Windows 10: Add Printer - Unknown Printer on Network

Discus and support Add Printer - Unknown Printer on Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi ! I keep getting an unknown printer showing up when I go to add a printer. Does this indicate a breach of network security ? It seems to me it does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dan9628, May 22, 2021.

1. dan9628 Win User

Add Printer - Unknown Printer on Network

Hi ! I keep getting an unknown printer showing up when I go to add a printer. Does this indicate a breach of network security ? It seems to me it does because it sure is NOT my printer ! Cannot remove printer either... Ideas for how do I resolve ( yes rebooted ) ? Running Norton 360 (Win 10) which is usually pretty good at Network security. Other symptoms - Device Manager keeps reloading will not steady list to enable me to drill down to look into any devices...

:)

dan9628, May 22, 2021
  2. BobBarr Win User

networking a printer

It can be networked through the computer through control panel settings<view installed printers<your printer< share this printer I think is simple way someone else correct me if I'm wrong. Once you do that try connecting on your other comps by adding printer over network.

BobBarr, May 22, 2021
  3. networking a printer

true ive done it at my courses *Smile Add Printer - Unknown Printer on Network :)
    so you just have to connect it to the pc and that one should be connected with the network *Smile Add Printer - Unknown Printer on Network :)

DreamSeller, May 22, 2021
  4. Nailezs Win User

networking a printer

when networking a printer does it have to be connected to the router or can it be connected to a pc and be networked thru the pc?

Nailezs, May 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Add Printer - Unknown Printer on Network - Similar Threads - Add Printer Unknown

2. Unable to add/connect to network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add/connect to network printer: I am unable to add a network printer to windows 11. It doesn't automatically recognize. When I select through the network, it shows it unable to connect. The printer is connecting to all other PCs in organization running windows 10 and older. This is specific to windows 11...
  3. add sharing printer by network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add sharing printer by network: server printer windows 10 client windows 11 oeration could not be completed error 0x00000709please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-sharing-printer-by-network/df62185a-9c78-45b4-b578-d4e127b4aaaf
  4. add sharing printer by network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add sharing printer by network: server printer windows 10 client windows 11 oeration could not be completed error 0x00000709please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-sharing-printer-by-network/df62185a-9c78-45b4-b578-d4e127b4aaaf
  5. Windows 11 Add Printer not working for shared network printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Add Printer not working for shared network printer: Hi,I have just installed windows 11 after some intrepidation i am delighted with windows 11. So far all is working perfectly. Except one issue. we have a shared network printer connected to another PC. when i go to "Add a device" selecting add manually add a network...
  6. Add Network Printer Limit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add Network Printer Limit: What is the upper limit on the number of Network Printers that I can add to my local Windows 10 laptop? Can I potentially add 10,000 printers and make any one of them the default printer? The idea is to build an RPA bot that can prepare a document and send it for printing to...
  7. Unknown Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Printer on Network: Windows 10 on home network after scanning network an unknown printer appears at random. Dont know who or what area it is from and only information is a network properties with only a MAC address How does this matter and is my network secure with network discovery Does the...
  8. Unknown printer

Unknown printer: Hello, I have a computer with windows 10 pro recently upgraded for windows 7 pro when I had windows 7 everything was fine after upgrading I am seeing 2 unknown printer I don't know screenshot is below: [ATTACH][ATTACH] I only have an Ethernet cable so there is no way...
  9. All network printers disappeared, can not add new network printers

All network printers disappeared, can not add new network printers: Since the last week, all my network printers have simply disappeared and trying to add new network printers yield "no new printers found". All other computers on my network using the same WIFI connection that I do and can see my two network printers and print to them,...
  10. Add network printers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add network printers: Hello, Windows does not automatically detect networks printers ... with 7 and 8.1 I had to manually install them using their IP but it's not possible to do this with the TP ... any idea ? 4539