Windows 10: Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!

Discus and support Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a PC with a Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H V2-CF motherboard and a KINGSTON SA400S37240G SSD in one of the SATA slots. I was running out of space so added... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VeryBigLasania, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!

I have a PC with a Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H V2-CF motherboard and a KINGSTON SA400S37240G SSD in one of the SATA slots. I was running out of space so added another SSD, a brand new goodram PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 px600 in the M.2 slot. As far as I know all the components are compatible.When booting up, the PC is supposed to boot up Windows 10 from the first SSD, but that doesn't happen, instead I am on the screen that shows only the motherboard manufacturer and keys to press to enter boot settings, etc. I guess this is, because the motherboard "prefers" the new SSD, because it is in the M.2 slot. T

:)

VeryBigLasania, Feb 29, 2024
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for Windows

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Feb 29, 2024
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. scraff Win User

Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!

My pc won´t boot Windows 10 from USB/DVD

So I wanted to change from my Windows 10 x32 bits to 64x. I downloaded the Mediacreationtool and used it in both a USB and a DVD. Tried used the usb, the disk and both at the same time but they won´t boot.

I have a P7H55-M motherboard, the BIOS is updated and configured to boot first DVD, second usb and third SATA.

So if someone could help me it´d be great.

scraff, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!

1. Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot! - Similar Threads - Added another SSD

2. Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot! SOLVED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot! SOLVED: I have a PC with a Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H V2-CF motherboard and a KINGSTON SA400S37240G SSD in one of the SATA slots. I was running out of space so added another SSD, a brand new goodram PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 px600 in the M.2 slot. As far as I know all the components are...
  3. Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!: I have a PC with a Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H V2-CF motherboard and a KINGSTON SA400S37240G SSD in one of the SATA slots. I was running out of space so added another SSD, a brand new goodram PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 px600 in the M.2 slot. As far as I know all the components are...
  4. Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Added another SSD, now Windows 10 won't boot!: I have a PC with a Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H V2-CF motherboard and a KINGSTON SA400S37240G SSD in one of the SATA slots. I was running out of space so added another SSD, a brand new goodram PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 2280 px600 in the M.2 slot. As far as I know all the components are...
  5. Why won't windows boot after adding a new ssd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't windows boot after adding a new ssd: I have windows 11 installed on an m2 I bought a new ssd and added it as my 3rd drive swapped out a hdd and now windows won't boot. In bios none of my drives were found. If I turn on csm they'll show up but still won't boot windows. The machine worked fine up till now. Any...
  6. Why won't windows boot after adding a new ssd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why won't windows boot after adding a new ssd: I have windows 11 installed on an m2 I bought a new ssd and added it as my 3rd drive swapped out a hdd and now windows won't boot. In bios none of my drives were found. If I turn on csm they'll show up but still won't boot windows. The machine worked fine up till now. Any...
  7. SSD won't boot into windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD won't boot into windows: I recently bought a new ssd to replace my old hard drive, however, it won't boot. First i tried cloning windows over to the ssd, but then all it did was boot into safe mode and was unable to repair or diagnose anything. So i formated the ssd and tried installing windows from...
  8. Pulled out SSD cable and now windows 10 won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Pulled out SSD cable and now windows 10 won't boot: Due to gross incompetence I unplugged my windows SSD while the pc was running and didn't realise it. I shut down the Pc and then restarted and got hit with the automatic repair loop. I checked the pc and discovered what I had done, ie the unplugging so plugged the drive back...
  9. Windows 10 won't boot from ssd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't boot from ssd: I recently cloned windows from my HDD to my SSD on my bios it says that my HDD is the windows boot manager and not my SSD when I change the boot priorities to my SSD and i Boot my pc it says that : "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot(Another one!)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot(Another one!): So here's the story: I shrunk my windows partition on my computer to make room for a new dual-boot.I also deleted a linux install, but windows was never detected by grub2, it booted exclusively from UEFI. Due to other issues shortly thereafter I reset my bios. I then started...