Windows 10: Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Delay of Running Startup Apps in Windows 10 signs in to Windows.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Hemimax, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Hemimax Win User

Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Delay of Running Startup Apps in Windows 10

signs in to Windows. Startup items can be added by either the programs or drivers installed, or manually by you.

By default, Windows will run the items in your Startup folder (shell:startup) after about a 10 second delay at Windows startup when you sign in to your account. This was done to help improve the performance of Windows startup. If you have a fast computer, then you may wish to disable this startup delay to have your startup items run as soon as you sign-in instead of delayed.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the delay of running startup apps at Windows startup for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

*note The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Serialize

Startupdelayinmsec DWORD

(delete) = Enable delay
    0 = Disable delay

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Delay of Running Your Startup Items at Windows Startup
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Startup_delay.reg

Download

3. To Disable Delay of Running Your Startup Items at Windows Startup
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Startup_delay.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Hemimax, Feb 10, 2017
  2. _johny Win User

Fast boot but almost two minutes on the welcome screen after logon

Ok, just checked. No delay in safe mode. Not able to run safe mode with network enabled though.

BTW, I'm realizing the startup tab overrides HKLM\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and HKCU\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run entries. I can see no changes there when I enable/disable entries in the startup tab.

_johny, Feb 10, 2017
  3. Computer starts normally only when power service is disabled

Original title: Startup problem Windows 10

When I disable the "Power" service in the startup services, my system seems to start normally. When I enable it the system takes forever to boot and never works properly. Typing has a loooong delay and programs don't run. How can I re-configure the "Power"
    service, if that is what is necessary. Thanks.

Mike...

Michael P_578, Feb 10, 2017
  4. Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10

Only thing you need to do is to run the attached registry file and reboot. DONE!

slicendice, Feb 10, 2017
  5. You're welcome! If you don't have that branch in your registry it just means it's not configured and the default delay set by MS in some application code is configured.

slicendice, Feb 10, 2017
  6. Hemimax Win User
    Another FYI, after I ran the registry file all it did was create the empty branch \Serialize with no DWORDS. I can add the new DWORD easy enough.

Hemimax, Feb 10, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Richard @Hemimax, *Smile

The registry entries are not there by default in Windows 10. The downloadable .reg files adds them for you to make it easier to enable or disable.

Brink, Feb 10, 2017
  8. Hemimax Win User

Got it, Thank you Brink.

Hemimax, Feb 10, 2017
  9. Hi,
    This was an annoying one it's not faster if apps don't load *Confused thanks *Smile

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Startup Delay in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Startup

2. How to disable and enable startup programs

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to disable and enable startup programs: Hello everyone, today we will talk about Startup Programs and: How to disable them. How to get anything you want – a program, a folder, or even a picture – to launch at the moment you launch Windows. This feature is frequently used by people who want to speed up their...
  3. Disable Windows 10 Startup Delay using StartupDelayInMSec Registry key

in Windows 10 News
    Disable Windows 10 Startup Delay using StartupDelayInMSec Registry key: [ATTACH]When you start up your Windows 10 PC, it takes around 10 seconds of delay. This delay helps Windows OS start System Services and load […] This article Disable Windows 10 Startup Delay using StartupDelayInMSec Registry key first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  4. Windows 10 long delay on startup.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 long delay on startup.: When I am restarting my computer, it boots up very fast but on the login screen, after I type my pin, I am stuck in Welcome screen no cursor for many minutes. The computer eventually boots up... When I press shutdown and I turn my computer on, then before the login screen...
  5. Windows 10 long delay on startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 long delay on startup.: When I am restarting my computer, it boots up very fast but on the login screen, after I type my pin, I am stuck in Welcome screen no cursor for many minutes. The computer eventually boots up... When I press shutdown and I turn my computer on, then before the login screen...
  6. Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?: Hi all - Do you think that Fast Startup should be enabled in W10? Yes or no? Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials Please explain your reasoning. Thanks! *Smile 111734
  7. Enable or Disable Run Speech Recognition at Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Run Speech Recognition at Startup in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Run Speech Recognition at Startup in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Run Speech Recognition at Startup in Windows 10 When you set up Speech Recognition in Windows 10, it lets you control your PC with your voice alone, without needing a...
  8. Enable or Disable Enhanced PINs for BitLocker Startup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Enhanced PINs for BitLocker Startup in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Enhanced PINs for BitLocker Startup in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Enhanced PINs for BitLocker Startup in Windows 10 [img] Information When you TPM, you can choose to unlock the OS drive at startup with a PIN. The turn on BitLocker...
  9. Add, Delete, Enable, or Disable Startup Items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add, Delete, Enable, or Disable Startup Items in Windows 10: How to: Add, Delete, Enable, or Disable Startup Items in Windows 10 How to Add, Delete, Enable, or Disable Startup Items in Windows 10 Startup items are the apps, shortcuts, folders, drivers, etc... that are set to run or open automatically at startup when a user signs...
  10. Send to Context Menu - Enable or Disable Delay Building in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send to Context Menu - Enable or Disable Delay Building in Windows 10: How to: Send to Context Menu - Enable or Disable Delay Building in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Delay Send to Context Menu Build in Windows 10 The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to...