Windows 10: Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu to Windows 11/10

Discus and support Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu to Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When you delete an item on your Windows computer, it gets saved in the Recycle Bin so that you can fetch it whenever you want. A lot of Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 4, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu to Windows 11/10

Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu to Windows 11/10 permanently-delete.png
    When you delete an item on your Windows computer, it gets saved in the Recycle Bin so that you can fetch it whenever you want. A lot of Windows users do not like this feature and want their files to not get stored in the Recycle Bin and instead be permanently deleted. In that case, […]

This article Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu to Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Nov 4, 2022

2. Context Menu keeps Resizing (Windows 11)

Hi Priyansu. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, specializing in Installation, Performance, Troubleshooting and Activation, here to help you.

There is a new design for Context Menu in Windows 11 which you can adjust following steps here:

https://www.pcgamer.com/windows-11-context-menu...

https://nerdschalk.com/how-to-fix-windows-11-ri...

Based on the results you post back I may have other suggestions if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Nov 4, 2022
  3. Context Menu - Open With (Windows Suggested List)

Diagram 'A' shows Windows' suggested programs
    Diagram 'B' shows the extended list

I have been trying to edit the context menu's "Open with" list of Windows' suggested programs for the .mp3 extension.
    I'm not talking about the extended list, but rather the programs that first appear 'before' the "choose another app" option.
    If you look at Diagram 'A' you will see the preliminary list generated by Windows, this is the list I am looking to modify.
    I have an .mp3 editor named Goldwave that I use for editing audio files, however, I do not want to change the preliminary program Windows uses to open .mp3s. My .mp3s should remain assigned to Winamp Player.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu to Windows 11/10 [​IMG]

Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu to Windows 11/10 [​IMG]

Bandit012345, Nov 4, 2022
  4. Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu to Windows 11/10

File Explorer Context Menu

Hi Mark, my name is Neil and I'm a Windows 11 user like you.

I too wasn't thrilled by the new context menu options in Windows 11. However, since using it, my New > option appears on the first context menu, where you simply hover and then select New Folder just like Windows 10.

Now I can't be sure if this changed by itself (adapted because I have used the New option a few times) or if this came from an update? So you might want to try using the New option a few times and see if it moves to the first context menu.

However, to answer your question, yes! There is a way to restore a full context menu back to Windows 11.

It involves editing the registry but is a fairly simple thing to do and it is also easy to remove too by deleting the key you create if you ever needed to.

There are many websites with the steps that show you what to do, but I think this one is the best as a step-by-step guide: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-res...

After following the instructions and rebooting, you will have a full context menu when you right click.

I hope this helps!

Kindest regards,

Neil

Smug Puppy, Nov 4, 2022
Thema:

Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu to Windows 11/10

1. Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu to Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - Add Permanently Delete

2. How to add Secure Delete to the context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Secure Delete to the context menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]While using our systems in day to day life, we end up creating and deleting files. Since adding or creating new files and deleting is […] This article How to add Secure Delete to the context menu in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu?: I am sick of Windows forgetting my sort option. I want to sort files in certain folders by "Date last modified" (but NOT all folders of the same type - example: Pictures). Having to go to "More..." to enable/show my preferred option EACH time (or using the ribbon -> View ->...
  4. Add Secure Delete to Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Secure Delete to Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Secure Delete to Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Secure Delete to Recycle Bin Context Menu in Windows 10 The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from your hard disk, Windows...
  5. Add Secure Delete to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Secure Delete to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Secure Delete to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Secure Delete to Context Menu in Windows 10 When you delete a file or folder in Windows, the item(s) get placed in the Recycle Bin by default until you empty the Recycle Bin to permanently delete them if...
  6. History - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    History - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: History - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add History to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use File History to automatically back up versions of your files on a schedule to a location you select to save to. You can select to save...
  7. Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Restart Context Menu in Windows 10 Restart will close all apps, sign out all users, and full shutdown and restart (reboot) the PC. Starting with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Old behavior: - When...
  8. Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Cleanup - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Cleanup to Context Menu of Drives in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Disk Cleanup to reduce the number of unnecessary files on your drives, which can help your PC run faster. It can delete...
  9. Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Email - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Email to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use Email from the Share tab in the ribbon of File Explorer by default when you have files and/or folders selected. It allows you to send the...
  10. Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Permanently Delete to Context Menu in Windows 10 When you delete a file or folder in Windows, the item(s) get placed in the Recycle Bin by default until you empty the Recycle Bin to permanently...