show App List In Start Menu. The Show App List In Start Menu is enabled by default. In this post, we will show you the thre ways on how to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu on Windows 11/10. […]...
  6. windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu: Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 Home version 20H2 and I cannot find away to remove the All Apps Icon from the start menu for a specific user. I turned off "Show App list in start menu" but I can't find away to remove the All Apps Icon. Please advise. Regards, Ray See the...
  7. Remove apps and items from Start menu

Remove apps and items from Start menu: I have some apps on the start menu that have no uninstall when you RH click? How do I remove the icon? I have 2 other items that have the uninstall option but they take me to the Programs - Programs & Feastures that you see in Control Panel. But there doesn't appear to be...
  8. add items in menu Start

add items in menu Start: Hi to whom it may concern. I know how to insert one icon in Start Menu or in application bar but I don't know to insert VLC media reader icon in the list of Apps at left of Start Menu. Could you tell me how to do it? Thank you and Best Regards, Dario...
  9. Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu: How to: Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu How to Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of shortcuts to all installed Windows apps and desktop apps on your Windows 10 PC. Some of these...
  10. Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of all your installed Windows apps and desktop apps in Windows 10. Some of these apps...