Windows 10: Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Dear Brink, Thank you very much for your advice. My problem is described on your last paragraph. I can add as many folders (B) as I wish to folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Maniac, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Neophile Win User

Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10

Dear Brink,
    Thank you very much for your advice. My problem is described on your last paragraph. I can add as many folders (B) as I wish to folder (A), but they just do not show up on the menu and the links they contain become all mixed up with the other ones.

I have looked up at ARYLIOA's suggestion. I had downloaded Classic Shell years ago, but I didn't especially like it, but now I thought it might have gone through some progress, and had a look at the site. It keeps the same old skin, but it has another two new ones that look great. So I downloaded it again an tried. I am gone a use it because one of the skins is like the original Win7 Start menu, and it also has a lot of customization settings.
    Thanks again and sorry for using your time. You are really the most helpful person not only here, but everywhere. Thanks to ARYLIOA for his tip, too.

Neophile, Feb 3, 2016
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

It's never a waste of time. I'm glad you found a workaround. *Smile

Brink, Feb 3, 2016
  3. jmorgie7 Win User
    Many, many thanks for posting this thread. when i ran Get-StartApps i had like 700+ entries; deleted a whole bunch of things and got down to 150 at which point i did get some of the links i was missing. But I still have a *weird* problem like others ... I modify the ProgramData Start menu folder ... AND I *DO* see the changes when listing Get-StartApps in powershell BUT the changes dont filter thru to the All Apps listing on the start screen. i saw some guesses about caches etc. which must be right. Any thoughts on how to force the changes to get to the All Apps list ?

many thanks for any thoughts ...

jmorgie7, Mar 1, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello jmorgie, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Are you removing them from All apps using both OPTION ONE (current account) and OPTION TWO (all accounts)?

Brink, Mar 1, 2016
  5. jmorgie7 Win User
    users/default start menu is clear. Again the problem that i see is that start links show up in the listing of Get-startapps but do not show up in the actual all apps list. Measure says i currently have 220 entries.

??

jmorgie7, Mar 1, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You can type Get-StartApps in PowerShell to see a list of the app names it measured to compare with.

Brink, Mar 1, 2016
  7. jmorgie7 Win User
    Yes, i said that I did do that. And that list includes links that I have put into the Start Menu folder AND that do *NOT* appear in the All Apps list in win 10 start screen. So how is that possible? that get-startapps sees the links but All Apps does not ?

jmorgie7, Mar 1, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

It appears that they are not removed from Get-StartApps list unless the app is uninstalled. *Sad

Brink, Mar 1, 2016
  9. jmorgie7 Win User
    sorry you have completely misunderstood from the start. I am trying to *add* links to the All Apps list. Which has only 220 entries so there is room to add! I have added the links into the Start Menu folder. I see the added links in the Get-Startapps list. BUT the links do *not* show up in the All Apps list! How to explain that?

jmorgie7, Mar 1, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Sorry, I did misunderstood.

Did you add the shortcuts for All Apps in only the Programs folder, and not in any other subfolder?

Brink, Mar 1, 2016
  11. jmorgie7 Win User
    Yes. I limited my adding to the ProgramData ... and ignored the User/ ... folder

jmorgie7, Mar 1, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Sorry, I meant only in the actual "Programs" folder at either location below, and not in any subfolders in Programs.

%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

%AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Brink, Mar 2, 2016
  13. jmorgie7 Win User

all links are in the
    %ProgramData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

folder only and not any subfolders thereof. Even weirder is that the All Apps shows a folder that does not exist ... i did a search for file and there is none. the program has been uninstalled.

where does win 10 get this stuff then?

jmorgie7, Mar 2, 2016
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Sounds like the program is not very good at cleaning up after itself. Are you able to manually remove the folder?

Brink, Mar 2, 2016
  15. jmorgie7 Win User
    Are you able to manually remove the folder? you ask .... there is no folder to remove. did a search. not there! searched thru registry for any key that mentioned the app or the folder. not found. All Apps should have regenerated itself without the folder or the app that was held there. but i digress. Where is the cache or what is the trigger that gets the All Apps list to regenerate ? does any one know this stuff? i wasted an hour with a microsoft idiot who knew nothing.

jmorgie7, Mar 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Add or Remove Items for All Apps in Start menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Items

2. How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?: I deleted the game yesterday from the game pass through the game shortcut. The game was deleted, but the shortcut remained. Planet of Lana game. I searched on the disks and in the registry and found everything with the same name and deleted it, but it did not help. I...
  3. How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Remove Item in All apps in Windows 11 Start menu?: I deleted the game yesterday from the game pass through the game shortcut. The game was deleted, but the shortcut remained. Planet of Lana game. I searched on the disks and in the registry and found everything with the same name and deleted it, but it did not help. I...
  4. How to Add or Remove Items in All apps on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove Items in All apps on Start Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The Start menu keeps evolving with the release of new builds or feature updates for the Windows 11/10 OS. PC users have the ability to customize the Start menu to their preference, like adding a folder to the Start menu and more. In this post, we will show you how to...
  5. How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu on Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]PC users can display and use the Start menu with a feature called Show App List In Start Menu. The Show App List In Start Menu is enabled by default. In this post, we will show you the thre ways on how to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu on Windows 11/10. […]...
  6. windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu: Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 Home version 20H2 and I cannot find away to remove the All Apps Icon from the start menu for a specific user. I turned off "Show App list in start menu" but I can't find away to remove the All Apps Icon. Please advise. Regards, Ray See the...
  7. Remove apps and items from Start menu

Remove apps and items from Start menu: I have some apps on the start menu that have no uninstall when you RH click? How do I remove the icon? I have 2 other items that have the uninstall option but they take me to the Programs - Programs & Feastures that you see in Control Panel. But there doesn't appear to be...
  8. add items in menu Start

add items in menu Start: Hi to whom it may concern. I know how to insert one icon in Start Menu or in application bar but I don't know to insert VLC media reader icon in the list of Apps at left of Start Menu. Could you tell me how to do it? Thank you and Best Regards, Dario...
  9. Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu: How to: Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu How to Rename Items in All Apps in Windows 10 Start Menu All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of shortcuts to all installed Windows apps and desktop apps on your Windows 10 PC. Some of these...
  10. Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove All Apps List in Start Menu in Windows 10 All apps in the Start menu displays an alphabetical list of all your installed Windows apps and desktop apps in Windows 10. Some of these apps...