Windows 10: Added another user as a family member and then removed. Unable to add user instead as...

Discus and support Added another user as a family member and then removed. Unable to add user instead as... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As the administrative user, I successfully added someone as a family member to the PC. I however removed them as a family member, and then attempted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by vinnyEX, Dec 1, 2020.

1. vinnyEX Win User

Added another user as a family member and then removed. Unable to add user instead as...

As the administrative user, I successfully added someone as a family member to the PC. I however removed them as a family member, and then attempted to add them as "Other users" instead, but am getting the error message below:

Something went wrong

[user] has already been added to this PC.

This is despite deleting the user's name from the "users" folder and restarting the computer. How can I fix this and add that person as a non-family user?

:)

vinnyEX, Dec 1, 2020

2. adding family members and users

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with adding family members and users. I'll certainly help you with it.

I would suggest you to sign out from the computer and sign in again using the Microsoft account and check if the issue persist.

For reference:
    Family member accepted invite to family, but does not show in parent account

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Dec 1, 2020
  3. How do I remove a family member user on Microsoft 10.

How do I completely remove a user on Microsoft 10? They are listed as family members and are blocked at the moment but the system doesn't allow me to delete them forever. I do not want to see their profile or user account anymore in the "Accounts">"Family
    & Other users section of my "Settings".

Lalo Barocio, Dec 1, 2020
  4. LucasLow Win User

Added another user as a family member and then removed. Unable to add user instead as...

Adding a another user, Guest or Family Member

After successfully adding another user (Guest or Family member), the added user was asked to log in, then keyed in his password, but got promptly signed out again. How can this glitch be rectified? (I have tried several times, and the results are the
    same.)

Thank you.

LucasLow, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Added another user as a family member and then removed. Unable to add user instead as... - Similar Threads - Added another user

2. unable to remove family member account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to remove family member account: Hello, this topic is already covered all over the web and here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_family/unable-to-remove-family-member-account/4676a00e-17a9-4c87-8d02-502ee2915687?auth=1 Everything has been tried netplwiz, Control Panel,...
  3. Adding a Family Member

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Adding a Family Member: I'm attempting to add my daughter a child as a Family Member - she has a Microsoft account. I have successfully sent the invitation but when we open the email invite and click on 'Join' it informs us that she already belongs to a family group. When I sign on to her Microsoft...
  4. Unable to add a family member in microsoft family

Unable to add a family member in microsoft family: I am logged in with the admin account and trying to add a family member but in the family and other users option it is saying "We couldn't connect to microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date".. Pleaase help me with this!...
  5. Family members added misteriously

Family members added misteriously: An unknown email account appears registered as a family member under my account. I did not authorize or add this email account. I try to remove the account and Microsoft does not allow it! I get some outdated info about "removing consent" but I can't find a link to...
  6. Adding a family member

Adding a family member: I have added my child to our family account but she does not appear as an option when I initially log into the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-family-member/3f3aedc2-b015-455c-a31f-c98e5c20f87f"
  7. How do I remove a family member user on Microsoft 10.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove a family member user on Microsoft 10.: How do I completely remove a user on Microsoft 10? They are listed as family members and are blocked at the moment but the system doesn't allow me to delete them forever. I do not want to see their profile or user account anymore in the "Accounts">"Family & Other users...
  8. unable to remove family member account

unable to remove family member account: i just recently added a family member account on my pc and i wanted to delete it so i did the following i went to "manage family members online" andi deleted the account on there. so i went back to see if it was actually deleted and its not so i went back into "manage family...
  9. Removing the primary User and adding another

Removing the primary User and adding another: I bought my wife a new notebook and I am configuring her previous system. I want to remove her User name and all associated data, and add my name as the primary User. I cannot just do a rename, for that does not work. How do I do this properly?...
  10. Family members user accounts

Family members user accounts: For some reason the native photos app has got broken on my wife and sons user accounts (both standard accounts). I cannot fix it. On my own administrator account it works fine. There was a recent photos app update which I think is what screwed it up! Anyway I tested creating...