Windows 10: Add 'Run as Administrator' to WinKey + R Run window?

Discus and support Add 'Run as Administrator' to WinKey + R Run window? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know this question has been asked before but there may have been a patch or similar update... Is there a way to add the checkbox that allows you to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thelps, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Thelps Win User

Add 'Run as Administrator' to WinKey + R Run window?

I know this question has been asked before but there may have been a patch or similar update...

Is there a way to add the checkbox that allows you to run a program 'As Administrator' to the WinKey + R Run Dialog Box?

It's available if you use 'Run' via the Task Manager, but not via the keyboard shortcut.

Also, the CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER method doesn't seem to work via the Run window either...

Appreciate your assistance here.

The version in question is 16299.1087

:)

Thelps, Nov 29, 2019

2. Microsoft Jigsaw and Solitaire apps will not load and run

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with Windows store download and Windows updates too, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.

Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 4:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Emil Win User
    WinKey + R not always working in Windows 10

When I press WinKey+R to bring up the run-command, it started not working all the time. I don't recall if it's been there since I've installed Windows 10 or appeared after, but I would like it if I didn't have to install it all over again.

I don't use a wireless keyboard.

Tests I've done:

• WinKey+D (or L, A,
      X, K, M, Q) works fine
      all the time, as does the WinKey itself to open the Start Menu.
    • When I'm in Chrome browser (for example) and I scroll a page, it's
      enough for WinKey+R to be ignored. I have to
      change focus to another window (e.g., to Command Prompt) and only then
      can I press (WinKey+R) twice to open the
      Run dialog. (But it's not consistent when I have to do this – it might
      work first try!)
    • WinKey+X followed by WinKey+R, for example, doesn't yield any result.
    • If I click the taskbar (the one that used to contain the 'Start' button) and press WinKey+R, it works!

I was thinking that it could be due to some program catching the key-combination, but I can't seem to find any (did scans with S&D, AVG, Ad-Aware).

Any ideas what it might be or how I can debug this?

4. 74yyuio Win User

Unable to Run as Administrator

Denis. Thanks for your reply. The previous post was last year. I had a fairly new HP laptop which suddenly would not boot. I came to the Ten Forum site and the responder was Guru Navy LCDR. He was giving me things to try. Due to some health problems, I dropped out for a while. I was finally able to get an older Toshiba laptop with Windows 10 running which moved the urgency down a few notches. I just recently got back to the HP problem and contacted the guru. He sent me a procedure to try. The first step was to create a command list. The first item was 'cmd and Run as Administrator', which I could not achieve.. I tried it on the Toshiba and it worked. Via Google, I received several things to try, but none worked.

On your thread today, using the old Toshiba, I did the right click on start and selected the Windows PowerShell (Admin), the screens you showed came up. When I tried it on the desktop, there was no visible response. As you can tell, any help you can provide will be appreciated. Thanks again
    Dick R.

74yyuio, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Add 'Run as Administrator' to WinKey + R Run window? - Similar Threads - Add 'Run Administrator'

2. Run as an administrator...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as an administrator...?: I have a program I'm trying to run on my computer, but it states that I need to run as an administrator. The computer is not a workplace computer, it is not part of a network, it isn't even a shared computer. This is MY computer, I own it. Why is this such a problem and how...
  3. Run as an administrator...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as an administrator...?: I have a program I'm trying to run on my computer, but it states that I need to run as an administrator. The computer is not a workplace computer, it is not part of a network, it isn't even a shared computer. This is MY computer, I own it. Why is this such a problem and how...
  4. run windows key + r

in Windows 10 Customization
    run windows key + r: when i try to launch run and insert a command i get this window. this never happened before and i dont know how to fix this can someone please help me? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-windows-key-r/759b231a-2c71-4197-b761-292e36e8ff90
  5. run as administrator

run as administrator: How can I log in as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-as-administrator/646a029d-39ea-4540-9ce7-5da26d6fd2d4
  6. Run as administrator

Run as administrator: I had trouble opening an attached email file until I found a solution (on this forum) that advised me to run the email program as administrator. However, if I or Microsoft reboots my computer, that setting goes away. I don't know if it means anything, but when I log in,...
  7. Run as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Run as administrator: I had trouble opening an attached email file until I found a solution (on this forum) that advised me to run the email program as administrator. However, if I or Microsoft reboots my computer, that setting goes away. I don't know if it means anything, but when I log in,...
  8. Run as Administrator

Run as Administrator: How can I change my Windows 10 system so that I am the administrator for everything that goes on in my computer? I get this annoying message frequently: "You must be the administrator to run this application." Thanks...
  9. Add "Run as administrator" to MSP files

Add "Run as administrator" to MSP files: This question can be asked for MSI files as well, so we can say that doing so for MSI files is also useless, since eventually we'll get to the Admin mode when needed even if we don't run MSI files as Admin!
  10. Not Running as Administrator

Not Running as Administrator: Hey all, anyone experiencing issues with Running as Administrator ever since the last W10 update? To overcome a printing error in Final Draft I have to run the program as administrator, but ever since the last update, the program simply doesn't start after I hit "Yes"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to run cmd under administrator mode using winkey r

2. winkeyrun

3. windows 10 run as administrator windows r