Windows 10: Add to favorites button is grayed out in Photos app

Discus and support Add to favorites button is grayed out in Photos app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you are trying to mark a photo as a favorite, but notice that the Add to favorites button is grayed out in the Photos […] This article Add... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 7, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Add to favorites button is grayed out in Photos app

WinClub, Sep 7, 2020
  2. TF_950 Win User

Photos app - mass removal of photo from Favorites folder

Photos app allows me to remove only one photo at a time from its Favorites, by selecting it and then choosing Remove from Favorites. If I select multiple photos, even just two, and then click Remove from Favorites, no photos at all are removed from Favorites.
    I have many hundreds of photos in my Favorites due to a wedding photographer, and I not want to use the Favorites folder at all.

Also: I am puzzled that Photos never comes up in Microsoft support as a category for getting help on. It is not listed in All Products, and I equally do not know how to categorize my question on this board. It is a Microsoft Store app....

TF_950, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Arnie Est Win User
    favorite picture in wp10

Hi,

It is easy to add a picture to favorites on your Windows 10 Mobile. You can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to the Photos app.
    • Mark your favorite photos by selecting the heart icon on any photo.
    • To see all your favorites, go to Albums>
      Favorites.

To see a rotating display of your favorite photos on the Photos tile on home screen, open the
    Photos app > See more (...)
    > Settings, and under
    Tile, select
    Favorites.

Please don't hesitate to post back if you need further assistance.

Arnie Est, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Darshan J Win User

Unable to Save Favorites in Maps app

Hi Ali,

To assist you better help us with the information below.

Computer

• What is the make and model of your Computer?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your computer?
    • Which Windows 10 build is installed on the computer?
    • What happens when you try to save the favorites?
    • Do you get any error message or code?

At first you have to sign in using a Microsoft account, if you have not logged the saved favorite’s will be not be visible next time when you open Map app.Also make sure Date, Time and Region are
    set correctly.

Suggest you to follow below steps to save your favorite location on you Maps app on your computer.

• Open Map App, Search for the location.
    • On the left pane Click on the Star Icon to save your favorite place.

If you are still unable to save favorites on your computer follow the below methods.

Method 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issues still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: Update Windows Store Apps and games.

Checking for updates for apps and games from the Windows Store

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/...updates-for-apps-and-games-from-windows-store

Mobile

Provide the information below to help you better.

• What is the make and model of your mobile?
    • What happens when you try to save the favorites?
    • Do you get any error message or code?
    • Make sure Date, Time and Region are set correctly, try to restart your phone and check if will be able to Save the Favorite location.
    • Also check if there are any update available for this from Store>Menu>Downloads and updates>Check for updates.
    Suggest you to follow below steps to save your favorite location on you Maps app on your computer.

• Open Map App, Search for the location.
    • On the left pane Click on the Star Icon to save your favorite place.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Add to favorites button is grayed out in Photos app - Similar Threads - Add favorites button

2. Add User or Group button is grayed out in User Rights Assignment

in Windows 10 News
    Add User or Group button is grayed out in User Rights Assignment: [ATTACH]In the scenario where users cannot be added on a Windows Server because the Add User or Group button is grayed out in User Rights Assignment in Domain Controller Local Security Policy settings, this post offers suitable solutions to resolve this issue. You are likely...
  3. Power button grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power button grayed out: Power icon grayed out in turn system icon ..tried task manager windows explorer restart didn't help, went to device manager disabled Microsoft AC Adaptor then enabled disabled Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery restated laptop in safe mode no use, from command...
  4. How to add Favorites to Photos app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Favorites to Photos app in Windows 10: [ATTACH]This post will show you how to add Favorites in the Photos app in Windows 10. Microsoft has added a new option to mark any […] This article How to add Favorites to Photos app in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Ideas button grayed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ideas button grayed out: hi< i have downloaded the free trial for office 365, that will then get purchased after the months period. i intially did not find the ideas button, so i got it from the options and added it. i then tried applying it it just doesn;t work and is grayed out. also the...
  6. Delete button grayed out in People app

Delete button grayed out in People app: I am trying to delete a contact in People app on Windows 10 but when i right click the word “delete” is greyed out so how do i delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-button-grayed-out-in-people-app/2796f9bc-a625-471a-9706-bc452ba715d6
  7. maximize button grayed out

maximize button grayed out: I open a link within 1 application. The link opens but the scroll up/down and left right are not available; the resizing of the edges are not available and the maximize is grayed out. Windows 10 IE 11 Only happens with this one application/web page. Works fine on my...
  8. Shortcut to add/remove photos from favorites in Photos app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut to add/remove photos from favorites in Photos app.: Hello, I've been using the photos app to pick photos since I don't want to import 50,000 images in lightroom. My question is if there is a shortcut to add/remove from favourites? Tried F, obviously didn't work. Looked around the web - nothing useful. Cheers, V Petkov...
  9. Allowing "SETTINGS" in EDGE ( currently grayed out ) can not add Favorites

Allowing "SETTINGS" in EDGE ( currently grayed out ) can not add Favorites: I Think the problem is the result of "DEMO RULES" If I'm right about this I probably need a few other questions answered too. I purchased an HP laptop this summer labeled " close out ". Turns out it was also " an administrative DEMO " and had a user name which is still...
  10. Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Favorites in Photos app in Windows 10 The Photos app is included in Windows 10 by default. You can use the Photos app to view and edit your photos and videos, make movies, and create albums....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. favorite picture grayed out