Windows 10: Added mSATA Accessibility

Discus and support Added mSATA Accessibility in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I added a Samsung EVO 860 mSATA 250GB as a second drive in the available mini PCIe slot that was designed for it in my Lenovo x220 laptop with windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Roguepoint, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Added mSATA Accessibility

I added a Samsung EVO 860 mSATA 250GB as a second drive in the available mini PCIe slot that was designed for it in my Lenovo x220 laptop with windows 10 os.

It shows up in device manager under disk drives correctly, but does not show up anywhere as a local or available disk.

Samsung Magician utility also sees it fine but only identifies it as no volumes found. Where as my main drive is identified as C: Local Disk.

Seems like a drive designation is not associated with this drive and therefore, it is not available for use ?

What needs to be done for this drive to be available ?

:)

Roguepoint, Jun 16, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Need some advice on an mSATA SSD swap

@EdTittel, You are welcome.
    Since you did not have the USB interface for mSata. You can make a backup copy of the 500GB to a regular external USB HD then:
    1. Replace the 500GB with the 250GB.
    2. Boot up Macrium rescue disk, select the image to restore and 250GB as destination
    3. Do steps 3-8 above

topgundcp, Jun 16, 2019
  3. Adding a WiFi Mini mSata to Desktop

You say "simply" but this is not that simple.

• mSATA is a disk drive interface. So "mSATA" and "wifi" don't typically or "simply" go together.
    • By a HUGE margin, the VAST majority of laptops do NOT support removable "cards". Especially PCIe cards because laptops typically have thin cases. So finding any card, let alone a PCIe wifi card designed for laptops is not that simple. A PCIe mSATA wifi card is harder still.
    • There are no ATX Form Factor standards for laptops. That means laptops tend to be very proprietary which means very often, add-on parts are very limited, expensive, and often MUST come from the laptop maker. PCs, on the other hand, have the ATX Form Factor standard. This allows PC owners to mix and match industry standard parts designed for the PC from all brands and know they will be compatible.

Bill_Bright, Jun 16, 2019
  4. amrathil Win User

Added mSATA Accessibility

mSATA SSD

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had used a mSATA to 1.8'' adapter, something like this:

Addonics Product: mSATA SSD 1.8" micro SATA adapter

, I'm just asking because mSATA SSD's are quite cheaper than 1.8'', and I'd like to buy one of these for my booklet.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

amrathil, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Added mSATA Accessibility

1. Added mSATA Accessibility - Similar Threads - Added mSATA Accessibility

2. Privileged Access Workstations to manage On-Prem AD and Azure AD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privileged Access Workstations to manage On-Prem AD and Azure AD: Hi,I am looking for a PAW solution with which we can administer critical Tier0 On-Prem systems and also the high privileged Azure AD tasks For example; Global Admin tasks. Is there any article or source available which we can refer to get a better understanding on this. Could...
  3. Privileged Access Workstations to manage On-Prem AD and Azure AD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Privileged Access Workstations to manage On-Prem AD and Azure AD: Hi,I am looking for a PAW solution with which we can administer critical Tier0 On-Prem systems and also the high privileged Azure AD tasks For example; Global Admin tasks. Is there any article or source available which we can refer to get a better understanding on this. Could...
  4. Privileged Access Workstations to manage On-Prem AD and Azure AD

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. External mSata ssd very hot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External mSata ssd very hot.: Having tried HWiNFO64 to get temperature of external drive. = 53/54 Celsius Kingston mSata SUV500MS 480GB in aluminium enclosure via short cable to USB C/Thunderbolt socket. Machine uses AHCI. Task Manager shows ssd at gentle use but is nearly too hot to keep hand on casing....
  6. No access when adding an account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No access when adding an account: Hello so, recently my computer has been acting up, when I got on it earlier it logged me in as a guest admin, and there was no accounts. I went to add my account back but whenever I loaded p the add account, it would instantly crash and just dissapear. I tried resetting it...
  7. taking data off onboard mSata SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    taking data off onboard mSata SSD: Selling my Dell XPS. I removed my D drive which contained most of my data but the OS is on an onboard SSD, looks like its a 256GB mSATA. How do I reformat that drive, can it be done in the BIOS? Len 127407
  8. Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD (PM841 ??)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD (PM841 ??): Hello Drivers needed for a Samsung mSATA 512GB SSD . According to my records it is a: "Samsung 512GB mSATA PM841 Series MZMTD512HAGL-00000 SATA III MLC Internal SSD". I have tried searching Samsung's various sites and found it to be intensely confusing!...
  9. Occasional BSOD, perhaps due to msata bootdrive formatting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Occasional BSOD, perhaps due to msata bootdrive formatting: Hi everyone. I recently bought a laptop Lenovo T550 with installed Windows 8.1. For few weeks, everything worked smoothly, even after I upgraded the hdd to ssd. However, when I freshly installed Windows 10 Pro, I formatted the msata that had until then being set up as...
  10. Need some advice on an mSATA SSD swap

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need some advice on an mSATA SSD swap: Ladies & Gents: I'm getting ready to decommission a desktop to give to my sister's family. Right now, it's got a Samsung EVO 850 500 GB mSATA installed as the boot/system drive. I want to swap that unit out for a spare Samsung EVO 850 250 GB mSATA, so I can put the 500 GB...