Windows 10: add RAM to board

Discus and support add RAM to board in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Asus TUF Z 390 Plus Gaming WIFI board with one stick of ram. It is a Corsair 8 GB DDR4 -2400 stick. I had it built and should have gotten 16... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by maranna, Aug 1, 2020.

1. maranna Win User

add RAM to board

I have an Asus TUF Z 390 Plus Gaming WIFI board with one stick of ram. It is a Corsair 8 GB DDR4 -2400 stick.
    I had it built and should have gotten 16 GB for a VM.
    Can I buy the same stick and install it in a second channel, boot up and go or is there more to it than that?
    It us still warranted so would this void it if I did this myself. My hardware knowledge is obviously limited. I have placed RAM in older machines but it came in pairs so was easier.
    I can bring it to the builder but it is difficult for me.
    Any suggestions?

:)

maranna, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 1, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    2133Mhz RAM together with an i5-2500k

I don't know.

The QVL (qualified vendors list) for the board lists RAM up to 2400 MHz, but run at 1333. Support for high frequency RAM, but only after a fashion.

I guess that anything over that would be overclocking. All that I can suggest is trying it (may require manually setting the memory frequency in the BIOS) and running a memory test to see whether it is stable.

bobkn, Aug 1, 2020
  4. add RAM to board

To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin add RAM to board :D

DrunkenMafia, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

add RAM to board

1. add RAM to board - Similar Threads - add RAM board

2. Can I add ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I add ram: Hi,I have Windows 8.1 running pc3-10600 4gb ram I had a doubt can I add a pc3-12800 2x4 gb ram my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-add-ram/a35cc5bc-680f-4ecc-8d8e-d23a60635d47
  3. Can I add ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I add ram: Hi,I have Windows 8.1 running pc3-10600 4gb ram I had a doubt can I add a pc3-12800 2x4 gb ram my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-add-ram/a35cc5bc-680f-4ecc-8d8e-d23a60635d47
  4. There in a ₹ Indian Rupees symbol are you add your SwiftKey board

There in a ₹ Indian Rupees symbol are you add your SwiftKey board: Add ₹ Indian Rupees symbol in SwiftKey board * Moved from Community Participation Center* OS not specified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-in-a-indian-rupees-symbol-are-you-add-your/9f2e5d21-0f41-4023-a7df-c88847c15152
  5. There in a ₹ Indian Rupees symbol are you add your SwiftKey board

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    There in a ₹ Indian Rupees symbol are you add your SwiftKey board: Add ₹ Indian Rupees symbol in SwiftKey board * Moved from Community Participation Center* OS not specified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-in-a-indian-rupees-symbol-are-you-add-your/9f2e5d21-0f41-4023-a7df-c88847c15152
  6. How to upgrade RAM and add SSD

How to upgrade RAM and add SSD: Hi,I want to upgrade my RAM currently I have 4 GB RAM and 1TB HDD in my dell laptop I want to know that what should I know about RAM and SSD before upgrading it.I have 4GB RAM then is it necessary to add another RAM of 4GB or I can also add another RAM of 8 GB I have slot for...
  7. Upgrade or Add RAM?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Upgrade or Add RAM?: Can I buy a 4gb RAM 2400mhz ddr4 SODIMM? How to know how many RAM slots in my laptop? How much RAM can I buy? Lenovo 110-15ISK Laptop ideapad - Type 80UD specs: RAM: Manufacturer: Micron, Speed: 2133 MHz, Size: 4.000 GB, Type: DDR4 Processor: IntelR CoreTM i3-6100U CPU @...
  8. Add virtual ram to memory

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add virtual ram to memory: Hi, On my desktop I have a 16 Gb pagefile and 16Gb of ram which gives 32 Gb of memory. On my laptop I have tried to change the pagefile size to 18 Gb to get 24 Gb of memory with my 6 Gb ram. My pagefile is 18 Gb as showned in explorer C directory but my ram is still only 6...
  9. add more RAM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    add more RAM: I want to add more RAM TO MY COMPUTER.from 3 gb to 8 gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-more-ram/809dfc73-8578-456a-9b99-2042446ab2d9"
  10. How to check the Video Ram Usage - On Board Intel Graphics

in Windows 10 Support
    How to check the Video Ram Usage - On Board Intel Graphics: I have windows 10 with a few monitors hooked up. I am wondering how much video ram I am currently using. There are no games. Just general office/productivity tools. Is there anyway to check the Video RAM usage on a 7th GEN i7? 115521