Windows 10: Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List

Discus and support Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've read almost all the threads related to this subject. I would like the right-click jump list on the file explorer icon in the taskbar to show a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by m11, Mar 28, 2018.

1. M11
    m11 Win User

Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List

I've read almost all the threads related to this subject.

I would like the right-click jump list on the file explorer icon in the taskbar to show a Recent Folders section.

I don't want Frequent Folders.

I don't want Recent Files

I'm not trying to pin "Recent Folders" to Quick Access.

I'm trying to make the jump list look like this:

Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List [​IMG]

:)

2. zzeiss Win User

Clear the recent list in File explorer

Original Title[File Explorer]

When I right click at Windows 10 File Explorer icon on taskbar it shows me pinned and recent items. How to clear the recent list? I tried turning off setting "Show recently opened items in Jump list on Start or the taskbar", and clearing history in file
    explorer under folder options. Nothing worked, list is still there.

zzeiss, Mar 28, 2018
  3. Keith A. Miller, Mar 28, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

The best solution I've seen is in opening a Folder in File Explorer, right-click the Folder icon on the Taskbar, click the Folder desired and Pin it, moves it from Recent up to Pinned.

Berton, Mar 28, 2018
  5. M11
    m11 Win User
    That's not what I was asking how to do unfortunately.

My Jump List doesn't even have a Recent Folders/Places subsection. It only shows a "Pinned" section (Top portion of screenshot above).

6. Berton Win User
    Mine doesn't either on Version 1709 Build 16299.334.

Some pages found by Search:
    jump lists windows 10 - Google Search

Berton, Mar 30, 2018
  7. M11
    m11 Win User
    Mine is 10.0.15063.

Right click to get recent folders was a huge productivity booster for me. I hope we can figure out how to do it.

8. Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List

Mine shows as the first post picture. Win10 64bit Pro ver 16299.334 is what I am running. It is pretty much a clean install.
    Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List [​IMG]

Access Denied, Apr 1, 2018
  9. M11
    m11 Win User
    Mine seems to be working okay now, curiously.

Yesterday I went to File Explorer | File | Change Folder and Search Options.

Then Restore Defaults / Clear file explorer history / Make sure both privacy boxes are checked / Open File Explorer to This PC.

Today it works!!!!! There is a recent folder section!! It defies understanding.

Thema:

1. Add Recent Places/Folders to File Explorer taskbar Jump List - Similar Threads - Add Recent Places

2. Add mnemonics to windows 10 taskbar jump lists context

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add mnemonics to windows 10 taskbar jump lists context: A mnemonics I use all the time in the taskbar pinned app context, rightclick a recent file, F to remove from the recent list., has gone in windows 10.How do I reassign the mnemonic F to the "Remove from this list"?...
  3. Add mnemonics to windows 10 taskbar jump lists context

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add mnemonics to windows 10 taskbar jump lists context: A mnemonics I use all the time in the taskbar pinned app context, rightclick a recent file, F to remove from the recent list., has gone in windows 10.How do I reassign the mnemonic F to the "Remove from this list"?...
  4. Add mnemonics to windows 10 taskbar jump lists context

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to get file explorer jump list to show recent folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get file explorer jump list to show recent folders?: My file explorer jumplist is just showing the default pinned folders Documents, Pictures, Download, and Desktop. I unpinned them all and they went to recent, but no other recently used folders appear in the jump list. Back windows 8.1 when I opened a file, the folder it...
  6. File explorer jump list broken since 1903 update - doesn't show recent folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer jump list broken since 1903 update - doesn't show recent folders: I used to have a list of recent folders in File Explorer under pinned folders. Now there is just one, the last one. How do I get the whole list back? I have 12 pinned items, which I had before the update. The 1903 update apparently now only allows one recent item. So how...
  7. Taskbar Jump List Files Slow to Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar Jump List Files Slow to Open: If I click on an app pinned to the taskbar it loads straight away. If I right click the app and click on a pinned file it takes 20 secs to load the app....
  8. File Explorer Jump List - Is This Normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Jump List - Is This Normal?: I have File Explorer pinned to the task bar. The Jump List shows pinned folders and recently accessed folders only. It does not show recent or frequently accessed files. Is this normal behavior, or did I break something? 53096
  9. Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Places on File Explorer Always Empty: Hello guys , i really don't know what to do. The recent places on file explorer alwyas empty and shows only the pinned folders , in notepad for example it do shows the "recent" Anyone know how to solve it? Thanks. 66036
  10. Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Enable Recent Items Jump Lists in Start but not on the taskbar?: Alright, so in Windows 10 there is the option in Settings under Personalization > Start called "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar". Enabling this turns on Recent Items on programs in the Start menu and on the right-click menu on programs on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. add rescent places to file explorer

2. add recent folders link to windows 101909

3. right-click on file explror on taskbar show recent folders

4. add recent folders to pinned file explorer on taskbar,
  5. how to have windows explorer icon recent places in taskbar,
  6. how to put recent places folder in file explorer