Windows 10: Add start-like folder in taskbar

Discus and support Add start-like folder in taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there an option to add a folder to taskbar that would behave like a start menu, meaning that it will popup and show apps/shortcuts/files from that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Timmah88, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Timmah88 Win User

Add start-like folder in taskbar

Is there an option to add a folder to taskbar that would behave like a start menu, meaning that it will popup and show apps/shortcuts/files from that folder?

I'd really like to have this in order to reduce the cluster from my desktop.

:)

Timmah88, Oct 1, 2020

2. Taskbar Folders

Hi all, I have around 3 dozen apps on my taskbar, and there is not enough space for them to all fit on one line, so I get an ugly scroll bar to switch between the 2 lines. I figure that if there could be folders on the taskbar, I could get to my apps more
    easily than scrolling through lines. I'd imagine that they would be like folders in the start menu, and when you hover over them, it would act as if it was a window and pop out of the taskbar, thus revealing the contents of the folders. Just a suggestion,
    any advice on how to organise my taskbar would be nice, thanks!

seventeen31, Oct 1, 2020
  3. How how do you always display text for start menu folders?

Hi,

Start Menu is one of the feature enhanced in Windows 10. You can customize Start Menu by following these steps:

• Open Settings.
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Click Start.
    These are the options that you can see under Start:

• With the Show more tiles, you can expand tile column.
    • Turning on Occasionally show suggestions in Start will show suggestions in Windows 10.
    • Show most used apps will show most used apps list on Start Menu.
    • Enabling Show recently added apps will display the program you installed last.
    • You can also view Start Menu in full screen by enabling Use Start full screen.
    • Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar
      will show your recently opened items.
    • To choose what apps or folders you like to appear on you Start Menu, you can click
      Choose which folders appear on Start.
    Note: You can also resize the Start Menu by simply dragging the top or the right edge of the Start Menu.

Let us know how it goes.

Antoneth Ber, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the taskbar Jump Lists issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Does the issue also occur on other pinned apps/files?

In the meantime, we suggest to turn off/on Jump Lists in Settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Start.
    • Turn Off then turn On Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Add start-like folder in taskbar - Similar Threads - Add start folder

2. add start icon to taskbar in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add start icon to taskbar in windows 10: add Microsoft logo to taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-start-icon-to-taskbar-in-windows-10/76bd0cfd-917c-4d16-848a-0ecc585baf20
  3. add start icon to taskbar in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    add start icon to taskbar in windows 10: add Microsoft logo to taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-start-icon-to-taskbar-in-windows-10/76bd0cfd-917c-4d16-848a-0ecc585baf20
  4. add start icon to taskbar in windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders: New computer, first time using Windows 11 Pro. I want to know how to add apps from the Start Menu to folders on the desktop. Example: I've downloaded several games and photo editing programs. I don't want to scroll through all apps in the Start Menu to find them. I want to...
  6. Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Start Menu apps to desktop folders: New computer, first time using Windows 11 Pro. I want to know how to add apps from the Start Menu to folders on the desktop. Example: I've downloaded several games and photo editing programs. I don't want to scroll through all apps in the Start Menu to find them. I want to...
  7. Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to add a folder to the start menu tiles?: I want to add my Screenshots folder to the "productivity" section of the start menu. Like this: https://i.imgur.com/JOHh91y.jpg It doesn't let me add it anywhere in the start menu though. I've googled around and still don't know if windows allows you to do that. Does...
  8. Add system folder like Documents, Pictures, Music, etc?

Add system folder like Documents, Pictures, Music, etc?: Hello! I started making games in Unity and I want to create a system folder called "Games". I created one in my "C:/Users/(myname)/" folder, and found out how to change the icon (here's a pic). Kind of obsessive, I know, but is there any way to make it have a folder as part...
  9. Taskbar-like widget?

Taskbar-like widget?: Anyone knows if there’s a way to add a second taskbar or a pop up widget to store desktop icons? Like when you unlock the taskbar and it slides away when you don’t need it, something like that. submitted by /u/Chekhof_AP [link] [comments]...
  10. Add or Remove Folders on Start List in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Folders on Start List in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Folders on Start List in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Folders on Start List in Windows 10 The Start menu in Windows 10 has a Start list that you can customize which folders appear in the list. You can add or remove the File Explorer, Settings,...