Windows 10: Add UEFI entries to boot menu

Discus and support Add UEFI entries to boot menu in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was wondering if there is any way to add a UEFI option to the bootmgr menu. I am trying to add GRUB to the boot menu; however, since Windows doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Computer semi-expert, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Add UEFI entries to boot menu

I was wondering if there is any way to add a UEFI option to the bootmgr menu. I am trying to add GRUB to the boot menu; however, since Windows doesn't load anything but Windows in secure boot mode, I can't just load the GRUB file, hence the need to add the UEFI entry. My system is a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 6 laptop, Windows 10 Home.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Computer semi-expert, Aug 19, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

UEFI boot -- get rid of loads of OS'es (about 7) on boot menu

Well, Every entry on the multiple boot menu, by deleting an entry from BCD or rebuild the BCD should remove the orphan entries and UEFI firmware should reflect what's in the BCD. If for some reason it doesn't then next step is to download Easy UEFI:
    Manage EFI/UEFI boot options & Manage EFI System Partitions & Fix EFI/UEFI boot issues the easy way!

Run and delete all the entries except Windows Boot Manager. This will update the NVRAM.

topgundcp, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Uplink10 Win User
    Can't disable UEFI boot on HP 250 G3

I got it, I was not accustomed to UEFI (because on HP 4540s I disabled it) and I automatically thought that if I boot from the first menu it will boot in UEFI mode, but I have to go to second menu "Boot From EFI File" to get a list of EFI boot options:

Add UEFI entries to boot menu IMG_1509375.jpg

I installed Ubuntu Mate and Windows 8.1 from the first menu (the picture) and they both installed in BIOS mode. Quite simple really.

Uplink10, Aug 19, 2019
  4. CountMike Win User

Add UEFI entries to boot menu

UEFI Boot Menu

If it finds UEFI partition BIOS should show it as Windows UEFI..... otherwise will just show disk as what it's firmware describes it.

CountMike, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Add UEFI entries to boot menu

1. Add UEFI entries to boot menu - Similar Threads - Add UEFI entries

2. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  3. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UEFI boot entry in BIOS: Dell Inspiron 15 3515 Windows 10.In my Inspiron I have two internal SSDs, one came as standard and is 125 GB and I added my own 500 GB SSD. I cloned the smaller SSD to the larger one and by using BCDBOOT was able to chose which to boot from at startup. Both boot up just fine....
  4. UEFI boot entry in BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled: Need help Can't flash windows when Legacy is disabledMy ultimate aim is to get the hard disk formatted GPT rather than MBR and boot accordingly.The laptop boots from USB as long as "Legacy Support" is enabled in BIOS. When I change this to disabled the laptop won't boot from...
  6. Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled: Need help Can't flash windows when Legacy is disabledMy ultimate aim is to get the hard disk formatted GPT rather than MBR and boot accordingly.The laptop boots from USB as long as "Legacy Support" is enabled in BIOS. When I change this to disabled the laptop won't boot from...
  7. Can't Boot in UEFI, boot menu shows no entries when Legacy is disabled

8. WinRE, add boot menu entry

WinRE, add boot menu entry: 1909 Anyone know how to do it? (The internal drive's WinRE.) 160075
  9. UEFI Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UEFI Boot Menu: I went into my UEFI boot menu yesterday to try to boot to a USB drive and noticed the kanji-looking characters in the screen shot provided. I couldn't use the up/down arrow keys to select a different boot device. The tab key would take me to the "Enter Setup" and "Boot...
  10. How to add WINPE boot entry to UEFI USB Windows installation stick?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to add WINPE boot entry to UEFI USB Windows installation stick?: Howdy all. I have several usb sticks I have made with grub4dos that fills my use, but I miss UEFI options. After what I understand UEFI boot installation stick only boots windows images. I can successfully rename source folders from installation file s to source folder with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows add grub uefi boot entry

2. windows uefi add entries

3. CMOS cleared no UEFI boot options

4. how to remove uefi boot,
  5. does uefi create log entries,
  6. how to add bios boot entries without easy uefi,
  7. adding linux to boot menu with uefi,
  8. add image to efi secure boot,
  9. add entries to efi boot on windows,
  10. how to add entries to windows 10 boot menu