Windows 10: Added a Samsung SSD to my PC ... new drive not showing in 'Devices and Drives' under 'This PC'

Discus and support Added a Samsung SSD to my PC ... new drive not showing in 'Devices and Drives' under 'This PC' in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently added a Samsung SSD to my PC Mapped to M: ... new drive not showing in 'Devices and Drives' under 'This PC'. My boot / system drive is on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TimPratt4, Aug 31, 2020.

1. TimPratt4 Win User

Added a Samsung SSD to my PC ... new drive not showing in 'Devices and Drives' under 'This PC'

I recently added a Samsung SSD to my PC Mapped to M: ... new drive not showing in 'Devices and Drives' under 'This PC'. My boot / system drive is on a NVMe and I have four 4 other 2.5" SSDs. Under This PC ... I can see 3 of the SSDs, but not the fourth.

It is there in Device Manager.

It is there in Disk Management.

It is there is I open a command prompt and CD to the M: drive.

I can get there by typing M: in the 'command bar' on File Explorer.

I can copy files to and from this drive

Why isn't it there in This PC?

:)

TimPratt4, Aug 31, 2020

2. Two hard drives in the same PC, but only the SSD one shows up...

A few days ago, I installed a new SSD to run Windows 10 on. I kept the existing drive in too. I installed Windows 10 onto the new SSD and it runs beautifully and I used the old drive as storage. However, following a problem, I had to reformat the SSD
    and reinstalled Windows 10 on it - again, no problem but now the other, older drive doesn't show up anymore. It is still physically in the PC but only the SSD shows in 'This PC'. So my question is how do I make the older drive visible and useable again?

The image here, although not much help, shows that the older drive isn't listed. Drives D,F and G are external drives.
    Added a Samsung SSD to my PC ... new drive not showing in 'Devices and Drives' under 'This PC' 3a6a3ba7-63c3-4f0c-9ba7-98fc972437dc?upload=true.png

RiverSlaney, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Zafflower Win User
    SSD showing up as HDD in device manager

Hi,

I just installed a Samsung SSD 2TB drive. I already have two 2TB and 1TB SSD drives and one old Western Digital 2TB disk drive insatlled. My new SSD drive is working properly. I was able to format it and move files to it, but it shows up as a Western
    Digital hard drive in Device Manager. My new drive is listed properly in the BIOS as an SSD drive. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks.

Zaffer

Zafflower, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Nosx Win User

Added a Samsung SSD to my PC ... new drive not showing in 'Devices and Drives' under 'This PC'

Change the way new devices are added to the Devices and Drives list

Hopefully this is in the correct place, but I am sure a mod will move it if it is not so with that being said:

By default, anytime a new devices is added to the system (a phone connected via USB for example) the icon for that device is placed in the first position in the Devices and Drives list under This PC.

This behavior is really annoying because it pushes all the other icons that were already in the list to the next position in the list which totally messes with my muscle memory when navigating within the folder.

A simple fix for this issue is to make it so that any device added to the system is added to the END of the list as is shown in the attached image and the way it was done in previous versions of Windows. This way, all icons stay in their default position in the list and all is well in the universe.

The question of course is how to achieve the desired result either by some registry hack or by changing some hidden menu setting from explorer or some other method entirely.

This is where you fine folks come in with your infinite wisdom to save the day and I thank you for your time and replies in advance.

Added a Samsung SSD to my PC ... new drive not showing in 'Devices and Drives' under 'This PC' [​IMG]

(The default view before any device is added to the system ... homeostasis achieved)

Added a Samsung SSD to my PC ... new drive not showing in 'Devices and Drives' under 'This PC' [​IMG]

(After a device has been added to the system.... Annoying +1)

(Desired result .... Peace on Earth)

Thema:

1. Added a Samsung SSD to my PC ... new drive not showing in 'Devices and Drives' under 'This PC' - Similar Threads - Added Samsung SSD

2. Having issues with adding new ssd to my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having issues with adding new ssd to my pc: I added a new ssd to my pc and I'm getting the message that "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PCPress "Advanced options" to try other options to repair your PC, or "Shut down" to tur offyour PC.Log file: E:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\Logiles\Srt\SrtTrail.bxt"I...
  3. Samsung SSD is detected but not showing up in "This PC" Devices and drives session on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung SSD is detected but not showing up in "This PC" Devices and drives session on...: I have a Samsung Portable SSD T7. I tried to insert it into my laptop but it does not show up in "This PC" Devices and drives. I then go to Disk Management and found that the SSD is detected but cannot change drive letters and path. I have tried to update the drivers and also...
  4. Samsung SSD is detected but not showing up in "This PC" Devices and drives session on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung SSD is detected but not showing up in "This PC" Devices and drives session on...: I have a Samsung Portable SSD T7. I tried to insert it into my laptop but it does not show up in "This PC" Devices and drives. I then go to Disk Management and found that the SSD is detected but cannot change drive letters and path. I have tried to update the drivers and also...
  5. I added a new samsung SSD internal drive added into slot 2 but was not detected on startup...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I added a new samsung SSD internal drive added into slot 2 but was not detected on startup...: Laptop is a NITRO 7Samsung SSD was a memory like card installed in SLOT 2 and not formattedStarted up but did not go to the boot order, so left it the same...
  6. I added a new samsung SSD internal drive added into slot 2 but was not detected on startup...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I added a new samsung SSD internal drive added into slot 2 but was not detected on startup...: Laptop is a NITRO 7Samsung SSD was a memory like card installed in SLOT 2 and not formattedStarted up but did not go to the boot order, so left it the same...
  7. Devices and Drives icons showed in "This PC"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices and Drives icons showed in "This PC": Hello, Opening "This PC" on my PC I see that under the title "Devices and Drives 4" the icons have disappeared and replaced by a blank page icon without name. I know that there are 4 items but I do not know which they are. Could you please help me find the name of these 4...
  8. Stop showing drives twice in column under 'This PC'

Stop showing drives twice in column under 'This PC': Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Version 1809 Build 17763.437 How do I stop the showing of these drives? It's redundant as they're already being shown under 'This PC'. Thanks! [img] 132600
  9. Stop showing drives twice in column under 'This PC'

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop showing drives twice in column under 'This PC': Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Version 1809 Build 17763.437 How do I stop the showing of these drives? It's redundant as they're already being shown under 'This PC'. Thanks! [img] 132600
  10. Windows 10: WD Hard Drive under Devices and Drives in This PC

Windows 10: WD Hard Drive under Devices and Drives in This PC: Despite the fact that my Hard Drive is working properly, as noted by the device manager, it doesn't show up under Devices and Drives and I don't know how to access the files inside the Hard Drive. 80392