Windows 10: Add tasks with run as admin to context menu

Discus and support Add tasks with run as admin to context menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; One thing I hate about Windows 10/Server 2016/2019 is how everything is more clicks. One such case is running things as administrator. Rightclicking on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tkaya, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Tkaya Win User

Add tasks with run as admin to context menu

One thing I hate about Windows 10/Server 2016/2019 is how everything is more clicks. One such case is running things as administrator. Rightclicking on icons has a more flyout hiding the run as admin.

But then I found a guide with a screenshot showing they have a "tasks" in the context menu with the run as admin right in there.

How do I enable this?

Guide in question is this one How to setup RDS Gateway as a replacement for ‘Access Anywhere’ or 'Remote Web Workplace'

And screenshot attached.

:)

Tkaya, Mar 22, 2020

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Add tasks with run as admin to context menu :(

ArmoredCavalry, Mar 22, 2020
  3. command prompt(admin) and comman prompt,and control panel are missing in the context menu

in the context menu when right clicking start comman prompt and command prompt (admin) and control panel are missing in the list how to get it back?

HectorEdenburg, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

Thema:

1. Add tasks with run as admin to context menu - Similar Threads - Add tasks run

2. Shortcut 'Run as Admin' setting not working, context menu 'Run as Admin' option works

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shortcut 'Run as Admin' setting not working, context menu 'Run as Admin' option works: I have a .exe that will only run using the 'Run as Admin' option in the context menu. This is true for either the .exe itself or the shortcut to it. In the properties for the short cut, I've given it the 'Run as Admin' permissions, running it will provide the same dialogue...
  3. Shortcut 'Run as Admin' setting not working, context menu 'Run as Admin' option works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut 'Run as Admin' setting not working, context menu 'Run as Admin' option works: I have a .exe that will only run using the 'Run as Admin' option in the context menu. This is true for either the .exe itself or the shortcut to it. In the properties for the short cut, I've given it the 'Run as Admin' permissions, running it will provide the same dialogue...
  4. Shortcut 'Run as Admin' setting not working, context menu 'Run as Admin' option works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add "Run As TrustedInstaller" to the Context Menu for exes: I have NSudo installed and have already replaced the task manager in my task bar with a command that runs it as System but with TITrustedInstaller privileges. The question I have is how do I do what I have in the subject using regedit myself, rather than using a third-party...
  6. Add Run item to the Sandbox Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Add Run item to the Sandbox Context Menu in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows offers the Sandbox feature, which is perfect for testing out applications you don’t trust. However, testing them with Sandbox is not straight forward. You […] This article Add Run item to the Sandbox Context Menu in Windows 10 first appeared on...
  7. Add Task View to Context Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Task View to Context Menu?: How do I add the Task View functionality to my context menu. 106988
  8. Add Task View Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Task View Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Task View Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Task View Context Menu in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new feature called switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops. Create custom additional desktops to group apps for productivity,...
  9. Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows shares processor resources between all running processes based upon their priority level. If a process (application) has a...
  10. Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Run as administrator' Context Menu in Windows 10 Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their functions or tasks. For...