Windows 10: Add playback devices back to right-click menu of task bar icon!

Discus and support Add playback devices back to right-click menu of task bar icon! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Submitting feedback doesn't seem to ever do anything so I'm posting this here. I'm super frustrated that after a recent update I now have to play hide... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WesleyMickna, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Add playback devices back to right-click menu of task bar icon!

Submitting feedback doesn't seem to ever do anything so I'm posting this here. I'm super frustrated that after a recent update I now have to play hide and seek with my audio devices when I want to switch between different outputs. Why would you turn something that was as simple as a single click away, into a settings scavenger hunt? If there's any way I can revert this please do tell. This is the most infuriating thing to happen to windows for me since preinstalled candy crush.

:)

WesleyMickna, Jan 16, 2019

2. Welcome to the Thunder dome!!!!!

Switching between HDMI or regular audio will be very simple once you have made the connections.

In Vista -> Right click the speaking icon in the task bar --> playback devices --> select HDMI and set as default.

In "Playback Devices" you will see 2 HDMI outputs in the list. I suggest you disable the second HDMI audio in the device manager. In device manager the second device will be below the main HDMI output in the list of sound devices. you can disable it there to save confusion.

TRIPTEX_CAN, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. KomouPoji Win User

Add playback devices back to right-click menu of task bar icon!

Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar. Cannot make it “stick” to the taskbar

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “Trying to move desktop icon to the task bar”, you mean pin the excel workbook to the task bar?
    • what exactly when you try to stick the excel file to the taskbar?
    If you are trying to pin the excel workbook to the taskbar.

Follow the steps below.

• Click on the start menu, select the icon and right-click on the icon.

• From the list, select pin it to taskbar or pin it to start.
    Also, you can drag the icon from the desktop and drop on the task bar.

I hope the information is helpful and if the issue still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Add playback devices back to right-click menu of task bar icon!

1. Add playback devices back to right-click menu of task bar icon! - Similar Threads - Add playback devices

2. Add right click show desktop functionality at task bar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add right click show desktop functionality at task bar.: Yes i know i can click on that tiny line on the right hand corner. Its small, awkward and annoying. Is there a method to add in the option; right click task bar -> show desktop. I don't want another shortcut on the task bar....
  3. Add right click show desktop functionality at task bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add right click show desktop functionality at task bar.: Yes i know i can click on that tiny line on the right hand corner. Its small, awkward and annoying. Is there a method to add in the option; right click task bar -> show desktop. I don't want another shortcut on the task bar....
  4. Writing in Start menu not possible. Icon in task bar cannot be right clicked.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Writing in Start menu not possible. Icon in task bar cannot be right clicked.: Hello, I just updated a slightly older system from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Everything has worked so far. But now I have the problem that I can not write in the start menu. If I log off and log on again, then start typing in the start menu for example "Edg..." then the start...
  5. Writing in Start menu not possible. Icon in task bar cannot be right clicked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Writing in Start menu not possible. Icon in task bar cannot be right clicked.: Hello, I just updated a slightly older system from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Everything has worked so far. But now I have the problem that I can not write in the start menu. If I log off and log on again, then start typing in the start menu for example "Edg..." then the start...
  6. Writing in Start menu not possible. Icon in task bar cannot be right clicked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can't right click in task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't right click in task bar: To start, I have:Windows 10 ProVersion: 20H2Build: 19042.1165Issue: I can't right click any icon in the task bar. Additionally, when I hover over an icon in the task bar the active windows show, but then they won't go away, even after I click on one of them to bring that...
  8. right click on volume icon on task bar not working right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click on volume icon on task bar not working right: Hi - last few days, when i right click on volume, only the volume mixer is working, playback devices, sound, recording devices all don't work..when i tried to access device manager, getting message - Unable to create new document!! what is going on?? thanks for the help...
  9. Windows 10 Right-click Menu Bar Icons Not Appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Right-click Menu Bar Icons Not Appearing: Recently, I've noticed that some the right-click menu bar icons haven't been appearing, among in some other places. Screenshots: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet First image: Right click menu. Second image: The taskbar preview close button not appearing....
  10. Missing Right Click Menu Test in Task Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Right Click Menu Test in Task Bar: After a while text can start to not appear in right click menus from the task bar. It seems similar to the other graphic bugs like missing icons from the start menu. [img] 22257

Users found this page by searching for:

1. playback devices menu

2. add playback devices

3. when i right click my volume icon it doesnt have the playback devices option

4. no playback devices button right-click toolbar,
  5. no playback devices option in context menu of speaker icon,
  6. playback devices option is not there when i rightclick on my sound icon on my taskbar,
  7. why doesnt playback devices show when i right click the sound icon?