Windows 10: Add restriction to childs device

Discus and support Add restriction to childs device in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am windows 10 user with 3 devices (one laptop, two desktops) at my disposal and I am the sole user on all three devices (naturally making me... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Rakesh Roy, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Add restriction to childs device

I am windows 10 user with 3 devices (one laptop, two desktops) at my disposal and I am the sole user on all three devices (naturally making me administrator)

To restrict my surfing habits I have added my ms account as child account with my friend as an adult who can set all the permissions.

There is serious loophole in this system.

Being administrator on the devices, I can still add users using "Add someone else to this PC." feature.

Is there a way to restrict administrator from accessing user account settings using family feature?

:)

Rakesh Roy, Mar 23, 2019

2. Windows 10 Family safety - child can disable all feature, why?

Hi,

There may be a sync issue with the restrictions that has been applied to the child account. To isolate your concern regarding Family Safety, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Remove the Child account on the Family Safety website.
    • Change the passwords of your account.
    • Add the Child account again.
    • Add the restrictions to the Child account again.

Keep us updated with the results if your child will still be able to turn off the Family Safety feature after performing the steps above.

Kristoffer Abs, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Minecraft Servers- child?

Hi,

A Parent account can manage or control the Child account's privacy and online safety settings online. To change or remove the restrictions on your child's profile, you may follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your account on the
      Xbox account settings page
    • Select the gamertag of the child account which you want to edit.
    • Go to the Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety.
    • Set Join multiplayer games to Allow.
    • Save your settings.

Make sure that the restrictions are also removed from the
    Microsoft Family page

• Sign in to your account and look for the child account's email address.
    • Click on Content restrictions.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Mar 23, 2019
  4. MDPiercy Win User

Add restriction to childs device

child restrictions

Is it possible to stop a child using Windows 10 from changing the pc time to get around the set time restrictions

MDPiercy, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Add restriction to childs device

1. Add restriction to childs device - Similar Threads - Add restriction childs

2. unable to add device to monitor childs use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to add device to monitor childs use: I have tried multiple times to add my daughter's laptop to family safety to I can monitor her use. it is an ASUS brand, serial number is R7N0LP01M010286 but each time I enter the serial number it is not located. I can't find in settings to add her either so I need some help...
  3. unable to add device to monitor childs use

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    unable to add device to monitor childs use: I have tried multiple times to add my daughter's laptop to family safety to I can monitor her use. it is an ASUS brand, serial number is R7N0LP01M010286 but each time I enter the serial number it is not located. I can't find in settings to add her either so I need some help...
  4. unable to add device to monitor childs use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Device manager restrictions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager restrictions: I can't open the device manager. When i try to open it it shows "this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator"...
  6. Child able to work-around family restrictions

Child able to work-around family restrictions: Please, any ideas how to prevent a child from hacking their way round Microsoft Family restrictions? Politely asking them not to unfortunately doesn’t appear to work.Child’s account is locked with time restrictions, all apps blocked, age limit<3, etc. The child can still...
  7. child account restrictions

child account restrictions: Hi, I have set up an account on my PC for my child and have successfully restricted his internet access to only the list of sites that I have approved. However, on the bottom taskbar, there is a search box that returns previews of web search results, including pictures, if...
  8. Cannot add a device to my child

Cannot add a device to my child: Hi, I have 2 boys: H and M see below. I also have 2 devices surfaces, one for each. I have setup my two boys in an identical manner in family account. I have setup my two surfaces in an identical manner. Each boy uses his own device, and logs in in the same manner. Now for...
  9. Add device to child account

Add device to child account: I cannot add a 2nd device to child account. He can only see xbox. Why is this so difficult? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-device-to-child-account/e15d7f09-5495-40bd-a0c2-e87b87fb3eb4
  10. Bypass internet restrictions on child account easily??

Bypass internet restrictions on child account easily??: Hi everyone, I've noticed the following issue, and wanted to know if anyone had a solution. Using family controls, you can block access to certain websites, but this only works for Microsoft edge. You have the option to block certain other browsers, but there's no option to...