Windows 10: Add password on turn-on

Discus and support Add password on turn-on in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I need a bit of help with adding a password to my user. I want to have to sign in with a password every time I turn on my PC with Windows10 - however... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JacobHo, Feb 13, 2020.

1. JacobHo Win User

Add password on turn-on

I need a bit of help with adding a password to my user. I want to have to sign in with a password every time I turn on my PC with Windows10 - however all I can find i that I can make it want a pin after it wakes up from sleep.

I've always only had one user, but have added another local user. If possible i want the PC to ask which user to sign in on when turned on.

Thanks in advance

:)

JacobHo, Feb 13, 2020

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Add password on turn-on

Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Add password on turn-on

1. Add password on turn-on - Similar Threads - Add password turn

2. turning of passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turning of passwords: How do I completely turn of passwords pn my windows 10 pc. I would like to turn of the sign in option and so that my password wont keep expiring or if i can turn of the password completely that would be great....
  3. turning of passwords

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turning of passwords: How do I completely turn of passwords pn my windows 10 pc. I would like to turn of the sign in option and so that my password wont keep expiring or if i can turn of the password completely that would be great....
  4. turning of passwords

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Add a password to primary account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a password to primary account: I was running win11 Home. Just recently upgraded to win11 PRO.Was using fingerprint reader or PIN to login to primary account. Never had or used password for login.But now I need to login to my primary account from RDP. The problem is RDP prompts for a password which I...
  6. Add a password to primary account

Add a password to primary account: I was running win11 Home. Just recently upgraded to win11 PRO.Was using fingerprint reader or PIN to login to primary account. Never had or used password for login.But now I need to login to my primary account from RDP. The problem is RDP prompts for a password which I...
  7. Add password to share folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add password to share folder: I have a NAS , for user to share folder in windows 11 / 10 , could the folder be protected by password ? that mean add a password protection to the share folder is possible ?thanks...
  8. Add password to share folder

Add password to share folder: I have a NAS , for user to share folder in windows 11 / 10 , could the folder be protected by password ? that mean add a password protection to the share folder is possible ?thanks...
  9. How to add password to a folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to add password to a folder?: I'm trying to add a password, not to encrypt it, to a Microsoft folder I created, with many files in it. I know I can easily add a password to an actual file. Any help as I can't seem to be able to accomplish this very simple task. thanks so much. ***Modified title...
  10. Administrator and turn on password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator and turn on password: Couldn't remember my password so I turned on my computer and push f11 and now it comes up when you turn on the computer administrative password or turn on password does anybody know cuz it won't take my regular password somehow overnight if forgot it...