Windows 10: add windows app to navigation pane

Discus and support add windows app to navigation pane in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, for the last couple of years I’ve been able to plug in a document photo scanner Ipevo Ziggi HD Plus into my usb port and the windows 10 camera... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by toubuz, Sep 25, 2020.

1. toubuz Win User

add windows app to navigation pane

Hello, for the last couple of years I’ve been able to plug in a document photo scanner Ipevo Ziggi HD Plus into my usb port and the windows 10 camera app would come up in the navigation pane in file explorer.

For some reason now when I plug in the document photo scanner the camera app does not appear in the navigation pane. I had up dated my windows 10 OS and divers as well so I’m not sure what triggered the change.

If I click on the camera app icon from the windows icon I can switch between the web cam on my laptop and the document photo scanner no problems at all. Everything works fine.

My issue is that when I am using accounting software I have always been able to click on upload files from the accounting software menu. File Explorer would pop up and then I could click on camera from the navigation pane then take a photo of a document and up load it directly into the accounting program.

My question, is there away I can have the windows camera permanently added to the navigation pane in File Explorer? If so, how do I do this ?

Win 10 OS build 19041.508

camera app. microsoft Corp Version 2020.504.40.0

add windows app to navigation pane 58523ea6-f292-4c88-97e7-4fabe815150f?upload=true.jpg

:)

toubuz, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer

Welcome to TenForums @linuxgarou

One suggestion would be to hover the mouse over the dividing line between the navigation pane and the list of files (it's the right-hand edge of the navigation pane's vertical scroll bar). When the pointer becomes a double-headed arrow you can click-and-drag to make the navigation pane wider.

I have mine set to about twice the width of the one in your screenshot.

Edit: and so apparently does Ztrucker in the following post.

3. AnnC6346 Win User
    Windows 10 Navigation Pane is blank after the new Windows 10 update

Followed the steps. It is checked, navigation pane not there.

AnnC6346, Sep 25, 2020
  4. add windows app to navigation pane

Modify Navigation Pane

Way to not read the original question carefully. Typical of anyone claiming they provide support.

The REAL answer is:

This can only be done via editing the registry. The values are not intuative to find, especially for third-party apps like Dropbox, Adobe Creative Clod, etc. all of which add an entry to the navigation pane without asking.

You can find the registry paths for the build-in entries, like OneDrive here:

[Windows 10 Tip] Remove Icons from Navigation Pane of This PC - AskVG

I'm afraid I do not know the registry path for third party apps, but maybe the above link can get you started.

KlytusLord, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

add windows app to navigation pane

1. add windows app to navigation pane - Similar Threads - add app navigation

2. Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Navigation Pane.: What's going on with this update? I only updated because it forced me to.My OCD can't take this ****.How do I remove this? I can't for some reason revert back to the previous version Also if someone can tell me how to stop updates from occurring ever....
  3. how to add a windows app to the navigation pane in File Explorer ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to add a windows app to the navigation pane in File Explorer ?: Hello, for the last couple of years Ive been able to plug in a document photo scanner ( Ipevo Ziggi HD Plus ) into my usb port and the windows 10 camera app would come up in the navigation pane in file explorer. For some reason now when I plug in the document photo scanner...
  4. Add specific folders to Navigation Pane

Add specific folders to Navigation Pane: Win10 Home x64 build 18363.836 Hello! With a lot of help from you all and many tutorials, I got my new Win10 system up and running, and set (for the most part) the way I like it. A few things I have not been able to find tutorials on (I'm sure they exist, I just haven't...
  5. add custom shortcuts to navigation pane

add custom shortcuts to navigation pane: hello is there a way to adding custom files shortcut (not folders shortcut) to navigation pane? for example i want to add a shourtcut from explorer.exe to my navigatin pane.i knew about adding custom folders or control panel items to navigation pane,but my question is about...
  6. Add Icloud to Windows 10 sidebar / navigation pane

Add Icloud to Windows 10 sidebar / navigation pane: I would like to add Icloud link to my Windows 10 sidebar / navigation pane (not sure what the correct name is) Normally when you install Icloud for Windows it will add Icloud to the "Quick Access" submenu. But i would like to add Icloud to the same level as "Quick Access",...
  7. Add Icloud to Windows 10 sidebar / navigation pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Icloud to Windows 10 sidebar / navigation pane: I would like to add Icloud link to my Windows 10 sidebar / navigation pane (not sure what the correct name is) Normally when you install Icloud for Windows it will add Icloud to the "Quick Access" submenu. But i would like to add Icloud to the same level as "Quick Access",...
  8. add google drive to navigation pane

in Windows 10 Support
    add google drive to navigation pane: how to add google drive to navigation pane 55775
  9. Navigation pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Navigation pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Navigation pane - Add to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add Navigation pane to Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use the navigation pane to browse locations such as Quick access, OneDrive, Libraries, This PC, Network, and Homegroup. You...
  10. Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane in Windows 10 [img] Information This tutorial will show you how to add or remove This PC in the navigation pane of File Explorer for all users in Windows 10. You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to add...