Windows 10: Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows

Discus and support Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows How to Add, Remove, Export, and Merge Registry Favorites in Windows [img] Information If... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by LittleJay, Jun 10, 2015.

1. LittleJay Win User

Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows

How to: Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows

How to Add, Remove, Export, and Merge Registry Favorites in Windows

Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows [​IMG]
    Information If you use the Registry Editor to make customizations, check the contents of a particular key, or make fixes, you can save the key as a favorite for easy retrieval. Unfortunately, when you upgrade to a new build or clean install your system, all the favorites are cleared. Here's how to save and restore them from one build/install to the next.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] To Add a Registry Key to Favorites
    Step One:
    Open a Run dialog box with WIN key+R. Type regedit and click OK.

Step Two:

Navigate to the registry key you would like to save as a favorite. In this example, I have chosen the current preview build number.

Step Three:

Click "Favorites", then "Add to Favorites".

Step Four:

Enter the name you wish to call the Favorite, and click "OK".

Your favorite now appears in the list.

OPTION TWO [/i] To Remove a Registry Key from Favorites
    Step One:

Step Two:

Click "Favorites", then "Remove Favorite".

Step Three:

Choose the Favorite you wish to delete and click "OK".

The Favorites entry has been removed.

OPTION THREE [/i] To Export Registry Favorites
    Step One:

Step Two:

Navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Regedit\Favorites

The items in the circle will be your favorites you have previously stored.

Step Three:

Right-click the "Favorites" key, then click "Export".

Step Four:

Choose a location and name for your saved entries. Note the branch is defaulted to the current key, "Favorites". Leave as is. Press "Save" to save your file.

When opened in Notepad, your saved registry entries should look like this, with your favorites listed:

Step Five:

Move or copy your saved registry entries to an external drive/folder/thumb drive for safe keeping.

OPTION FOUR [/i] To Merge Registry Favorite
    Step One:

Right-click the .reg file (your saved file from Step Four above) and click "Merge".

(Note: This step can be done from the media you saved the .reg file on. It does not have to be copied to the OS drive first)

If you get a UAC prompt, click OK.

Step Two:

At the next 2 prompts, click YES and OK.

All your saved Registry Favorites will now be available in the new build/clean install or new computer.

That's all!

:)

LittleJay, Jun 10, 2015

2. program will not uninstall

I am unable to uninstall a program through add/remove programs or by using the set up disk. It uninstalled previously before I upgraded to windows fall creators update.The program is asus pce-ac 56 control panel. I called Asus support, and they said I
    must contact Microsoft for registry removal. Removing registry entry's is NOT my favorite thing to do.

Moved from: Internet Explorer / Internet Explorer 11 / Windows 10

flybynight1, Jun 10, 2015
  3. PACALA_BA Win User
    ?...My Favorites Apps list

Hi,

• What exactly are you looking for? Are you referring to Edge Favorites?.....NO
    Make phone.reset...and then try to REBUILD all your applications...MANUALLY, without MY FAVORITES APPS LIST

ONEDRIVE.MY ACCOUNT.MY PURCHASE HISTORY...

APPLICATION 1............MISSING.......ADD TO/REMOVE FROM... MY FAVORITES APPs

APPLICATION 2............MISSING.......ADD TO/REMOVE FROM... MY FAVORITES APPs

OR DIRECTLY ON THE PHONE.APP-LIST...SCREEN

APPLICATION 1............MISSING.......ADD TO/REMOVE FROM... MY FAVORITES APPs

APPLICATION 2............MISSING.......ADD TO/REMOVE FROM... MY FAVORITES APPs

PACALA_BA, Jun 10, 2015
Thema:

Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows

1. Add or Remove Registry Favorites in Windows - Similar Threads - Add Remove Registry

2. Windows my Favorite Apps, how to ADD or REMOVE ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows my Favorite Apps, how to ADD or REMOVE ?: Very top of Windows are my "Favorite Apps" Example: Email, Facebook, work website, etc. but I don't remember how to = ADD or REMOVE them? After 2 days of looking I cannot find the answer. Thank you for your help...
  3. Add to Favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Add to Favorites: How do I add websites to my favorites in the Edge browser? Thanks 175752
  4. How to add or remove Favorites in Windows Registry

in Windows 10 News
    How to add or remove Favorites in Windows Registry: [ATTACH]Whenever we search for certain Windows 10 how to’s, many of them consist of editing, removing or adding new registries to the system. Computer geeks […] This article How to add or remove Favorites in Windows Registry first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to add a favorite to favorites bar in Edge?: Hey gang, I can't seem to figure this one out. When I set up Win 10 a few days ago, I imported my IE settings into Edge. All my favorites are there, and the ones I had pinned to my favorites bar are there. But I can not seem to figure out, how to add a favorite to the...
  6. Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10 The Photos app is included in Windows 10 by default. You can use the Photos app to view and edit your photos and videos, make movies, and create albums....
  7. Add or Remove Favorites from Quick Access in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites from Quick Access in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites from Quick Access in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites from Quick Access in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 replaced Favorites from previous Windows with Quick access. The Quick access page is the shortest route to...
  8. Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 [img] Information Favorites in the navigation pane is a way to easily access items in your %UserProfile%/Links folder....
  9. Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Microsoft Edge Favorites in Windows 10 [img] Information Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web. You can keep...
  10. Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app: How to: Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app How to Add or Remove Folders from Favorites in Windows 10 Mail app The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with...