Windows 10: Add tasks with run as admin to context menu

Discus and support Add tasks with run as admin to context menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; One thing I hate about Windows 10/Server 2016/2019 is how everything is more clicks. One such case is running things as administrator. Rightclicking on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tkaya, Mar 22, 2020 at 7:27 PM.

1. Tkaya Win User

Add tasks with run as admin to context menu

One thing I hate about Windows 10/Server 2016/2019 is how everything is more clicks. One such case is running things as administrator. Rightclicking on icons has a more flyout hiding the run as admin.

But then I found a guide with a screenshot showing they have a "tasks" in the context menu with the run as admin right in there.

How do I enable this?

Guide in question is this one How to setup RDS Gateway as a replacement for ‘Access Anywhere’ or 'Remote Web Workplace'

And screenshot attached.

:)

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Add tasks with run as admin to context menu :(

ArmoredCavalry, Mar 22, 2020 at 7:45 PM
  3. command prompt(admin) and comman prompt,and control panel are missing in the context menu

in the context menu when right clicking start comman prompt and command prompt (admin) and control panel are missing in the list how to get it back?

HectorEdenburg, Mar 22, 2020 at 7:45 PM
  4. Bree Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

Thema:

1. Add tasks with run as admin to context menu - Similar Threads - Add tasks run

2. how to add seperator to context menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to add seperator to context menu?: Hi, im modifying some of the context menu items in personalize (classic) how do you add a seperator in the context menu? 112699
  3. Add Task View to Context Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add Task View to Context Menu?: How do I add the Task View functionality to my context menu. 106988
  4. How to Add "Run as administrator" to Context Menu of MSI Files in W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Add "Run as administrator" to Context Menu of MSI Files in W10: Run as administrator - Add to MSI File Context Menu - Windows 7 Help Forums Is this still applicable for windows 10? I have not yet attempted to do this. In my Downloads folder there are right click options to Install / Repair / Uninstall the LibreOffice installation...
  5. Add Task View Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Task View Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Task View Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Task View Context Menu in Windows 10 Windows 10 introduces a new feature called switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops. Create custom additional desktops to group apps for productivity,...
  6. Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run with priority' Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows shares processor resources between all running processes based upon their priority level. If a process (application) has a...
  7. Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Run as administrator Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Run as administrator' Context Menu in Windows 10 Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their functions or tasks. For...
  8. Add Kill All Not Responding Tasks Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Kill All Not Responding Tasks Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Kill All Not Responding Tasks Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Kill All Not Responding Tasks Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Kill all not responding tasks desktop context menu item will allow users to be able to quickly kill any "not...
  9. Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Run as administrator - Add to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run as administrator' to PS1 File Context Menu in Windows 10 Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their functions or tasks. For...
  10. Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10: How to: Add Run as administrator to Context Menu of VBS Files in Windows 10 How to Add 'Run as administrator' to VBS File Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information Some legitimate applications require a full administrator access token (elevated) to perform their...