Windows 10: Add Photos to FastStone Image Viewer

Discus and support Add Photos to FastStone Image Viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I like to use Windows Photo App in a FastStone ImageViewer like "Open with" command. I can add all other programs from MIcrosoft Store but not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by aljo_petek, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Add Photos to FastStone Image Viewer

Hi

I like to use Windows Photo App in a FastStone ImageViewer like "Open with" command. I can add all other programs from MIcrosoft Store but not Photos app. Is there any chance to do it? I use this path:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2019.19051.16210.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft.Photos.exe

Not working

Many thx for help

:)

aljo_petek, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Polarman Win User
    Polarman, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Taras Win User

Add Photos to FastStone Image Viewer

Unable to replace Photos app with Photo Viewer as default (10240).

Thanks; I've been using Faststone Image Viewer for several years. However, that's not what I want as my default image viewer when I simply want a quick look at a photo or three. Windows Photo Viewer is my preference for that purpose.

Based on recent replies on answers.microsoft.com, Windows Photo Viewer exists on build 10240 but requires a registry modification to become available to JPG files. It was suggested to use third-party file-management software to make the modification. I'd prefer not to install software if all it takes is changing a registry key or two.

Does anyone have any information on what registry mods are needed to associate JPG to Windows Photo Viewer?

Taras, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Add Photos to FastStone Image Viewer

1. Add Photos to FastStone Image Viewer - Similar Threads - Add Photos FastStone

2. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  3. Photo Viewer adds a yellow tint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo Viewer adds a yellow tint: Photos in the Windows Photo Viewer appear to have a yellow tint. Looking at the same photo on the same monitor at the same time etc in Windows Paint the colors are more true to the original scene. Attached is a screen shot of the same photo taken on an iPhone. Paint is on the...
  4. Photo Viewer adds a yellow tint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Viewer adds a yellow tint: Photos in the Windows Photo Viewer appear to have a yellow tint. Looking at the same photo on the same monitor at the same time etc in Windows Paint the colors are more true to the original scene. Attached is a screen shot of the same photo taken on an iPhone. Paint is on the...
  5. Photo Viewer Image Compression

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewer Image Compression: Hi,Does the Windows Photo Viewer automatically compress pictures to edit them? I took some portraits for my niece that I'd like to edit, but it's compressing them from a large file to a small one, which I don't want. Ex. The picture starts out as 7.8MB & ends up as 1MB.I know...
  6. Microsoft Photos viewer banding on images

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Photos viewer banding on images: I have Microsoft Photos 2020.20090.1002.0 on my Windows Desktop PC.when viewing images, I keep getting this banding/ black banding on the images! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-photos-viewer-banding-on-images/76972653-53b6-452f-ad60-e22a6247ccb3
  7. "Windows Photo Viewer" cropping images in slideshow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Windows Photo Viewer" cropping images in slideshow: I prefer to use "Windows Photo Viewer" for viewing images since like forever, and since I upgraded to windows 10 I have been facing some issues. I recently upgraded to Windows 10, but when I use the same it shows all the images cropped whenever I enter the slideshow mode. Is...
  8. Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.: Hello world, I'm having some issues with the default windows 10 photo / image viewer. When I open a image, the application loads said image but adds a certain yellow-ish tint to it aswell as some kind of resolution downgrade. It's weird because the instant I open the image,...
  9. Can't open photos on image viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open photos on image viewer: Hey guys, I can't open photos on image viewer from yesterday. [img] Regards. 82902
  10. FastStone Capture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FastStone Capture: Hello, While looking for some program to make pdf files, I found this "FastStone Capture" and it is portable, so I made a try, and it has other nice features, a screen recorder, it can record a video to wmv format. But here is the problem, as you can see on the attached...