Windows 10: Added account on Mail, can't use it an already exists when i try to recreate it

Discus and support Added account on Mail, can't use it an already exists when i try to recreate it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Soooo, tried to connect to Mail using my Gmail account. Went fine, but after the process, i got right back to the create an account screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DT-Sodium, Dec 31, 2018.

1. DT-Sodium Win User

Added account on Mail, can't use it an already exists when i try to recreate it

Hello,

Soooo, tried to connect to Mail using my Gmail account. Went fine, but after the process, i got right back to the create an account screen and my gmail account wasn't there. So i tried to configure the account again but the app tells me it already exists. Tried to remove it, both by resetting the app and uninstalling it using Powershell, it let's me get a step further but it still end by telling me that the account exists, i'm stuck.

:)

DT-Sodium, Dec 31, 2018
  2. DTDavies Win User

Get 'Account already exists' in Win10 Mail app

I was having problems with one of my accounts in Mail, so did what I have done before - deleted and re-installed. Except that Mail says that account already exists and will not allow me to install it.I have looked through all the postings in MS forums related to this topic and found some good comments and suggestions. I tried the Powershell scripts to uninstall Mail, which worked (after a very long time), then re-installed Mail. It immediately recognised my Gmail account, which surprised me, as I expected to have to re-enter each of my accounts. When I added my other account, it came back with the very same message "Account already exists".
    Suggestions?

DTDavies, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Linking external e mail accounts to the Mail tile in Window's 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to delete and existing account that is added in Mail Tile App.

• Open the Mail Tile App.
    • Click on the Gear icon in the left bottom corner.
    • Select “Accounts” from the list.
    • Select the Account which needs to be deleted and click on “Delete”.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Added account on Mail, can't use it an already exists when i try to recreate it

"Account already exists" in Win10 Mail

I was having problems with one of my accounts in Mail, so did what I have done before - deleted and re-installed. Except that Mail says that account already exists and will not allow me to install it.

I have looked through all the postings related to this topic and found some good comments and suggestions. I tried the Powershell scripts to uninstall Mail, which worked (after a very long time), then re-installed Mail. It immediately recognised my Gmail
    account, which surprised me, as I expected to have to re-enter each of my accounts. When I added my other account, it came back with the very same message "Account already exists".

Suggestions?

DanTDavies, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Added account on Mail, can't use it an already exists when i try to recreate it

1. Added account on Mail, can't use it an already exists when i try to recreate it - Similar Threads - Added account Mail

2. "Account already exist"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Account already exist": I could not create a Microsoft account on my tablet so I created one on my laptop. Now every time I try to sign in on my tablet, it directs me to "Create an account" page and says that there is already an account with my email. What do I do?...
  3. "Account already exist"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Account already exist": I could not create a Microsoft account on my tablet so I created one on my laptop. Now every time I try to sign in on my tablet, it directs me to "Create an account" page and says that there is already an account with my email. What do I do?...
  4. Mail app : Account already exists !!

Mail app : Account already exists !!: Hello, I have Windows 10 Pro, I log in using my Microsoft account, I tried to use Mail app with the same Email but when I tred to add it it says "Account already exists" I reset Mail app and now Im getting the error "something went wrong error code 0x80004005" Moved...
  5. "Use this account everywhere on your device" when adding account in Mail

"Use this account everywhere on your device" when adding account in Mail: I have a laptop for both work and personal use, running Windows 10 Pro. I have a work email configured in Outlook, and I have attempted to configure my personal hotmail account in Windows 10's Mail app. When I do, I get prompted to "Use this account everywhere on your...
  6. Windows Update service missing. Tried adding it but it says it already exists.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update service missing. Tried adding it but it says it already exists.: [ATTACH][ATTACH] The service is missing but I did find a wuaserv folder in the registry. I tried adding it back using: sc create wuauserv DisplayName= "Windows Update" binpath= "C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs -p" Start= delayed-auto depend= RpcSs but it...
  7. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  8. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  9. Mail app account already exists

Mail app account already exists: I recently reset the Mail app on Windows 10 but now can't sign in and get an error message saying the account already exists. I have tried the answer at...
  10. Get 'Account already exists' in Win10 Mail app

in Browsers and Email
    Get 'Account already exists' in Win10 Mail app: I was having problems with one of my accounts in Mail, so did what I have done before - deleted and re-installed. Except that Mail says that account already exists and will not allow me to install it.I have looked through all the postings in MS forums related to this topic...