Windows 10: Add 'SELF' user account from Properties, Security

Discus and support Add 'SELF' user account from Properties, Security in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How can I Add SELF dummy user account from Properties, Security tab? I tried "NT Authority\SELF" or "SELF" but won't accept it... I've read it can be... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by hexaae, Jul 2, 2017.

1. hexaae Win User

Add 'SELF' user account from Properties, Security

How can I Add SELF dummy user account from Properties, Security tab?
    I tried "NT Authority\SELF" or "SELF" but won't accept it...
    I've read it can be done from PowerShell, but there's no way to do this by Windows Explorer GUI?

E.g.:

Add 'SELF' user account from Properties, Security [​IMG]

:)

hexaae, Jul 2, 2017

2. How to add the group "SELF" to an object so I can assign permissions to it

I need to add the group or account SELF to an object, so that I can assign permissions to it.

When adding an account ......

I click on the Security tab which shows me a list of groups or user names that already have permission to access the object.

I click on the "Add" button, the "Select Users or Groups" dialog appears.

But if I search for SELF, I am unable to find it.

As an example.

Using the above, If I want to add the user "TrustedInstaller" to an object, I would need to enter "NT SERVICE\TrustedInstaller" into the "Enter the object names to select" box, because "TrustedInstaller" can't be found either.

If I want to add "SELF", what would be the syntax ?

JustRayInWisconsin, Jul 2, 2017
  3. icon not vissible

the issue dose not occurs on a new user account. icons are visible in new user account.

Should I add my self as family member to create new user account?

Jaldip Patel, Jul 2, 2017
Thema:

Add 'SELF' user account from Properties, Security

1. Add 'SELF' user account from Properties, Security - Similar Threads - Add 'SELF' user

2. Unable to add user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add user account: I created a new account and made it administrator a year or 2 ago.When that person logs in they cannot create an account.Clicking on "Add Account" does nothing. There are no errors in the event viewer.sfc did not help: no errors reportedIf I log in with my account the add...
  3. Unable to add user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add user account: I created a new account and made it administrator a year or 2 ago.When that person logs in they cannot create an account.Clicking on "Add Account" does nothing. There are no errors in the event viewer.sfc did not help: no errors reportedIf I log in with my account the add...
  4. I cannot add the security tab to folder properties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot add the security tab to folder properties.: Hello everyone I'm having an issue where. I right click on any folder. Go to the Properties tab. And all I see is. Either previous versions or general. There is no security tab. I have tried the multiple ways online. To reactivate this feature. To no avail. I have tried....
  5. I cannot add the security tab to folder properties.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot add the security tab to folder properties.: Hello everyone I'm having an issue where. I right click on any folder. Go to the Properties tab. And all I see is. Either previous versions or general. There is no security tab. I have tried the multiple ways online. To reactivate this feature. To no avail. I have tried....
  6. Delete "Account Unknown" from "System Properties" - "User Profiles"?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete "Account Unknown" from "System Properties" - "User Profiles"?: My "User Profiles" list includes 3 entries labelled "Account Unknown". Looking at the profiles listed in the registry in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList, it seems that the accounts are three accounts with SIDs starting with...
  7. add an admin user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    add an admin user account: how do I add an admin user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-an-admin-user-account/9bcb122b-8bda-426e-991c-72232b8ea4b2
  8. Add local user account to family account

Add local user account to family account: I want to add my son’s local account to Family account. He has already created his Microsoft account on his computer and I want to add it to the Family. I changed my administrative account to the adult account but cannot change his account because I receive a message that...
  9. How to add "SELF" as a group or user when assigning permissions

How to add "SELF" as a group or user when assigning permissions: I'm trying to add "SELF" to the group of "users & groups" that need Launch and Activation Permission for the DCOM app named RuntimeBroker. If I click on the "Add" button, "SELF" is not listed as either a Group or user. So, I'm thinking maybe I need to enter it with a...
  10. Unknown Account in list of users (File Properties/Security)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unknown Account in list of users (File Properties/Security): Only just recently downloaded win10 and everything is fine, however in going to edit the tag information for an audio track I noticed two additional "Groups or user names" in my list which weren't there when I was running win7. The first one is " Account Unknwon...