Windows 10: Add password to share folder

Discus and support Add password to share folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a NAS , for user to share folder in windows 11 / 10 , could the folder be protected by password ? that mean add a password protection to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by General LASEC Email, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Add password to share folder

I have a NAS , for user to share folder in windows 11 / 10 , could the folder be protected by password ? that mean add a password protection to the share folder is possible ?thanks

:)

General LASEC Email, Mar 31, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Sharing a folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue.

To know the username of your computer, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    2. Right click on the Command prompt icon and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Type whoami in Command Prompt window and press Enter.
    4. You will find the username of the computer, use the username and your password to access the file from the shared folder.

However, if the above steps didn’t help, I suggest you to turn off password protected sharing and check if that helps.

To turn off password protected sharing, please follow the steps mentioned below on your laptop:

1. Press and hold Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    2. Type Control and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
    4. Click on Change advance sharing settings.
    5. Under All Networks, click on
      Turn off password protected sharing

Hope it helps.

Please reply to this post for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 31, 2023
  3. How to stop sharing folder for windows 10?

Referring to following link, I would like to know on how to stop sharing folder for windows 10.

I cannot find Stop Sharing option on step 5.

Use these steps to stop sharing any folder on Windows 10:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Computer Management and click the top result to open the experience.
    3. Expand the Shared Folders branch from the left pane.
    4. Click the Shares item.
    5. Right-click the folder that you no longer want to share and the Stop Sharing option.
    Furthermore, ADMIN$ is found to be Remote Admin under computer management.

There is no option to stop it as well.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop sharing and remote?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

How to stop sharing network folder on Windows 10 - Pureinfotech

PublicMicro, Mar 31, 2023
  4. bakasamaz Win User

Add password to share folder

How To: Password Protect a Folder in Network?

xp pro

Hi i have xp pro and i Unchecked the simple file sharing. Can you walk me through? what i want is to password protect Shared folders, so whenever from the others computers try to access those folders a Prompt message pop up asking for user name and password.

bakasamaz, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

Add password to share folder

1. Add password to share folder - Similar Threads - Add password share

2. Add password to share folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add password to share folder: I have a NAS , for user to share folder in windows 11 / 10 , could the folder be protected by password ? that mean add a password protection to the share folder is possible ?thanks...
  3. Add folder Column: ¿Has password?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add folder Column: ¿Has password?: Hi there!Im getting crazy at one thing that i suposed to be very easy, but i cant find the answer.I have a folder with 400+ excel files / words, and some of them has password and some does not.I want to quickly identify which ones have and which one doesnt. so my question is:...
  4. Add folder Column: ¿Has password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add folder Column: ¿Has password?: Hi there!Im getting crazy at one thing that i suposed to be very easy, but i cant find the answer.I have a folder with 400+ excel files / words, and some of them has password and some does not.I want to quickly identify which ones have and which one doesnt. so my question is:...
  5. Network Folder Sharing with and without Password

Network Folder Sharing with and without Password: Good Day, I have setup a small Private Network. I will be sharing a few folders, some of them will require username/Password wich will be created as local accounts on the shared folder PC. But i would also like to share another folder with "Everyone" and require no username...
  6. Remove saved password on shared folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove saved password on shared folder: Hello, I am using local file sharing to share files between my network and the people using it, i shared a folder from my pc to another person in the network and it required that i enter my microsoft account on their pc, i did that and it no longer require the password,...
  7. Folder share requires password to Outlook.com

Folder share requires password to Outlook.com: I am working on a 4-PC network. All are running Win 10 Build 1909. PC-1, PC-2, and PC-3 have no problem accessing all shared folders/files on the network. PC-4 has a problem accessing any files on PC-1, but full access to PC-2 and PC-3. The problem is that when PC-4 attempts...
  8. Shared folder password

Shared folder password: How to lock a shared folder with a password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shared-folder-password/ab2aff5e-3696-47d4-9d67-37b948a251a6"
  9. How to add password to a folder?

How to add password to a folder?: I'm trying to add a password, not to encrypt it, to a Microsoft folder I created, with many files in it. I know I can easily add a password to an actual file. Any help as I can't seem to be able to accomplish this very simple task. thanks so much. ***Modified title...
  10. Add or Remove Shared Folders from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Shared Folders from OneDrive: How to: Add or Remove Shared Folders from OneDrive How to Add or Remove Shared Folders from Your OneDrive [img] Information You can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 tablet, or Windows 10 Mobile...