Windows 10: Add Powerline to Git Bash Terminal?

Discus and support Add Powerline to Git Bash Terminal? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I’m trying to get some form of powerline going in my git bash terminal, but everything I find is basically geared toward mac, Linux, or PowerShell.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ModelMissing, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Add Powerline to Git Bash Terminal?

So I’m trying to get some form of powerline going in my git bash terminal, but everything I find is basically geared toward mac, Linux, or PowerShell. Any help or advice would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/ModelMissing
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ModelMissing, Dec 27, 2020
  2. jimbo1qaz Win User

Experiencing multi-second delays, on opening Git Bash, msys2 bash, Python, Ubuntu Git Oh-My-Zsh, etc.

After disabling many devices from Device Manager and rebooting without Safe Mode, Git Bash did not have any lag. I opened Git Bash and began enabling devices. Enabling "AMD Radeon(TM) R5 M430" would cause Git Bash to start lagging instantly (without reboot),
    and disabling it fixed the problem.

I think I'll restore my system backup, try a driver update, and complain to AMD.

jimbo1qaz, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Use conda and git from same terminal (W10)

Windows 10 beginner here - currently using:

• Anaconda Prompt terminal to use conda and manage python environments.
    • git bash terminal to use git and manage code.

I want to use both conda and git in the same terminal - preferably in git bash or some other unix-style terminal (with cd, ls, grep).

Upon researching the issue, I came across this tutorial which references a step in the installation progress which I must have skipped:

I did not do this during installation and I think that is the issue. What's the easiest way to do this?

Note: Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) is not an option.

DannyDannyDanny, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Add Powerline to Git Bash Terminal?

when I click on any folder git bash gets opened

Whenever I try to a folder (using double click)in the system git bash is opening. When I open a folder with the open option(ie., right click > open ) then it's getting opened. How can I solve this issue?

RajashekarS, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Add Powerline to Git Bash Terminal?

1. Add Powerline to Git Bash Terminal? - Similar Threads - Add Powerline Git

2. How do I run VS Code and Git Bash when will not download and run properly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I run VS Code and Git Bash when will not download and run properly?: Cannot Install and run Visual Studio Code VS or Git Bash. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-run-vs-code-and-git-bash-when-will-not/52f0b533-2b5a-4020-9754-2b423c12e13b
  3. How do I run VS Code and Git Bash when will not download and run properly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I run VS Code and Git Bash when will not download and run properly?: Cannot Install and run Visual Studio Code VS or Git Bash. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-run-vs-code-and-git-bash-when-will-not/52f0b533-2b5a-4020-9754-2b423c12e13b
  4. git and pywb

git and pywb: I am trying to install pywb onto a local virtual machine environment (folder). System is debian 11.3 (Bullseye), Local Personal Computer. with Python 3.10.6, which has pip and setuptools. I understand it might not run here, this excersise is only to figure out how to install...
  5. Bash terminal like iTerm2?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bash terminal like iTerm2?: Hi all -- this may be a loaded question, so I apologize in advance for sounding ignorant, but I have looked into this off and on for the past few months and have finally decided to post the question here. The story is this: I do a bit of computer programming for work,...
  6. Terminal: Powershell vs Ubuntu: git status difference for PHP project

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Terminal: Powershell vs Ubuntu: git status difference for PHP project: I've just updated my installation of Windows terminal to 1.0. To test consistency I opened Terminal in my project directory and got these results: Powershell: [ATTACH] WSL/Ubuntu: [ATTACH] Powershell shows git --version = 2.26.2.windows.1 WSL shows git --version =...
  7. How to setup ssh server in windows10 in git bash?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to setup ssh server in windows10 in git bash?: Image file: https://nxnt.link/TrYSh submitted by /u/darkwarrior33 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gfpm1k/how_to_setup_ssh_server_in_windows10_in_git_bash/
  8. Ubuntu terminal not displaying git messages correctly

Ubuntu terminal not displaying git messages correctly: I have been using the Ubuntu terminal for Windows recently, and have just encountered a problem where outputs from git commands aren't displaying correctly. [ATTACH] Ubuntu terminal is on the left, and cmd on the right. As can be seen, the changes to be committed are not...
  9. Powerlines

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Powerlines: I use a powerline AV500 by Netgear, I get 16mb and 9mb from my internet connection. I'm paying for 100mb down and 10mb up. When I use my WiFi I get 25mb and 9 mb from the same connection. What should I do to maximize what I get from my Internet connection? 26339
  10. GIT Bash not working in Windows 10 1709 16299.125

in Windows 10 Support
    GIT Bash not working in Windows 10 1709 16299.125: GIT Bash not working in latest version 1709 Build 16299.125. Any solutions? Would greatly appreciate. Thank you, 102839

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powerlines in git bash