Windows 10: add windows pro to my new hardware

Discus and support add windows pro to my new hardware in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; can't seem to locate the product key to upgrade from windows 10 to windows pro on my new machine, can't find it on the order receipt from microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bonnierobinson2, Mar 26, 2020.

1. add windows pro to my new hardware

can't seem to locate the product key to upgrade from windows 10 to windows pro on my new machine, can't find it on the order receipt from microsoft store purchase

:)

bonnierobinson2, Mar 26, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Kolby65 Win User
    Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Mar 26, 2020
  4. nkienitz Win User

add windows pro to my new hardware

Windows 10 Pro or Windows 8 Pro from Windows 7 Pro ?

Just replaced motherboard on my old Dell D830 that I had upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Pro last August.

Went through steps on setting up new MOBO and it is up/working just fine.

I happened to run Belarc Advisor just to get a snapshot of data for the file. What is interesting is that Belarc indicates the O/S is Windows 8 Pro (build 9200).

I looked at another recent thread here at TenForums and also took some of the steps suggested and figured that maybe I needed to install or re-install Windows 10. I checked the Update/Security/Activation tab and it indicates that Windows 10 Pro is installed, activated with a digital entitlement.

So ... why does Belarc seem to see only Windows 8 Pro? Maybe because of the "maturity" of the D830? I know that Dell has disclaimers at their site that says the D830 has not been certified for Windows 10.

So, it is working, but the data from Belarc just has me scratching my head.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

nkienitz, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

add windows pro to my new hardware

1. add windows pro to my new hardware - Similar Threads - add pro hardware

2. Can Windows 10 pro be moved from old hardware to new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows 10 pro be moved from old hardware to new hardware: I have windows 10 pro and my workstation no longer meets minimum requirements for certain software I wish to install - I would like to move my existing 10 pro licence by moving the hard drive of my current workstation to another and with fresh install of 10 pro - is this...
  3. Can Windows 10 pro be moved from old hardware to new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Windows 10 pro be moved from old hardware to new hardware: I have windows 10 pro and my workstation no longer meets minimum requirements for certain software I wish to install - I would like to move my existing 10 pro licence by moving the hard drive of my current workstation to another and with fresh install of 10 pro - is this...
  4. Can Windows 10 pro be moved from old hardware to new hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Systemsettings.exe crashes when trying to add new hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Systemsettings.exe crashes when trying to add new hardware: Hi everyone, Whenever I try to add hardware, be it from the settings menu or from the control panel, the window crashes. The event show in the event monitor is the following: Nome da aplicação com falha: SystemSettings.exe, versão: 10.0.18362.628, carimbo de data/hora:...
  6. new hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new hardware: Hi I recently switched the processor hard drive and ram in my Lenovo think centre m93 tiny and now I cant activate my windows 10 what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-hardware/4e58df52-e07d-432b-9ff9-4845fd30df3a
  7. new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    new hardware: I have just installed a new Motherboard and CPU and now i am having difficulty activating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-hardware/36b6b0d2-f32e-4aa5-83db-5376358027cf"
  8. New Hardware

New Hardware: I cannot seem to find my digital license or product key. I need to activate windows after installing a new motherboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-hardware/9bb3dbe4-996d-4ce2-891c-c975926e6c98"
  9. Transfer License Win 10 Pro to New Hardware?

Transfer License Win 10 Pro to New Hardware?: A couple of months ago I bricked a Dell Laptop. Finally got a replacement and realized I have no idea where my Windows 8.1 Pro activation key is that I used to trade up to the free Windows 10 64-bit upgrade. I have the hard drive from my Dell with the fried motherboard and...
  10. "Add New Hardware" Sound Every Time I Boot Into Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Add New Hardware" Sound Every Time I Boot Into Windows 10: Every time I turn on my Windows 10 desktop PC, about 10 or so seconds after I get into my desktop (from either a cold boot or reboot) I hear the "new hardware connected" sound. I am not sure why it's doing this or if it even matters but my curiosity is driving me to find...