Windows 10: Add URL box for restricted sites in FAmily Safe

Discus and support Add URL box for restricted sites in FAmily Safe in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; There is no longer a box to "Add URL" for restricted sites in Family Safe. It is not displaying. Where can I do this?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by N.Borsell, Sep 29, 2020.

1. N.Borsell Win User

Add URL box for restricted sites in FAmily Safe

There is no longer a box to "Add URL" for restricted sites in Family Safe. It is not displaying. Where can I do this?

:)

N.Borsell, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Okiepal Win User
    Turning off Family Safe Mode in order to change restricted mode on You Tube

You Tube is in restricted mode and I can't change it. I have read to go to fss.live.com and remove myself from the Family site. I can't see how to do this...there are no children listed...I added myself on a different address...and removed it but I can't
    do anything else.

This morning someway, somehow I managed to turn the restricted mode off....but when I used the computer later, it was back on restricted. I am getting so frustrated with this!!! I have watched You Tube videos (on another device because they won't play
    on the computer) and nothing works. I would appreciate any help or suggestions! Thank you!

Okiepal, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Add URL box for restricted sites in FAmily Safe

Family Safety Windows 10 Adult filtering restricts to allowed site list only

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community, we’re here to help you with this issue.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

Are you managing the Family safety settings through the Family safety website or through the control panel?

If you are using the website, what level of web filtering restrictions did you apply?

If the web filtering restriction level is set to ‘Warn on adult’, it will allow all websites but only shows a warning when an adult website is visited. I would suggest you to set the web filtering level to either ‘Online communication’
    or ‘General interest’ or ‘Designed for Children’ filters which will block all adult website. Refer to these steps:

a) Log into the Family safety website (https://familysafety.microsoft.com/ ).

b) Click on the child account and click on ‘Web filtering’ in the left pane.

c) Click on “restriction level’ and choose the appropriate filter.

If you are managing Family safety through control panel, then follow these steps:

a) Press Windows key + F, set the search filter to settings.

b) Type ‘Family safety’ and click on the Family safety tile.

c) Click on the child account and then click on the ‘Set web filtering’.

d) Choose the appropriate filter.

I would also suggest you to follow the steps given under the section
    Set limits on the websites your child can visit of the link given below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-10/set-child-limits

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Add URL box for restricted sites in FAmily Safe

1. Add URL box for restricted sites in FAmily Safe - Similar Threads - Add URL box

2. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  3. Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Restrictions- Not in a family: I am 18 and I keep getting Microsoft family restriction randomly. I am not in a family group nor was I in one in the past with other people. When I first got my surface pro 8 I did create a family group, but I was the only one in it-- I was basically in a "family" but it was...
  4. Family restrictions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family restrictions: How can I turn off the requirement to ask for permission to access certain websites? I am already over 18 and I already removed myself from the family, but when I try to access certain websites it still tells me that I need to ask for permission to access the site....
  5. Microsoft Family bypass URL restriction by clicking link in Teams

Microsoft Family bypass URL restriction by clicking link in Teams: I am blocking YouTube.com through MS Family on my son's Windows 10 laptop, which he is using for remote learning. His class uses MS Teams and he accesses it through MS Edge browser. I have disabled all other browsers since Edge is the only browser that supports site blocking....
  6. blocking site by adding url in blocked url List is not working in Family safty

in Windows 10 Customization
    blocking site by adding url in blocked url List is not working in Family safty: In spite of added websites in Blocked sites/url list, my daughter is still able to browse using chrome. will this option work only on Edge?...
  7. Unable to put restrictions on childs account in the family safe application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to put restrictions on childs account in the family safe application: In the family safe app it says I need to put restrictions on the time my child is on the app by clicking on the name amd some menu is supposed to poo up. Nothing pops up so I cant seem to figure out what im doing wrong....
  8. URL box

in Windows 10 Customization
    URL box: when I click on favourites, in my URL box, my full screen minimizes and my favourites do not appear. Is there a solution? I am using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/url-box/64661687-bb34-4952-96a0-7c016942dc8b
  9. Family Restrictions

Family Restrictions: I connot remove the rule where you need to enter a password to make changes to the device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/6b3830db-904f-46bb-92ae-0d9c4665aaee"
  10. Family restrictions

Family restrictions: how do i remove a family account from microsoft https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-restrictions/afd6c005-d0a7-49d6-a52d-f6106c81c95f"