Windows 10: add 'size on disk' to sorting options

Discus and support add 'size on disk' to sorting options in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I recently had to format my windows drive because I ran into several issues.I had some unfinished downloads that I want to recuperate.The problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LissandroSantos, Jan 20, 2022.

1. add 'size on disk' to sorting options

Hi, I recently had to format my windows drive because I ran into several issues.I had some unfinished downloads that I want to recuperate.The problem is now all files in my 'downloads' folder have the same 'create in'/'modified in' dates so its hard to figure out the ones that haven't been fully finished. I'm finding the unfinished ones by looking into their 'size on disk' attributes. Most of the finished have around the same 'size' and 'size on disk', whereas the unfinished ones have a smaller 'size on disk'.However the only way I can do that is by individually opening proprieties of each fil

:)

LissandroSantos, Jan 20, 2022

2. How to sort photos in Windows essentials photo gallery.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to sort your pictures in the way you want them. Kindly take note that the only options to sort your photos in Photo Gallery are the following:

• Date taken
    • Date modified
    • File size
    • Image size
    • Rating
    • Caption
    • File name
    Also I suggest follow the below steps.

Press ALT + W + K, one after other & check if the photos are shown in the order they were taken.

I hope this helps.

Thanks & regards.

Mohammed Ali.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 20, 2022
  3. LeGoo Win User
    Sorting files and folders by size

I tried to sort my SD card by size, and it made absolutely no sense. it reallocated all the files (not in a folder ) at the top, and the folder arrangements were not in size order, the first folder on the list were 6.62MB and the last were 632MB, but there
    are folders with 15GB of content in between. if anyone knows anything about sorting out my view, please help me out here.

LeGoo, Jan 20, 2022
  4. add 'size on disk' to sorting options

Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue add 'size on disk' to sorting options :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

add 'size on disk' to sorting options

1. add 'size on disk' to sorting options - Similar Threads - add 'size disk'

2. Please add taskbar size options to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please add taskbar size options to windows 11: Changing the size of the taskbar adds more customizable options for the Windows 11 taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-add-taskbar-size-options-to-windows-11/f82d5184-2d90-4966-8032-42c3778afcfd
  3. Please add taskbar size options to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please add taskbar size options to windows 11: Changing the size of the taskbar adds more customizable options for the Windows 11 taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-add-taskbar-size-options-to-windows-11/f82d5184-2d90-4966-8032-42c3778afcfd
  4. add 'size on disk' to sorting options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add 'size on disk' to sorting options: Hi, I recently had to format my windows drive because I ran into several issues.I had some unfinished downloads that I want to recuperate.The problem is now all files in my 'downloads' folder have the same 'create in'/'modified in' dates so its hard to figure out the ones...
  5. File sizes and disk space don't add up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sizes and disk space don't add up: I have a 1TB disk "TheFdrive". Properties report it as 929GB capacity, 855GB used, 73.2GB free.But individually the various folders add up to less than half that.I've emptied the recycling bin, done disk cleanup, including system files, it says it doesn't need defragging. I...
  6. Size and Size on disk

Size and Size on disk: Hi this is what I see on Pictures property folder: [ATTACH] How come? could it be that 75GB take only 2.2GB on disk or is it the other way around?... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/size-and-size-on-disk/04a4374b-f0b9-4eac-b4b6-3b68373c3330
  7. i want to add a genre heading for my music as a sorting option

i want to add a genre heading for my music as a sorting option: I've noticed in windows explorer I can add folder columns with headers such as Genre but in no way can I add any information into those additional columns such as artist, genre, albums... Why can I add the column but not edit the header... silly.. Best option ive heard so far...
  8. How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to permanently add another Sort option to the context menu?: I am sick of Windows forgetting my sort option. I want to sort files in certain folders by "Date last modified" (but NOT all folders of the same type - example: Pictures). Having to go to "More..." to enable/show my preferred option EACH time (or using the ribbon -> View ->...
  9. No sorting options?

No sorting options?: Hey, I recently updated to the insider build 1903 and I'm unable to sort files in a folder. Whenever I click on the Sort By tab, the only options are Ascending, Decending, and Choose Columns. Any help?[ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 add a printer no sort option

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 add a printer no sort option: Hello, I work for a large public-sector agency in a very extensive enterprise environment. When I go to assign a printer and look for actively advertised printers there are literally hundreds of them, listed in no discernable order. To make matters more complicated I am...