Windows 10: Add to many files to family share, non windows devices can no longer see computer

Discus and support Add to many files to family share, non windows devices can no longer see computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I discovered something very interesting with family share that many similar posts of family share not working may actually be related. Not even sure... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Lord-Xanthor II, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Add to many files to family share, non windows devices can no longer see computer

I discovered something very interesting with family share that many similar posts of family share not working may actually be related. Not even sure there is a fix for this other than removing a ton of files like I was forced to do.

This past year family share would work or not work and I narrowed down to when this happens. When family share works, my entire family can connect to my main PC and view pictures, watch movies and TV shows off the DVR, yet if I add to many files, any computer that was not connected to my pc at the time can no longer see it and all android devices can no longer see and connect to my windows 10 build 1903 machine. If I right click the give access to on a folder and remove access, cutting down on amount of files being shared, then all android devices and pcs that could not see my machine, can now see it and connect. It's mind boggling and annoying as I shouldn't have to be constantly having to remove files in order to have family share working.

:)

Lord-Xanthor II, Nov 29, 2020

2. LaCie Introduces File Access and Sharing for Families

Today LaCie announced an all-new network storage solution that connects the entire family to their music, movie and photo files. The LaCie CloudBox stores files in a single location so family members can easily share them with friends, and access them from anywhere on any device.

ONE-PLUG, ONE-CLICK SETUP
    The LaCie CloudBox makes setup worry-free thanks to its two-step set-up process. Simply plug the LaCie CloudBox into a power outlet and connect the Ethernet cable into a router. The LaCie CloudBox does the rest with no software to install. In just a few minutes, the LaCie CloudBox will appear on the user's Mac or PC just like a connected device.

Add to many files to family share, non windows devices can no longer see computer lacie_cloudbox_01_thm.jpg

SHARE WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS
    With the LaCie CloudBox, all files are stored in one place, enabling convenient file access and sharing. The CloudBox includes UPnP capability so Dad can stream Zombie movies to the Xbox 360, iPad, or any network-connected computer and TV.

Sister can use LaCie's MyNAS application to access her brother's dubstep music collection from her college dorm room. Once brother grants her access to the music folder, she can play files directly from her desktop or smart phone.

Mom can share her photo albums with out-of-town family and friends by sharing a secure download link. She doesn't have to worry about privacy or size limitations. All the files are under her full control. Plus, parents can create private folders to keep business and tax files safe from prying eyes.

FILES ARE SAFE AT HOME OR ON THE GO
    The LaCie CloudBox goes beyond the home network. It can automatically back up multiple computers in the home. The included backup software for PC and Mac helps the family ensure all zombie movies, music collections and family photos are backed up should they experience a laptop, phone or tablet crash or loss. And for families that are always out and about, the LaCie CloudBox ensures they can access files from any network-connected smart phone, tablet or laptop. They never have to worry about syncing the latest music download because the files are always accessible.

CLOUDBOX IN ACTION: ONE FAMILY'S STORY
    Even though families live under the same roof, their gadgets and file locations are very different. For one such family, the LaCie CloudBox brings them and their files together in surprising ways -- .

AVAILABILITY
    The LaCie CloudBox, design by Neil Poulton, is available in 1 TB, 2 TB and 3 TB capacities through the LaCie Online Store and LaCie Resellers starting at $119.99.

Cristian_25H, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Andrew518 Win User

Add to many files to family share, non windows devices can no longer see computer

Windows 10 File Sharing

Tried all the steps above and had no luck. It is not really a firewall issue because the program is on the Windows 10 computer and is checking to make sure file sharing is turned on before it scans for folders to share with remote Netgear devices. Once
    it has a list of folders, I choose what to include and it "configures" the remote devices by sending the list of folders to use to the devices on the network. So the hang-up is prior to the software communicating over the network.

Andrew518, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Add to many files to family share, non windows devices can no longer see computer

1. Add to many files to family share, non windows devices can no longer see computer - Similar Threads - Add many files

2. Unable to add family member for sharing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add family member for sharing: Unable to add family member ie: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to my sharing of microsoft 365 and this message appeared when he/she try to join as a member "TraceId: qSTFN73PD0iI9iES.85.154"...
  3. Unable to add family member for sharing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add family member for sharing: Unable to add family member ie: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to my sharing of microsoft 365 and this message appeared when he/she try to join as a member "TraceId: qSTFN73PD0iI9iES.85.154"...
  4. Unable to add family member for sharing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Syncing Windows 10 Computer, Can no longer see/find files on first machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing Windows 10 Computer, Can no longer see/find files on first machine: I recently helped my dad set up a new computer which in turn synced my outlook.com account to his computer which was already in use on my home laptop. When I started up my laptop for the first time after doing this I cannot find any of my files. When I open File Explorer it...
  6. Can See Other Device on Network but not the shared files!

Can See Other Device on Network but not the shared files!: Hi So glad in the last few years there is OneDive so that we haven't had to deal with these stupid Network sharing issues. But today I do need to access a folder on another PC in our network which I don't want to put into OneDrive. I can see the PC, but it only has...
  7. I can no longer see the folders and files on another network computer

I can no longer see the folders and files on another network computer: I have a home network, very basic. My HP pavillion laptop is connected to that network. I have Windows 10 on my laptop with the latest upgrade apparently. The network computer I'm connecting to is running Windows 7. I used to be able to open up Explorer click on "network"...
  8. In File Explorer, can no longer see selected files (not hilighted)

In File Explorer, can no longer see selected files (not hilighted): In File Explorer, when I select a file in the list, it used to hilight so you could tell, but since recently installing Updates (January 2019) you cannot see what files you have selected. This is a problem when copying multiple files since you cannot tell if you have all of...
  9. File sharing - unable to see other computers

File sharing - unable to see other computers: I have only two computers on my home network connected by a switch/router. It used to work fine when it comes to sharing and transferring files. They can usually see each other after turning on sharing for any individual folders or files, though, sometime, it does take a few...
  10. windows 10 can not see other computers and shares on network

windows 10 can not see other computers and shares on network: Hello, i have a problem with my computer. I have Asus RT-AC87U AC2400 Gigabit Wireless router. I have a seagate free agent drive connected to router and shared it with samba/cifs protocol. My computer is connected to router trought cable over one switch. Problem is that i...