Windows 10: Add UEFI boot to windows

Discus and support Add UEFI boot to windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I installed windows while I was on legacy mode, (I didn't realize that I couldn't turn on bitlocker from legacy mode) I now want to turn on bitlocker,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GaviSc, Jan 21, 2019.

1. GaviSc Win User

Add UEFI boot to windows

I installed windows while I was on legacy mode, (I didn't realize that I couldn't turn on bitlocker from legacy mode) I now want to turn on bitlocker, so I went into the UEFI, and tried to turn off legacy mode, it turned off, but when I tried to boot, it failed, I have tried booting into safe mode, also doesn't work, I put it back and it works again, is their any way I can get UEFI to work to boot into windows without reinstalling windows

:)

GaviSc, Jan 21, 2019

2. Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

As the title says, I'm trying to install Windows on a RAID array in uefi on my Maximus V Formula. When using legacy ROM I can install just fine but I go into CSM and change settings to UEFI only, I can build the array in the UEFI Raid driver (IRST tab in "BIOS") but the array does not show up in the boot menu and when I try to install windows (boot from UEFI DVD drive), The drive does not show up in the Windows install. The next thing I tried was to enable UEFI and legacy oprom in CSM, boot from UEFI DVD drive and install to the RAID array (probably detected by legacy oprom) and it will install. After first reboot, Windows Boot manager will show up as an option in the BIOS boot menu so I set that as first boot device and reboot. I will get to the starting windows screen and then BSOD (too quick to get codes) The last thing I tried was Changing to legacy mode and installing windows to a different drive. once installed, I initialized the Raid array as GPT and rebooted, changed csm back to UEFI only but they RAID array still doesn't show in the boot device list so I repeated the earlier process hoping that It might work because I had initialized as GPT but it still BSODs on starting windows screen. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

mystiksinner, Jan 21, 2019
  3. FX-GMC Win User
    Trouble installing windows 7 on RAID in UEFI

I think you were on track with your first try. Windows installer probably needs the RAID driver in order to detect it on install.

Add UEFI boot to windows [​IMG]

FX-GMC, Jan 21, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Add UEFI boot to windows

PowerColor Announces Readiness for Windows 8 UEFI Boot

TUL Corporation, a leading manufacturer of AMD graphic cards, pioneers to offer UEFI ready graphics solutions to all gamers. As the industry-leading graphics brand, PowerColor dedicated itself to deliver innovative technology to all gamers. With newly announcement of Microsoft Windows 8, the whole new operating system amazes gamers with fantastic features such as fast boot technology.

To provide complete experience of the latest Windows 8 operating system, PowerColor develops new firmware with UEFI ready which enables fast boot implementation. By utilizing UEFI firmware, the latest Windows 8 systems can boot and resume activity faster than ever. Gamers can experience the speedy boot and resume times with PowerColor UEFI-capable graphics solutions, allows the unsurpassed user experience like never before.

Add UEFI boot to windows 102a_thm.jpg

Add UEFI boot to windows 102b_thm.jpg

Add UEFI boot to windows 102c_thm.jpg

All PowerColor UEFI-capable graphics solutions are listed here.

btarunr, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

Add UEFI boot to windows

1. Add UEFI boot to windows - Similar Threads - Add UEFI boot

2. Windows Will Not Boot UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Will Not Boot UEFI: Windows will not boot URFI. Everywhere it says on search for windows and bios regardless of OS it will boot to bios on firmware init when press the key. Windows is breaking it....
  3. Windows Will Not Boot UEFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Will Not Boot UEFI: Windows will not boot URFI. Everywhere it says on search for windows and bios regardless of OS it will boot to bios on firmware init when press the key. Windows is breaking it....
  4. Windows Will Not Boot UEFI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. UEFI Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UEFI Boot: Following a Windows 10 updateto version 2004 on 18thAugust 2020, my PC goes into a boot loop, I can get out of it by pressing F12 and selecting Windows Boot Manager rather than the default UEFI partition 1 on a Kingston SSD. The PC then boots and runs normally. I would like...
  6. Add UEFI entries to boot menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Add UEFI entries to boot menu: I was wondering if there is any way to add a UEFI option to the bootmgr menu. I am trying to add GRUB to the boot menu; however, since Windows doesn't load anything but Windows in secure boot mode, I can't just load the GRUB file, hence the need to add the UEFI entry. My...
  7. UEFI BOOT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UEFI BOOT: Hi Smart People Dell Inspiron i5-3x Win10 I recently installed Crucial MS500 500MB SSD replacing a HDD after cloning (Acronis software that is provided by Crucial) and it's experiencing Boot issues. When booting normally it brings me to a screen asking me to select my...
  8. UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI with Secure Boot (UEFI version) ?: I want to enable UEFI with Secure Boot and I do have an option to enable Secure Boot. But how can I tell if I am running UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c ? Because to enable Secure Boot, machines must have UEFI firmware version 2.3.1.c I went to System Information, but It...
  9. Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Boot to UEFI Firmware Settings Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) is a standard firmware interface for PCs, designed to replace BIOS...
  10. UEFI booting

in Windows 10 Support
    UEFI booting: I created two UEFI bootable USB drives: USB stick 1.) using windows 10 "create recovery drive" - on a 32GB usb 3.0 drive USB stick 2.) using EASE US backup/restore software - on a 4GB usb 2.0 drive Both sticks appear to be UEFI. When I put them in my windows 10 desktop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adding efi boot to windows