Windows 10: Add shared printer via IIS server automatically

Discus and support Add shared printer via IIS server automatically in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a server with which I'd like to centralize the management of my printers. I've got some HP printers which doesn't work with printer share or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohnJin_964, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Add shared printer via IIS server automatically

I have a server with which I'd like to centralize the management of my printers.

I've got some HP printers which doesn't work with printer share or deploy printer via printer server. client will print garbage out of Microsoft Office.

I've got IIS and internet printing setup on the server.

I've added the printers via add a printer -> http://computername/printers/printername/.printer and it worked for me.

How do I automate the printer adding operation? cmdlet?

Note: This is different than go to the printer webpage and 'connect', if you check the printer's properties, my method will give you an 'internet port' while the other one is just TCP/IP port.

:)

JohnJin_964, Jun 16, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Can't share printer—getting error message

Ok, I'm going to take this one step further... I moved the printer to my server (thoroughbred) and it will handle the printing from now on. Now I won't have printer drivers on my gaming machine...

I'm a bit worried about sharing it between a 32-bit xp system and a 64-bit 7 system, though

3. newtekie1 Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Add shared printer via IIS server automatically

windows server, add windows shared printer to Print Management

hi

i add windows shared printer ( named A ) to my windows server 2019. the A printer is shown in control panel\deive and printer but is not shown in print servers\printers.

Q: what kind of printer is listed in Print Servers\Printers ?

soheil darvish amiri, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Add shared printer via IIS server automatically

1. Add shared printer via IIS server automatically - Similar Threads - Add shared printer

2. add sharing printer by network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add sharing printer by network: server printer windows 10 client windows 11 oeration could not be completed error 0x00000709please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-sharing-printer-by-network/df62185a-9c78-45b4-b578-d4e127b4aaaf
  3. add sharing printer by network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add sharing printer by network: server printer windows 10 client windows 11 oeration could not be completed error 0x00000709please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-sharing-printer-by-network/df62185a-9c78-45b4-b578-d4e127b4aaaf
  4. printer not add in sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer not add in sharing: hello windows 11 up to date but printer not add in sharing windows 11 version 22H2os build 22621.819error 0x00000709 and 0x00000040 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-add-in-sharing/9b2b1c2a-9d52-4aa5-9129-c30ea1b5c506
  5. printer not add in sharing

printer not add in sharing: hello windows 11 up to date but printer not add in sharing windows 11 version 22H2os build 22621.819error 0x00000709 and 0x00000040 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-not-add-in-sharing/9b2b1c2a-9d52-4aa5-9129-c30ea1b5c506
  6. unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016: the request to add or remove features on the specified server failed.installation of one or more roles ,role services or features failed.the parameter is incorrect .error:0x80070057...
  7. unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016

unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016: the request to add or remove features on the specified server failed.installation of one or more roles ,role services or features failed.the parameter is incorrect .error:0x80070057...
  8. unable to add IIS roles on Windows server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Connections to printers shared via print server issue again in update KB5009543

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connections to printers shared via print server issue again in update KB5009543: Connections to printers shared via print server issue again in update KB5009543 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connections-to-printers-shared-via-print-server/f0c68737-a6eb-4ae0-9766-3c982bb9a4e4
  10. windows server, add windows shared printer to Print Management

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows server, add windows shared printer to Print Management: hi i add windows shared printer ( named A ) to my windows server 2019. the A printer is shown in control panel\deive and printer but is not shown in print servers\printers. Q: what kind of printer is listed in Print Servers\Printers ?...