Windows 10: Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; G'Day. Windows 10 Pro. I would like to add "Refresh" to the Quick Launch Toolbar. Is it possible & how to do it? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Edwin, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10

G'Day. Windows 10 Pro. I would like to add "Refresh" to the Quick Launch Toolbar. Is it possible & how to do it?

theoldfarter, Jun 28, 2016
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello, *Smile

Did you want the "F5" or "Refresh Windows" type of refresh?

Brink, Jun 28, 2016
  3. The "F5". Thank you.

theoldfarter, Jun 29, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10

Brink, Jun 29, 2016
  5. Thanks. Bit of a red face here.... completely forgot about the FN/F5 key on my Toshiba P50t-A.

theoldfarter, Jun 29, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    No worries mate. *Smile

Brink, Jun 29, 2016
  7. Brink, For other reasons I was looking at my Quick Launch folder this evening and noticed something odd. It's best explained by referencing the attached screenshot. It shows three things of import here: 1) the current Quick Launch toolbar (taskbar right side); 2) the Quick Launch folder contents now in Win 10 (left window in file manager); and 3) the Quick Launch folder contents I had in Win 8.1 (right window in file mgr). Note how the current QL toolbar still largely corresponds to what's in the Win 8.1. folder, but not to what's in the Win 10 version folder. So where else could the current full contents be in Win 10? Thanks,

Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

highstream, Jan 19, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello highstream, *Smile

If the Windows 10 was upgraded from 8.1, it's a possibility that W10 may still be referencing the old Quick Launch folder from inside the "C:\Windows.old" folder.

Brink, Jan 19, 2017
  9. Let's say that's true. To fix it, I would copy the files over and force the change by deleting the toolbar, then recreating it linked to the Win 10 folder? The only thing that gives me pause with assuming your explanation is that the current QL is picking up ingedients from both, i.e., the old file list doesnt include everyyhing on the current toolbar.

highstream, Jan 19, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Correct. You could copy the shortcuts to the correct Quick Launch folder, and add that one to the taskbar after removing the old one.

Brink, Jan 19, 2017
  11. I have noticed that, each time I start my laptop & choose the "Quick Launch", it is blank and takes about 15 seconds before anything shows. Is that normal or can I do something to get the contents to show quickly?

theoldfarter, Mar 15, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello theoldfarter, *Smile

That isn't normal. How many items do you have in your Quick Launch folder?

For now, you might see if disabling the startup delay in the tutorial below may be able to help some.

Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 15, 2017
  13. Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10

I've had a new small problem with the QL taskbar since doing a clean reinstall of Win 10 over the weekend. There are now too yellow buttons at the right end, one called ImplicitAppShortcuts and the other Taskbar. No matter how I try to delete them, they always come back at the next startup. Any ideas about this?

Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10 [​IMG]

highstream, Mar 15, 2017
  14. I have 14, including the "switch between windows" that I don't use. I will read that tutorial.

15. Thanks Brink. I disabled it & after a shutdown & start up, the Quick Link filled in a second. Cheers.

Thema:

1. Add or Remove Quick Launch toolbar in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Quick

2. Quick Launch Toolbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch Toolbar Icons: The icons in my Quick Launch toolbar seem to change sizes after reboot ... and sometimes even without a reboot. Sometimes they're the same height at the regular toolbar, and sometimes they're smaller. When smaller they're really too small and make the Quick Launch toolbar...
  3. Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar

Quick Launch is Not Available as a Toolbar on the Taskbar: SYMPTOMS: When you right-click the taskbar and point to Toolbars, Quick Launch is not visible. Also, Quick Launch is not enabled by default as a toolbar on the taskbar. MORE INFORMATION: Windows 10 lets you pin your programs to the taskbar like users of Windows 7 and...
  4. Can't add Toolbar with Quick Launch in Windows 10 Enterprise

Can't add Toolbar with Quick Launch in Windows 10 Enterprise: I've been using Quick Launch for years and adding it to my taskbar with ease since it was phased out of Windows. The problem I'm having is that when I right click on the taskbar, the options for adding toolbars don't even show up. Is this something I/T has to address or am I...
  5. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings. When I login as a different user on the same machine...
  6. Clicking Quick Launch Toolbar to Close The Program

Clicking Quick Launch Toolbar to Close The Program: When I click on the icons in the Quick Launch Toolbar, it opens the program up, but when I click it again, instead of closing it nothing happens. How do I get the Quick Launch Toolbar icons to close it if it's open and open if it's closed when I clicked them?...
  7. Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar

Windows 10 icon size in added Quick Launch toolbar: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and my Quick Launch toolbar icons are too big even when set to Small icons in View. They are bigger than the regular pinned icons which are set to small via the Taskbar settings. When I login as a different user on the same machine...
  8. Quick launch toolbar folder is removed periodically

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick launch toolbar folder is removed periodically: My Quick launch folder disappears from the taskbar after using CCleaner. Is there a special assigned place, or a registry setting for this folder not to be removed from the taskbar? 116767
  9. Quick Launch toolbar stuck

Quick Launch toolbar stuck: Hello, I have messed up the taskbar, I "think" with Winaero Tweaker, trying to get the white text back so I can read anything (enable disable then enable colored title bars fixed that). While I did get the black text to turn white, either with the colored title bars or Aero...
  10. Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer: How to: Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer How to Add or Remove Quick Access Toolbar Items in Windows 10 File Explorer [img] Information The Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) is a small, customizable toolbar that exposes a set of Commands...