Windows 10: Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Items in All apps in Windows 10 Start menu All apps in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Maniac, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Maniac Win User

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Items in All apps in Windows 10 Start menu

All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of shortcuts to all installed Windows apps and desktop apps on your Windows 10 PC. Some of these shortcuts are grouped into folders with the folder name in the alphabetical list.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove items listed in All apps on the Start menu for your account, new accounts, or all accounts in Windows 10.

*note The only way to remove Microsoft Store apps from All apps is to uninstall them. Do not uninstall any apps that you want to use though.

*Warning If you have 2048 or more combined apps in All apps and tiles on Start, then they will all get blocked from displaying.

*tip How to Measure How Many Items on Start Menu in Windows 10

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Add or Remove Items in All apps for Only Your Account
    • Option Two: To Add or Remove Items in All apps for New Accounts Added to PC
    • Option Three: To Add or Remove Items in All apps for All Accounts on PC

EXAMPLE: All apps on Start menu

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add or Remove Items in All apps for Only Your Account

*note Your account's Option Three below listed in it.
    1. Copy and paste the folder location below into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter to open the folder.
    *Arrow %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

2. Do step 3, step 4, and/or step 5 below for what you would like to do.

3. To Add Shortcuts to All apps
    A) Create or add step 6 below. (see screenshot below step 7)

4. To Add Groups (folders) to All apps
    A) Create a new folder in this Programs folder with any name you want. The name of this folder is what will show alphabetically in All apps.

B) Create or add step 6 below. (see screenshot below step 7)

5. To Remove Groups (folders) or Shortcuts from All apps
    A) Delete any shortcuts or subfolders (groups) you want in this Programs folder. (see screenshot below step 7)
    6. Repeat step 2 above if you would like to add anything else to All apps.

7. When finished, you can close File Explorer if you like.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Add or Remove Items in All apps for New Accounts Added to PC

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this option.

When you Option Three below listed in it.
    1. Copy and paste the folder location below into the address bar of File Explorer, and press Enter to open the folder.
    *Arrow C:\Users\Default\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

A) Add step 6 below. (see screenshot below step 7)

A) Create a new folder in this Programs folder with any name you want. The name of this folder is what will show alphabetically in All apps.

B) Add step 6 below. (see screenshot below step 7)

A) Delete any shortcuts or subfolders (groups) you want in this Programs folder. (see screenshot below step 7)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Add or Remove Items in All apps for All Accounts on PC

*note You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to do this option.
    *Arrow %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

A) Add step 6 below. (see screenshot below step 7)

B) Add step 6 below. (see screenshot below step 7)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Maniac, Aug 1, 2015
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Gina_on_the_thread, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Maniac Win User
    Yeah I'm pretty sure. I've tried creating shortcuts in %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs with the same results.

Maniac, Aug 1, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  7. Maniac Win User
    The shortcuts right now are for a couple of games and eclipse currently, but I've been unable to get them to show up in All Apps.

Maniac, Aug 2, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I see a Steam and Origin folder. Do they have some of the game shortcuts in it instead? If so, duplicates will not always show.

Did you restart the PC to see if that may help?

Brink, Aug 2, 2015
  9. Maniac Win User
    No they do not. Those folders appeared upon installation of those applications and currently just contain the app shortcut to the respective clients.

The only way I've been able to get anything to appear in All Apps is if there is a "Make Start Shortcut" option when installing.

I have restarted several times and have also force restarted explorer to see if that would do anything.

Maniac, Aug 2, 2015
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 2, 2015
  11. Maniac Win User
    Well I've only been trying to add those games shortcuts to test it (just created my own games folder and have pinned that to start), but other applications won't show as well (been trying to get Eclipse to show up).

Maniac, Aug 2, 2015
  12. banger Win User
    I couldnt get rid of a folder of shortcuts for Vmlite after deleting them in both option 1 and 3, turned out when I emptied the recycle bin they were finally gone.

banger, Aug 2, 2015
  13. hispanico Win User

Thank Shawn for tutorial all fine follow your suggestions, but there are some applications present in ALL APPS in start menu, there arenot present in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu also installed by me or windows
    ANd also please... i i click on ALL APP i see all applications in alphabetic order and not with groups (like windows 7)... in normal or its possible change the visualizations ?

Thank
    Hispa

hispanico, Aug 3, 2015
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Hispa,

Windows apps (aka: modern from Store) will not be listed in the folder. Only desktop apps will be.

The groups in All apps would be any expandable folders that are listed alphabetically along with the apps. You should have them like in the example screenshot at the top of the tutorial. W have a few for Windows stuff by default.

Brink, Aug 3, 2015
  15. hispanico Win User
    So if i put a applications in a group, i see the app 2 times on ALL APP... in group and also in alphabetic order right ?!

Hispa

hispanico, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Items

2. How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?: I deleted the game yesterday from the game pass through the game shortcut. The game was deleted, but the shortcut remained. Planet of Lana game. I searched on the disks and in the registry and found everything with the same name and deleted it, but it did not help. I...
  3. How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?: I deleted the game yesterday from the game pass through the game shortcut. The game was deleted, but the shortcut remained. Planet of Lana game. I searched on the disks and in the registry and found everything with the same name and deleted it, but it did not help. I...
  4. How to Add or Remove Items in All apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove Items in All apps on Start Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Start menu keeps evolving with the release of new builds or feature updates for the Windows 11/10 OS. PC users have the ability to customize the Start menu to their preference, like adding a folder to the Start menu and more. In this post, we will show you how to...
  5. How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]PC users can display and use the Start menu with a feature called Show App List In Start Menu. The Show App List In Start Menu is enabled by default. In this post, we will show you the thre ways on how to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu on Windows 11/10. […]...
  6. windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu: Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 Home version 20H2 and I cannot find away to remove the All Apps Icon from the start menu for a specific user. I turned off "Show App list in start menu" but I can't find away to remove the All Apps Icon. Please advise. Regards, Ray See the...
  7. Remove apps and items from Start menu

Remove apps and items from Start menu: I have some apps on the start menu that have no uninstall when you RH click? How do I remove the icon? I have 2 other items that have the uninstall option but they take me to the Programs - Programs & Feastures that you see in Control Panel. But there doesn't appear to be...
  8. add items in menu Start

add items in menu Start: Hi to whom it may concern. I know how to insert one icon in Start Menu or in application bar but I don't know to insert VLC media reader icon in the list of Apps at left of Start Menu. Could you tell me how to do it? Thank you and Best Regards, Dario...
  9. Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu: How to: Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu How to Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of shortcuts to all installed Windows apps and desktop apps on your Windows 10 PC. Some of these...
  10. Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of all your installed Windows apps and desktop apps in Windows 10. Some of these apps...