Windows 10: Add user woes

Discus and support Add user woes in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I wanted to add a limited account for service. I have some cosmetic damage so service will need to verify only system readiness. Well! All the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by hymanwallace, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Add user woes

I wanted to add a limited account for service. I have some cosmetic damage so service will need to verify only system readiness.

Well! All the good-will I've been feeling for Microsoft the past couple years just went pouf.

I managed to get past the attempt to force registering with a Microsoft account but THEN I had to endure what threatened to be an unending number of compulsory security questions.

Really? Really!!!?

And then after seething through that wretched process, the Evil Wizard refused to go forward, offering the absolutely unforgivable excuse "Something went wrong."

*Rolleyes

What was that? An after-school project? Somebody's pre-teen kid want to be a "Developer Developer Developer".

Grrrr. It reminds me again that in Microsoft's view the "My" in "My Computer" is NOT little old me.

Cripey.

:)

hymanwallace, Sep 27, 2018
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Add user woes

Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    Add user woes 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Add user woes

1. Add user woes - Similar Threads - Add user woes

2. Add a User

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a User: On a second PC, I try to add a user MyselF as on other PC. Click on Settings. It shows the user on top left corner immediately - it is myself as I want, and I am an administrator. But what do I do then? Click on the photo does nothing. I can't see an OK.I created a folder for...
  3. Add a User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a User: On a second PC, I try to add a user MyselF as on other PC. Click on Settings. It shows the user on top left corner immediately - it is myself as I want, and I am an administrator. But what do I do then? Click on the photo does nothing. I can't see an OK.I created a folder for...
  4. Upgrade woes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade woes: G'day Currently on 1909 and trying to upgrade to 20H2. I always do clean installs when moving on to a new version of Windows 10 and have thus far never experienced any issues using the DVD method. I earlier began the process of creating a new ISO using the Media Creation...
  5. Bluetooth Woes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Woes: First time posting here so here it goes. For months i've been playing games on my computer with my PS4 controller connected wirelessly. Then I deleted windows and redownloaded so I could partition more space (currently using my Mac as a gaming laptop at the moment) for extra...
  6. Update Woes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Woes: This is just an opinion for discussion, so far I was able to correct things. To Microsoft: Why do you keep updating Windows 10? And why must you set everything on my PC back to defaults? Do you know how long it takes to reset everything back on my PC? And this...
  7. Add users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add users: Hello everyone! I want to add another user to the computer in WINDOWS 10 and when I log in to add a user in the family and other people the window that opens just does not respond appears to me only white background .. Is there a way to reset it? Thank you!...
  8. Add user woes

in Windows 10 Support
    Add user woes: I wanted to add a limited account for service. I have some cosmetic damage so service will need to verify only system readiness. Well! All the good-will I've been feeling for Microsoft the past couple years just went pouf. I managed to get past the attempt to force...
  9. Permissions/users etc. woes

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Permissions/users etc. woes: Hello, Is there a way to stop Windows from trying to keep everything so damned 'secure'? Eliminate the need for permissions and file protection etc? I have a whole host of folders I can't access, or can only access by every time granting admin privileges. The biggest...
  10. WordPad Woes...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WordPad Woes...: Hello. I've been having issues w/ Windows WordPad for quite some time (yrs.), but am just getting around to seeking help for lack of importance. It's important now as I'm using it primarily for cut & paste as church historian. My Issue: all of the text shows on the PC screen...