Windows 10: Add picture to a Local Account (Creators Update)

Discus and support Add picture to a Local Account (Creators Update) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I’ve just installed Win10 Creators Update. When I went to create an account for my sister (Add a family member) it seemed impossible to do so without... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by dortmunder, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Add picture to a Local Account (Creators Update)

I’ve just installed Win10 Creators Update. When I went to create an account for my sister (Add a family member) it seemed impossible to do so without using an email address. I merely wanted a simple account for her to use when she visits.

I was able to do this by creating an account for her using Other People/Add someone else to this PC. However, I see no way of adding a picture to this account. Very irritating…

Can anyone tell me if there IS a way to add a User Account as in the good old days i.e. without bothering with email addresses and having the ability to have a picture/photo?

Thank you.

:)

dortmunder, Apr 20, 2017

2. Windows 10 Creators Update - Something Went Wrong When Trying To Create Account

I recently upgraded to Creators Update of Windows 10.

I am trying to add a new local account.

When entering the Username, Password and Password Hint, a message appears in red letters saying: "Something went wrong".

Please do you know what can I do to add successfully a new Local account?

MarkosMevorah, Apr 20, 2017
  3. Zero Jiu Win User
    Microsoft Account not working after Creator Update

- Windows 10 Creator 15063.540

- Has Microsoft Account linked before Creator update

- After update to Creator, the Microsoft Account is still linked, and in Setting->Accounts->Your info, it shows I am using a Microsoft account.

- However, in Setting->Accounts->Sync your settings, it says "Some Windows Features are only available if you are using a Microsoft account or work account".

======

- Try to "Sign in with a local account instead"

- Error: "We’re sorry, but something has gone wrong. Your Microsoft account account
    wasn’t changed to a local account. Code: 0x80007002" (sometimes 0x80004005)

- Restart windows

- My account is changed to a local account.

- Try to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead"

- The "Microsoft account" pop-up blinked and disappear, so does the "Get help" pop-up.

- Can't login to Microsoft account and stuck on a local account

Roll back to previous version of Windows will solve all the issues.

If someone knows how to solve this issue in Creator please help me.

I've updated to creator and then rolled back twice since the Creator came out.

======

Update #1: Tried a different approach

- Rolled back

- Update to Creator with a local account

- Try to "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" after updated to Creator

- No "Microsoft account" pop-up; no "Get help" option.

- Cannot "Add someone else to this PC", no pop-up.

- Windows Edge is no longer working, not opening. (IE works fine)

======

Update #2: Solution

After Googled for some time with a bit inference, I finally come to a conclusion that somehow the Creator update completely corrupted all my system apps.

- Edge won't start, because it is an app and it's corrupted. IE apparently is an outdated executable, therefore it remains intact.

- I cannot login Microsoft Account/switch to Local Account, because "Microsoft Account" is a freaking app, and its corrupted.

- And that "Get Help" is an app too.

- And "Add someone else to this PC" uses "Microsoft Account" app.

The solution would be running code below

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

in Powershell under administrative permission, in order to redeploy system apps.

All security features including Firewall, UAC and Defender must be turned on.

Thanks to all the Microsoft staff, you've been very helpful, though Google helped even more.

And thanks to me for doing your job for you. You are welcome.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Zero Jiu, Apr 20, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Add picture to a Local Account (Creators Update)

Sign into the new account and 'browse' for a pic in Settings/Accounts/Your Info

Edwin, Apr 20, 2017
  5. Excellent, Edwin, thank you! Sometimes, though, you just wish they'd leave things as they were...

dortmunder, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Add picture to a Local Account (Creators Update)

1. Add picture to a Local Account (Creators Update) - Similar Threads - Add picture Local

2. Admin account picture syncronizing to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin account picture syncronizing to local account: My parent’s computer has had an annoying problem recently. My dad has an admin account, and my mom and I have a local account. Whenever my mom signs into her account, she receives a duplicate picture of the admin’s account. We tried changing it, restart the PC to see if the...
  3. Unable to add an account picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to add an account picture: Hello, I just recently upgraded to WIN10 from a USB drive. During setup I was attempting to add an account photo but I keep getting the error message "setting the account picture failed. Please try again" I have read on other questions that users can navigate to the...
  4. Add local user account to family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add local user account to family account: I want to add my son’s local account to Family account. He has already created his Microsoft account on his computer and I want to add it to the Family. I changed my administrative account to the adult account but cannot change his account because I receive a message that...
  5. How do I Add a New Picture to Local Account so it can be seen on the

How do I Add a New Picture to Local Account so it can be seen on the: Hey guys I switched to a local account. When I reboot the PC I can't see a picture. It's just a grey icon. How do I get a picture to show there. The only time I see a picture now is if I'm using my Microsoft Account. Thanks ☺ 10627
  6. Unable to add local admin account

Unable to add local admin account: Periodically I acquire computers from ex-employees that only have themselves as local Users. Even though I'm in the Administrators Group as a domain admin, I don't have permission to add anyone to local Users. I need to clean these up for redeployment and often wind up...
  7. Creators Update - Account Problem

Creators Update - Account Problem: Since Microsoft 'creators update' about a week ago I have been getting the following message pop up daily; Microsoft account problem We need to fix your Microsoft account before you can use shared experiences. Select this message to open settings to fix things....
  8. Add Microsoft Account without losing Local Account?

Add Microsoft Account without losing Local Account?: I currently use a Local Account (no password) on a notebook but would also like to add my existing Microsoft Account. Is this possible without losing an option to sign in with the Local Account if necessary? 67987
  9. Add or Update Security Questions for Local Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Update Security Questions for Local Account in Windows 10: How to: Add or Update Security Questions for Local Account in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 build 17063, Microsoft added the use of security questions to local accounts in Windows 10. Security questions will provide an extra layer of protection...
  10. Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10: How to: Add Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 How to Add a Local Account or Microsoft Account in Windows 10 You need a user account to use Windows, and if you share a single PC with other people, each person should have their own account. Each person can...