Windows 10: Add user: user 2 to see everything user 1 sees and uses

Discus and support Add user: user 2 to see everything user 1 sees and uses in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a laptop running on W10 home. I wish to add a second user who sees and uses everything user 1 sees and uses: office, browsers, files, etc. If... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by greener333, May 11, 2019.

1. Add user: user 2 to see everything user 1 sees and uses

I have a laptop running on W10 home. I wish to add a second user who sees and uses everything user 1 sees and uses: office, browsers, files, etc. If I add user 2 as family or administrator, all user 1 files are not accessible or visible to user 2. How do I make it look identical except for user name?

:)

greener333, May 11, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 11, 2019
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Add user: user 2 to see everything user 1 sees and uses 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, May 11, 2019
  4. Add user: user 2 to see everything user 1 sees and uses

Windows 10 can't load the user profile for a new user account

Hi Judy

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. .

I would suggest you to follow the method give below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-10

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Add user: user 2 to see everything user 1 sees and uses

1. Add user: user 2 to see everything user 1 sees and uses - Similar Threads - Add user user

2. How to restrict user not to see other user records?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restrict user not to see other user records?: ................. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restrict-user-not-to-see-other-user-records/11284ad1-c029-4588-9b80-063b4ad1ac31
  3. How to restrict user not to see other user records?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restrict user not to see other user records?: ................. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restrict-user-not-to-see-other-user-records/11284ad1-c029-4588-9b80-063b4ad1ac31
  4. How to restrict user not to see other user records?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  6. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  7. 2 users on 1 account

2 users on 1 account: Hi i dont know how to fix this but i am signed into my microsoft account and there are no other accounts to swap between but when i go to my files, this pc, users there is another account there that i cant get rid of. the account i cant get rid of is called guyv and it is...
  8. Outlook Contacts - User 1, User 2 .... fields - what are they used for

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Contacts - User 1, User 2 .... fields - what are they used for: In Outlook Contacts > Miscellaneous : there are 4 'User fields' (User Field 1, 2, 3 and 4) Curious to know, what are they being used for ? Thanks. 150158
  9. 2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users

in Windows 10 Support
    2 User accounts but 1 has no folder in Users: Created another user account, called Mac, also an admin, in case I need it. In User Accounts when I click on 'manage another account' it then shows 2nd account, Mac. But under C:\Users there is only main Dave folder and Public. Why would there be no folder for Mac? Can't...
  10. Unable to see folder C:\users\all users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to see folder C:\users\all users: Using win10 - 64bit Logged into cmd prompt as admin. Cannot see C:\users\all users with the following cmd's Folder does not show in normal File Explorer window Run TREE cmd and the All Users folder does not show. Run DIR cmd for C:\users and All Users does not show...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. another user on this device uses this account