Windows 10: Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu

Discus and support Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am requesting help modifying an eight-forums tutorial registry hack. The tutorial has not been updated for Win10 but works nonetheless. The Tutorial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bamajon1974, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu

I am requesting help modifying an eight-forums tutorial registry hack. The tutorial has not been updated for Win10 but works nonetheless.

The Tutorial involves adding Search to the context menu of folders, drives, desktop background, This PC, as well as cabinet and compressed folders. The link is:

Search - Add to Context Menu in Windows 7 and Windows 8 | Windows 8 Help Forums

The problem is that, when using the right-click Search registry tweak on any arbitrary folder, a new window is opened and the Search is executed throughout This PC rather than within the specific folder and/or sub-folders.

How could this right-click Search registry tweak be modified to perform Search the target folder and/or sub-folders rather than This PC?

Closer examination of the registry file indicates two types of modifications:

(1) re-enabling right-click search functionality to Cabinet folders, Compressed folders, Directories, and Drives by removing a LegacyDisable string in Find key; in this case, the search box is opened by calling CLSID string {a015411a-f97d-4ef3-8425-8a38d022aebc} from explorer.exe

(2) creating right-click search functionality to Desktop Background folder and This PC by creating Search key; in this case, the search box is opened by calling a string explorer.exe search-ms:

How could the above strings be modified to search the current directory rather than This PC?

Thanks!

:)

bamajon1974, Aug 16, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. How to get rid of old context menus?

I was going to suggest editing teh registry , but....

francis511, Aug 16, 2020
  4. MattCorey Win User

Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu

My search is not functioning

1. Use the shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Esc to open the Task Manager.
    2. If you see only a handful programs listed by it click on the "more details" link.
    3. Locate "Cortana" under background processes.
    4. Right-click on the process and select "end task" from the context menu.
    The Cortana process is reloaded right away by the operating system.

i strongly suggest u to follow step by step fix with pictures on Fix Windows 10 Search Not Working Easily (2020 Guide) | Geek's Advice

MattCorey, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu

1. Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu - Similar Threads - Add Search Right

2. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  3. Right Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Context Menu: Is there a way to edit it? Mine has things I don't need. Also, is there a way to add things too? And if can't edit. just rearrange the order of the actions. Win10 Pro submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments]...
  4. Right Click Context menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Context menu.: How can I change the size of the right click context menu? And can somebody tell me why the context menu changes its size automatically. Right now its showing like thispicture attached, earlier the width was less. [IMG]...
  5. Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu: I am requesting help modifying an eight-forums tutorial registry hack. The tutorial has not been updated for Win10 but works nonetheless. The Tutorial involves adding Search to the context menu of folders, drives, desktop background, This PC, as well as cabinet and...
  6. Add Google Search Option to the Right-Click context Menu

Add Google Search Option to the Right-Click context Menu: hi i want add Google Search Right-Click context Menu I tried to apply the explanation here Add Google Search Option to the Right-Click context Menu Win. Explorer , to no avail I want to search file name via Google [img] @dalchina - - - Updated - - - [img] [img]...
  7. Add Google Search Option to the Right-Click context Menu Win. Explorer

Add Google Search Option to the Right-Click context Menu Win. Explorer: How to Add Google Search Option to the Right-Click context Menu in windows Explorer. I didn't find anything online. Example, right click on mp3 file, click google search option to launch a web search about the mp3 song. Did Anyone know a way to do it ? 151687
  8. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  9. Add feature to right click context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Add feature to right click context menu: I wonder if this has been done or available with some kind of tweak. You right click a file, but missing from the options is a prompt to Browse To a Folder to move or copy that file to. It would be easier than opening a second window and dragging files. 122619
  10. Add feaure to right click context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Add feaure to right click context menu: I wonder if this has been done or available with some kind of tweak. You right click a file, but missing from the options is a prompt to Browse To a Folder to move or copy that file to. It would be easier than opening a second window and dragging files. 122619