Windows 10: Add printer throws an error

Discus and support Add printer throws an error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can click add device but just pressing "add printer" throws immediately the error 0x07e saying The specified module can not be found. *Huh This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by agabob, Aug 3, 2015.

1. agabob Win User

Add printer throws an error

I can click add device but just pressing "add printer" throws immediately the error 0x07e saying The specified module can not be found. *Huh
    This is upgrade from windows 7 but all together installed about 3 weeks ago so pretty new installation.

:)

agabob, Aug 3, 2015
  2. rhwright Win User

Windows 10 November Updates and HP LaserJet 5P

I have the same problem with HP LaserJet 5 using LPT3. It was working fine and now it just reports error mode. The printer is listed in the Add Printer list and indicates it has a driver. It appears to install without a problem. The printer appears in Devices
    & Printers but it does not show up in Device Manager. Something had to happen with Win 10 for the printer to stop responding but finding what is bound to be a problem. Too bad, cause the printer still works perfectly and I don't like to throw good hardware
    away. Anyone stumble on a solution, would appreciate feedback.

rhwright, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Print Spooler Error 1068

1. When I try to print, an error is thrown up. Adobe Reader, for example, throws up one that says: "Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer"; Excel 2007 (I know, it's outdated) throws
    up one that says: "No printers are installed. To install a printer, do the following: [list of instructions for how to install a printer in various iterations of Windows]". However, when I go to "Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers",
    the printer is listed correctly under printers.

2. The printer is an HP Deskjet 1000 J110 Series.

I've tried the above steps and they unfortunately did not solve the issue -- to begin with, the spooler is not even started for me to stop in the first place as in step c, and when I attempt to start it as in step g, it throws up Error 1068 again.

ElijahMears, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Add printer throws an error

1. Add printer throws an error - Similar Threads - Add printer throws

2. Add a printer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add a printer: Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners. I have two HP Office Jet 8100 Network listed.Problem: I had a new Modem and Router installed yesterday by Spectrum. I would like to add the new network name and password so I can add my printer wirelessly. I've tried to find that area...
  3. Add a printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a printer: Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners. I have two HP Office Jet 8100 Network listed.Problem: I had a new Modem and Router installed yesterday by Spectrum. I would like to add the new network name and password so I can add my printer wirelessly. I've tried to find that area...
  4. Add a printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSoD throwing the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD throwing the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error: Hello, just yesterday I started getting BSoD throwing the DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOATION error, and it was the same day that my apartment got the wifi upgraded, so it may be in relation to that. I've tried updating my ssd drivers, my wifi adapter drivers, my graphics drivers, and I...
  6. Add Network Printer Error #64

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add Network Printer Error #64: [ATTACH] Any idea about the Error Code #64 ? [moved from German forums] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-network-printer-error-64/ad1bca6c-878a-4edd-a95c-305e4df8f19e
  7. Add printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add printer: Hi, can someone help? Can't add printer to remote server, another 10 I added. this no way. Thanks [img] 152578
  8. add a printer

add a printer: laptop doesn't recognize printer or can't find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-a-printer/f6c8ef28-f8db-4258-93f1-d4518876ac9e
  9. Error When add printer

Error When add printer: Hi, good morning... kindly, need you support to fix my issue when add any printer in the Network printer its gave me below screen error: [ATTACH] i have this error for two users with windows 8.1 Pro & 10 Pro , a did all troubleshooting in the service restart printer...
  10. Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Get-mpcomputerstatus throwing error: Hi, When I am trying to get result from powershell command "Get-MpComputerStatus" it is throwing below error: [ATTACH] I have checked the WinDefend service it is in started status. Checked event logs it is showing caused due to unknown error. OS edition : Windows 7...