Windows 10: Add specific folders to Navigation Pane

Discus and support Add specific folders to Navigation Pane in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Win10 Home x64 build 18363.836 Hello! With a lot of help from you all and many tutorials, I got my new Win10 system up and running, and set (for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zoloft, May 26, 2020.

1. Zoloft Win User

Add specific folders to Navigation Pane

Win10 Home x64 build 18363.836

Hello!

With a lot of help from you all and many tutorials, I got my new Win10 system up and running, and set (for the most part) the way I like it. A few things I have not been able to find tutorials on (I'm sure they exist, I just haven't found them!), I will ask one at a time!

First, there are two specific folders I'd like to add to my navigation pane. I cannot find a tutorial for doing this. In seven, it was a piece of cake, drag it over, and *bam* it's there. . .that doesn't seem to work in 10...

can this be done?

Thanks for reading!

Your friendly neighborhood

:)

Zoloft, May 26, 2020

2. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Hello Brink and thank you. This website is a very helpful resource. Add specific folders to Navigation Pane :)

Your suggested answer will hide the User Profile folder in the Navigation Pane.

Instead, this scenario involves not hiding the User Profile folder but hiding specific Personal Folders in the Navigation Pane that are marked "Hidden" in the Files/Folders Listing Area.

My suspicion is that there are more "PinToNamespace" registry entries for me to toggle the DWORD value.

TechGuy737, May 26, 2020
  3. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. Add specific folders to Navigation Pane :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, May 26, 2020
  4. Add specific folders to Navigation Pane

Not able to open sub-folders from navigation pane in File explorer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Under which drive are you not able to view the sub folders?
    • Are you not able to expand the options from navigation pane of the File explorer?

This seems to be a temporary issue. Sometimes disabling and enabling some of the options will fix the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open File explorer by pressing Windows key + E keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on View tab located at the top of the window.
    • Click on Navigation pane and uncheck Navigation pane option.
    • Close the window, follow the above steps from a to
      c
      , only this time check the option Navigation pane and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Add specific folders to Navigation Pane

1. Add specific folders to Navigation Pane - Similar Threads - Add specific folders

2. Folders missing from Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders missing from Navigation Pane: Desktop and Download folders missing from Navigation Pane. Also There is 2 Libraries Folders in navigation pane.OS : Windows 11 Home Insider Preview, Build 25140rs...
  3. Save As Navigation Pane with blank folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save As Navigation Pane with blank folders: Save As dialog boxes show many blank folders. I believe this was from iCloud Photos creating numerous instances. What registry values will I need to edit/remove to clean this up? Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  4. add windows app to navigation pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    add windows app to navigation pane: Hello, for the last couple of years I’ve been able to plug in a document photo scanner Ipevo Ziggi HD Plus into my usb port and the windows 10 camera app would come up in the navigation pane in file explorer. For some reason now when I plug in the document photo scanner the...
  5. Opening a folder adds shortcut under This PC in the navigation pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening a folder adds shortcut under This PC in the navigation pane: When I open a folder in the Windows Explorer, despite having the "Expand to current folder" option ticked off, the navigation panel will add a "Desktop" or "Downloads" shortcut under This PC. In this screenshot, on the left is how it looks like after opening folders and on...
  6. add custom shortcuts to navigation pane

add custom shortcuts to navigation pane: hello is there a way to adding custom files shortcut (not folders shortcut) to navigation pane? for example i want to add a shourtcut from explorer.exe to my navigatin pane.i knew about adding custom folders or control panel items to navigation pane,but my question is about...
  7. Add Recent Folders and/or Links/Favorites to Navigation Pane

Add Recent Folders and/or Links/Favorites to Navigation Pane: I hope I'm not duplicating known information here. I've seen adding shortcuts for these folders to Quick Access, but not rooted in the Navigation Pane. Here is what I've got now: [img] Critical info regarding display in Navigation Pane was found here:...
  8. add google drive to navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    add google drive to navigation pane: how to add google drive to navigation pane 55775
  9. "Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    "Documents" folder multiplying in navigation pane: I have this problem on my fresh Windows 10 Pro x64 installtion where the documents folder keep multiplying in the file explorer navigation pane, it sometimes appears when I'm using the file explorer or leave it open in the background for a while. The system folders...
  10. Add or Remove User Folder from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove User Folder from Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove User Folder from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove User Folder in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 A user profile is a collection of settings that make the computer look and work the way you want it to for a user...