Windows 10: Add password on turn-on

Discus and support Add password on turn-on in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I need a bit of help with adding a password to my user. I want to have to sign in with a password every time I turn on my PC with Windows10 - however... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JacobHo, Feb 13, 2020.

1. JacobHo Win User

Add password on turn-on

I need a bit of help with adding a password to my user. I want to have to sign in with a password every time I turn on my PC with Windows10 - however all I can find i that I can make it want a pin after it wakes up from sleep.

I've always only had one user, but have added another local user. If possible i want the PC to ask which user to sign in on when turned on.

Thanks in advance

:)

JacobHo, Feb 13, 2020

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Add password on turn-on

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Add password on turn-on

1. Add password on turn-on - Similar Threads - Add password turn

2. How to add password to a folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add password to a folder?: I'm trying to add a password, not to encrypt it, to a Microsoft folder I created, with many files in it. I know I can easily add a password to an actual file. Any help as I can't seem to be able to accomplish this very simple task. thanks so much. ***Modified title...
  3. Administrator and turn on password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator and turn on password: Couldn't remember my password so I turned on my computer and push f11 and now it comes up when you turn on the computer administrative password or turn on password does anybody know cuz it won't take my regular password somehow overnight if forgot it...
  4. How to add a password so whenever an .exe file is opened it asks for a password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to add a password so whenever an .exe file is opened it asks for a password: I have a new laptop on win10 that is my own private machine. I want to set a password so that when any new files and programs such as .exe are run it will ask for a password. I am an admin as it's my machine., and at the moment it will ask for permission to open such files...
  5. I remember pin but not password.. and to add microsoft account i need password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I remember pin but not password.. and to add microsoft account i need password: I kept a password first to activate fingerprint. But later to give my lappy to my friends, I ket a pin and told him that and eventually, I recognized that I forgot the password. now to add Microsoft account I need to enter the windows password. By the way, I am using...
  6. Not allowing password reuse is worthless, annoying, adds complexity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not allowing password reuse is worthless, annoying, adds complexity: Please drop your rule which does not allow password reuse! Occasionally I need to access my msn email from another location but because you force me to use ludicrous passwords, changing them constantly, it is unlikely that I know my pw and have to create a temp one to get...
  7. Password Protected Sharing - Turn On/Off with PowerShell

Password Protected Sharing - Turn On/Off with PowerShell: How can I use PowerShell to turn on/off "Password Protected Sharing" setting in Advanced sharing settings? 66136
  8. Network share requesting password, but password protection turned off!

Network share requesting password, but password protection turned off!: Hi Guys, This is a curious one. I have three PCs (two desktop and one laptop) all running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (1607). Each system has a shared partition, set up exactly the same, which has sharing set for 'everyone', with 'full control'. Password protected...
  9. How to add password on a specific folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add password on a specific folder?: This is pretty simple. i just want to know how to add a password to a specific folder. So whenever the file is opened, the user is asked for a password. Thanks. 27813
  10. Add Password to Local Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Password to Local Account in Windows 10: How to: Add Password to Local Account in Windows 10 How to Add Password to Local Account in Windows 10 [img] Information Using a strong password is among the most important steps you can take to protect your computer from hackers and other unwelcome users. If you...