Windows 10: Add Windows PE Setup Language Packs to the Default Boot Image

Discus and support Add Windows PE Setup Language Packs to the Default Boot Image in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Add Multilingual Support to Windows Setup Add Windows PE Setup Language Packs to the Default Boot Image? Thank you 180473 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RuLich, Jun 3, 2021.

1. RuLich Win User

Add Windows PE Setup Language Packs to the Default Boot Image

Add Multilingual Support to Windows Setup Add Windows PE Setup Language Packs to the Default Boot Image? Thank you

:)

RuLich, Jun 3, 2021
  2. RuLich Win User

Add Multilingual Support to Windows Setup
    Add Windows PE Setup Language Packs to the Default Boot Image? Thank you

RuLich, Jun 3, 2021
  3. Default display language pack remains Swedish

Hi Terry,

Thank you for getting back to us. We are sorry that you are still facing the issue.

I suggest you to change the language from Control Panel by following the steps provided below and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Change the View by from Categories
      to Small icons and click on Language.
    • Click on Add Language.
    • Double click on the Language you want to install.
    • Select the language and click on Options.
    • Click on Download and install language pack.
    • After the language pack is downloaded, change the default language and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 3, 2021
  4. hwmartin Win User

Unable to add language pack from Windows 10 ADK/PE add-on to Windows 10 ISO

I'm going to answer my own question because I've figured out the issue.

tl;dr - If you want to customize the Windows 10 installer to be able to install Windows 10 in multiple languages, the Windows 10 ADK/PE add-on is probably not what you want.

Instead, acquire the language pack ISO for your Windows 10 release. The language pack ISO has Microsoft-Windows-Client-LanguagePack files, which are localisations for Windows 10.

The Microsoft-Windows-WinPE-LanguagePack files, which the ADK/PE add-on provides, are language packs for Windows PE. You can use them with the boot.wim file, not with the install.wim file.

Yes, the Windows 10 Enterprise evaluation ISO for 1809 is release 10.0.17763.107. The Enterprise evaluation ISO for 1903 is 10.0.18362.30.

Note that you do have to give "company details" to download the Enterprise evaluation ISO.

The issue preventing me from applying the language packs that ship in the Windows 10 ADK/Windows PE add-on is pretty obvious in hindsight:

The language pack that the Windows PE add-on installs are, as the name above implies, for Windows PE and not for Windows 10 the OS.

If you mount sources\boot.wim from the Installer ISO and try to apply the language packs installed by the Windows ADK/PE add-on, it works:

But try doing that with sources\install.wim and it doesn't work because the installer is not Windows PE.

No, not that I could find. At least not what I would reasonably consider "public"

If you want to apply language packs to the Windows 10 1809 installer, you should use your favourite search engine to look for mu_windows_10_language_pack_version_1809_updated_sept_2018_x86_x64_arm64_dvd_f17c743a.iso. It's ~5.9GB large and contains language packs for the x86, x64, and arm64 builds of Windows 10 (17763.1).

I was not able to find a Microsoft official source for this language pack ISO, however some file sharing sites have it available to download. You should be able to find a copy by searching for the ISO name above (at least, for Windows 10 1809).

The theoretical answer to this question, at least from my research, is no.

However the practical answer is yes. If you can find the above language pack ISO from a third party, you can use the Windows 10 October 2018 Update official ISO from Microsoft to add languages:

I'm not sure what one would do for 1903 or future Windows 10 releases. Determine the name of the language pack ISO and see if you can find a "public" source to download it from ¯_(ツ)_/¯

hwmartin, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

1. Add Windows PE Setup Language Packs to the Default Boot Image - Similar Threads - Add Setup Language

2. Windows adds other language packs by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows adds other language packs by itself: HelloI had this problem with Win 10, now with Win 11. My Windows adds language pack by itself and I do not have any option to remove it. it shows in language bar but not in my setting to be able to remove it. I do not want English Canada but I can't remove it either. I did...
  3. Windows adds other language packs by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows adds other language packs by itself: HelloI had this problem with Win 10, now with Win 11. My Windows adds language pack by itself and I do not have any option to remove it. it shows in language bar but not in my setting to be able to remove it. I do not want English Canada but I can't remove it either. I did...
  4. Language Packs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Packs: Unable to install German on win 11. Two different computers one laptop and one desktop Intel I5 and Intel I7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-packs/4b07fcc2-9ed7-43c2-98ef-2533392b4cf0
  5. Windows PE Driver Packs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows PE Driver Packs.: Can You Please Link Me Windows PE Driver Packs, Yes, There Are Dell Ones, But They Are Bit Dated. Please Send It In .inf File Format. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pe-driver-packs/8378fe68-e589-48c5-83fe-2e0526259192
  6. Inject LXP language packs to Windows 10 image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inject LXP language packs to Windows 10 image: Hi, When I inject LXP language packs to Windows 10 install.wim and start installation with that media OOBE does not allow me to select a language. Does anyone know what is the trigger for OOBE to allow selecting language? I also tested this method without success. Windows...
  7. Add a Language pack in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add a Language pack in Windows: Split from this thread. I have some trouble with the new update too. My window edition is Window 10 pro, in the new update, it makes the connection of Bluetooth headphone becomes really bad it's still ok in the last version even the sound is a little small and another...
  8. Windows Language pack

Windows Language pack: Hy, I bought yesterday from a store a Windows 10 software with romanian language ONLY. My question, is there a language pack for the english language, i mean for the whole system, display language. I'm waiting for your answer, Have a nice day...
  9. How do I add Macdrive to a PE image?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I add Macdrive to a PE image?: I'm trying to make a PE that can read Mac drives as well, so I found Macdrive which does the job, however since it requires a restart to install, I'm not sure how to integrate it into the PE. Thanks in advance. 145715
  10. Window language pack

Window language pack: How to install a language pack in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-language-pack/8e18c34b-756a-464f-bc58-a05c006588c7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Winpe 11 language pack software

2. boot.wim multilingual

3. winpe change language

4. change windows pe language