Windows 10: Add shortcut to taskbar that includes parameters, I want to start a particular Access...

Discus and support Add shortcut to taskbar that includes parameters, I want to start a particular Access... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HiI have had this working in the past & just cannot remember how I did it, I know it was quite easy & just a fairly simple process with only a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gregory Reed, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Add shortcut to taskbar that includes parameters, I want to start a particular Access...

HiI have had this working in the past & just cannot remember how I did it, I know it was quite easy & just a fairly simple process with only a few steps.Just upgrade my MB and had to reinstall windows.The shortcut I have on the desktop is .."C:\Users\JohnDoe\Documents\Access Kennels\Bookings.accde" /runtimeIf I drag that to the taskbar it just adds generic Access, does not run the "Bookings", just open the Access.I know before I did not do any registry stuff or even scripting or anything too complicated.Fairly sure the /runtime just worked when I did manage to get it working.I think it

:)

Gregory Reed, Jun 3, 2023

2. Parameters not working on items pinned to taskbar

I have several parameters I use on my google chrome shortcut to fix the DPI shown below.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" /high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1.05

When I apply these parameters to my google chrome taskbar shortcut, the parameters are ignored. It only works if I start chrome from double clicking on the shortcut in the ...\User Pinned\TaskBar directory itself.

I've applied the parameters to the chrome shortcut in this location - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar

I've done a log off\restart after doing this with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

bobsagetfullhou, Jun 3, 2023
  3. Edwin Win User
    Parameters not working on items pinned to taskbar

You must change the Target in Properties of the Taskbar icon itself...

Add shortcut to taskbar that includes parameters, I want to start a particular Access... 192690d1529274792t-parameters-not-working-items-pinned-taskbar-000824.png

then it becomes an Implicit App Shortcut, with the correct parameters at C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\ImplicitAppShortcuts\somefolder...

Add shortcut to taskbar that includes parameters, I want to start a particular Access... 192691d1529274939t-parameters-not-working-items-pinned-taskbar-000822.png

Edwin, Jun 3, 2023
  4. pt007786 Win User

Add shortcut to taskbar that includes parameters, I want to start a particular Access...

Shortcut won't add to right side (with parameters)!

Hi

I've found that I can't add a shortcut to the area on the right of the Start menu, designed for adding apps, if it has parameters. e.g. "...\xxxxx.exe" /p

I need to add a parameter for this app to run correctly. I added the parameter to the shortcut in the usual way by opening the shortcut properties and editing the Target address.

When I open the shortcut, the app opens using the parameters. I can also pin the app to the task bar and it opens correctly. However when I choose to pin to the Start, nothing happens. There is no error message, but nothing appears in the start menu. I can add the shortcut to the start menu without the parameter and that works. But no way to put a shortcut with a parameter on the start menu.

Can anyone suggest a workaround? If not I'll keep it on my task bar.

pt007786, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

Add shortcut to taskbar that includes parameters, I want to start a particular Access...

1. Add shortcut to taskbar that includes parameters, I want to start a particular Access... - Similar Threads - Add shortcut taskbar

2. Add shortcut to taskbar that includes parameters, I want to start a particular Access...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add shortcut to taskbar that includes parameters, I want to start a particular Access...: HiI have had this working in the past & just cannot remember how I did it, I know it was quite easy & just a fairly simple process with only a few steps.Just upgrade my MB and had to reinstall windows.The shortcut I have on the desktop is .."C:\Users\JohnDoe\Documents\Access...
  3. Add shortcut to taskbar that includes parameters, I want to start a particular Access...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add shortcut to taskbar that includes parameters, I want to start a particular Access...: HiI have had this working in the past & just cannot remember how I did it, I know it was quite easy & just a fairly simple process with only a few steps.Just upgrade my MB and had to reinstall windows.The shortcut I have on the desktop is .."C:\Users\JohnDoe\Documents\Access...
  4. How do I add parameters to a Microsoft Edge shortcut to open Microsoft Edge on account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I add parameters to a Microsoft Edge shortcut to open Microsoft Edge on account...: Basically, I have already searched through multiple search engines, Stack overflow, etc., although I can't find a way to make a Windows 10 shortcut for Microsoft Edge with parameters to make it open the account chooser prompt for a Microsoft Edge account. Please tell me if...
  5. Nothing is working in the taskbar, including Start, Search, Battery, Internet Access, Sound...

Nothing is working in the taskbar, including Start, Search, Battery, Internet Access, Sound...: So after a while I updated my pc, I noticed Start and Search aren't working. I click on them and nothing happens. Then I check other icons and tey also don't work. don't know what's wrong. Can someone help me please?...
  6. How to add website shortcut to taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to add website shortcut to taskbar ?: Windows 10 Home submitted by /u/AK_00l [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l1dupa/how_to_add_website_shortcut_to_taskbar/
  7. How to add shortcut into start?

How to add shortcut into start?: When I right click shortcut, "click Pin to Start" is not available for selection. I would like to know on how to add shortcut into start under window 10. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  8. Can't add shortcuts to start menu

Can't add shortcuts to start menu: I can't pin shortcuts to start menu , i tried drag and drop , but it won't let me. I also don't have a "Start Menu' tab in taskbar properties. [img] [img] 10986
  9. Shortcut won't add to right side (with parameters)!

Shortcut won't add to right side (with parameters)!: Hi I've found that I can't add a shortcut to the area on the right of the Start menu, designed for adding apps, if it has parameters. e.g. "...\xxxxx.exe" /p I need to add a parameter for this app to run correctly. I added the parameter to the shortcut in the usual way...
  10. shortcuts don't work on start or taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    shortcuts don't work on start or taskbar: Just installed Windows 10 - totally successful BUT: no shortcuts/links work in start menu, desktop or taskbar except for links to modern UI apps. Even weirder - shortcuts work if palced in saem directory as the target file/exe but not if then moved elsewhere, like desktop....