Windows 10: Add recovery partition into C drive

Discus and support Add recovery partition into C drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just deleted the content (through the recovery software) of the recovery partition (D drive) in my laptop which had an older OS in it. I would like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by tomseys, Mar 23, 2017.

1. tomseys Win User

Add recovery partition into C drive

I just deleted the content (through the recovery software) of the recovery partition (D drive) in my laptop which had an older OS in it. I would like to add the space in this partition into the C drive, basically eliminating this recovery partition and expanding C the amount of the partition.

In disk management, it now shows that I have 2 small partitions before the C drive partition.. I believe those are windows 10 related partitions for booting etc, and then after C there is a small 890mb healthy partition and then finally the empty ex-recovery D drive partition of 22gb that I would like to put into C.

So basically there is a small windows related partition (that I think I should not mess with) in between C and the recovery drive I want to incorporate into C.

Would deleting that volume do it (drive d ex-recovery partition)? Or do I need to do something else to get it to merge with C.

Thanks

:)

tomseys, Mar 23, 2017

2. Edit partitions while installing Windows 10

What about increasing the C: drive partition after upgrading to Windows 10? I have a Recovery D: drive from Windows 7 that I would like to add to the C: drive primary partition but Windows 10 stuck in a Volume (no drive letter) labeled Healthy (Recovery
    Partition) between the c: drive partition and the d: drive partition that seems to disallow me from increasing the size of the C: drive by incorporating the D: drive after it is wiped of all data files (no need for Win 7 recovery). Any ideas how I can add
    these 20GB to the C: drive?

Kenneth Goodwin, Mar 23, 2017
  3. how to extend c: disk volume (SSD drive) in Win10?

I opened Device Manager, Disk drives and I see my c: drive.

On my C:\ drive I see 130gb NTFS, next I see 966mb Healthy (Recovery Partition) and the next is 86.9 gb unallocated, next is 19.51 gb Healthy (Recovery Partition)

When I right click on C: the "extent volume" option is disabled - Here is what I see

Any idea how to add space to the c: - primary partition?

Thanks,

zb

Zalek Bloom, Mar 23, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Mar 23, 2017
  5. tomseys Win User
    okay here it is:

Add recovery partition into C drive [​IMG]

Drive D was the recovery partition. I want to basically delete this drive/partition and put the space it has back into C. I have a friend who has the same laptop, and I think Windows cleaned up his recovery drive when Win 10 was installed - I believe. In his disk management, there is the two partitions in the beginning and then the C drive, just like mine, and then a similar 920 mb file at the end (with no d drive).

tomseys, Mar 23, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    Don't think you can add the space occupied by D: since there is a partition between C: and D:, usually would have to use third-party partitioning software to do it as my experience shows Windows can't.

Berton, Mar 23, 2017
  7. tomseys Win User
    Can you recommend any? I tried easeus but the instructions are a little poor and confusing to me on how to merge two non adjacent partitions - I think that is what i have to do here right?

tomseys, Mar 23, 2017
  8. Add recovery partition into C drive

cottonball, Mar 23, 2017
  9. tomseys Win User
    Great, thank you cottonball. Very easy.

Add recovery partition into C drive [​IMG]

tomseys, Mar 23, 2017
  10. Glad it worked for you!! *Wink

cottonball, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Add recovery partition into C drive - Similar Threads - Add recovery partition

2. EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive: I noticed that my main Windows SSD does not have an EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition. These two partitions are located on my HDD. I would like to know if it is possible to create these two partitions on the SSD disk and remove them on the HDD disk without losing...
  3. EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive: I noticed that my main Windows SSD does not have an EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition. These two partitions are located on my HDD. I would like to know if it is possible to create these two partitions on the SSD disk and remove them on the HDD disk without losing...
  4. EFI System Partition and Recovery Partition are not located on C: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Move C:\Recovery\* to Recovery partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Move C:\Recovery\* to Recovery partition: Hi, I have the recovery partition but the recovery file are in the C: filesystem. I don't know if it uses the recovery partition but I would like to move from C: to the recovery partition to save some space. It's possible? 176302
  6. Recovery partition after "C:" Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recovery partition after "C:" Drive: [ATTACH] Does anyone know why this occurred & any way to fix that. It's not actually necessary but it hinders my ability to add more storage to the system. Thanks in advance...
  7. recovery boot partition in not on my C drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    recovery boot partition in not on my C drive: recovery boot partition in not on my C drive, and I have two of them the newer one is larger, and I can't seem to delete either https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recovery-boot-partition-in-not-on-my-c-drive/9024d0dc-ef26-44f3-861c-5e73c4987839
  8. Windows boot/efi/recovery partitions are not on the C drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows boot/efi/recovery partitions are not on the C drive: I bought a 500gb nvme ssd for my pc and I installed while my old sata 250gb drive was still in there (which had windows installed on it). I installed windows on it and instead of creating those partitions on the drive, it treated it like a dual boot system and it just used...
  9. Recovery partitions not recovery DRIVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery partitions not recovery DRIVE: I am working on a Toshiba laptop which my sister bought used with Win 8.0. The software was unfixable so I reinstalled 8.0 from a recovery drive I created with the Win 8.0 system. I then installed Win 8.1 from a microsoft store download and then installed Win 10 after...
  10. Can't extend C Drive because the partition next to C is Healthy Recovery Partition. What...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't extend C Drive because the partition next to C is Healthy Recovery Partition. What...: Hi, I would like to extend my C drive as it is often full but I cant seem to do it because the partition next to C is the healthy recovery partition. What should I do? Can I delete the healthy recovery partition? Will that be okay? Or is there a way to move the healthy...