Windows 10: add printer through Firewall

Discus and support add printer through Firewall in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello I want to add my brother printer to my windows 10. Every time I print I have to deactivate my firewall Can someone help... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dunnb45, Oct 2, 2020.

1. dunnb45 Win User

add printer through Firewall

Hello

I want to add my brother printer to my windows 10.

Every time I print I have to deactivate my firewall

Can someone help

:)

dunnb45, Oct 2, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Yeah, I have windows firewall disabled, and I don't use any other firewall... mostly to prevent stupid issues like this.

None taken... and yeah, I do.

3. newtekie1 Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Oct 2, 2020
  4. add printer through Firewall

Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

add printer through Firewall

1. add printer through Firewall - Similar Threads - add printer through

2. Is it possible to add IP address in the firewall rule via GPO through Powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to add IP address in the firewall rule via GPO through Powershell: Hi Experts,Is there any possible way to add an IP address in the firewall rule via GPO through PowerShell? I have searched on the internet I am not able to find any relevant link.If its possible could someone please let me know how to do that ?I have attached the relevant...
  3. Can´t Add Network Printers through the Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can´t Add Network Printers through the Settings: Hi People With the new Security KB5005652—Manage new Point and Print default driver installation behavior CVE-2021-34481 microsoft.com we have now to enter a Admin User Name and Password to install network Printers.If We add the Printers through the Control Panel we get the...
  4. Can´t Add Network Printers through the Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can´t Add Network Printers through the Settings: Hi People With the new Security KB5005652—Manage new Point and Print default driver installation behavior CVE-2021-34481 microsoft.com we have now to enter a Admin User Name and Password to install network Printers.If We add the Printers through the Control Panel we get the...
  5. Can´t Add Network Printers through the Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. apps through firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    apps through firewall: please tell me is it safe to have all boxes checked , public and private apps that can communicate through firewalls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-through-firewall/2e837977-a4b0-4db9-9938-01f52f37d5cd
  7. Brother printer not allowed through firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brother printer not allowed through firewall: After a tech support call with Brother it was determined that the firewall is blocking the printer communication. I have had it USB wired and now wireless with the same issue. I know I can allow an app or feature through windows defender firewall but the printer is not...
  8. Permission to communicate through firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Permission to communicate through firewall: How do you determine which App is legitimate communicating through the firewall (privately vs publicly). I notice some which concerns me greatly... a string of capital letters and numbers...
  9. allowing a webpage through firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    allowing a webpage through firewall: I am trying to access a webpage and do not know how to allow it through either my Chrome firewall or my Bitdefender. Allow Chrome to access the network in your firewall or antivirus settings....
  10. Add or Remove Allowed Apps through Windows Firewall in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Allowed Apps through Windows Firewall in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Allowed Apps through Windows Firewall in Windows 10 [img] Information Starting with Windows 10 build 16193, Windows Firewall has been renamed to Windows Defender Firewall. Windows Firewall can help prevent hackers or malicious software from...