Windows 10: Added my son as a user on the PC, his apps/program's disappeared

Discus and support Added my son as a user on the PC, his apps/program's disappeared in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Please help, I added my son on my PC as a user. We signed in using his Microsoft account. I noticed immediately not all the apps and programs I have on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mayavision, May 18, 2020.

1. Added my son as a user on the PC, his apps/program's disappeared

Please help, I added my son on my PC as a user. We signed in using his Microsoft account. I noticed immediately not all the apps and programs I have on my account are not available on his. So I'd have to redownload.

Last night we signed into epic Games to download GTA and Fortnite. Today we logged in and noticed they were missing along with the AMD app and OneDrive. The program's are not on the app start menu either.

Does anyone know why we are having this issue and how to fix? Thank you.

submitted by /u/mayavision
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mayavision, May 18, 2020

2. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, May 18, 2020
  3. Disappearing apps and programs

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Follow these steps to check that.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      Date and Time.
    • Select Set Date And Time.
    • Click on Change Date And Time Button to change date and time.
    • Click on Change Time Zone button to change Time Zone.
    Method 2: I would suggest you to run App troubleshooter.

• Type ‘Troubleshooting’ in the search next to start.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on left side and select Windows store Apps’.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method 3: I would suggest you to reset Windows store.

• Right click on start and select ‘RUN’.
    • In the Run window, type WSReset.exe and click “Ok”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 18, 2020
  4. Added my son as a user on the PC, his apps/program's disappeared

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, May 18, 2020
Thema:

Added my son as a user on the PC, his apps/program's disappeared

1. Added my son as a user on the PC, his apps/program's disappeared - Similar Threads - Added son user

2. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My son forgot his password to login on his laptop: My son forgot his login on his laptop. How do i reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-forgot-his-password-to-login-on-his-laptop/bf7b1f19-09a7-41cf-83ef-3fffd112acd3
  3. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son forgot his password to login on his laptop: My son forgot his login on his laptop. How do i reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-forgot-his-password-to-login-on-his-laptop/bf7b1f19-09a7-41cf-83ef-3fffd112acd3
  4. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My son cannot log into his PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son cannot log into his PC.: We have tried resetting the password but that doesn't workHis PC is managed through Family. I don't know if this has an impact. I can log in without problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-cannot-log-into-his-pc/95e5ee6c-ef3b-4cf5-9379-88174ea235de
  6. My son cannot log into his PC.

My son cannot log into his PC.: We have tried resetting the password but that doesn't workHis PC is managed through Family. I don't know if this has an impact. I can log in without problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-cannot-log-into-his-pc/95e5ee6c-ef3b-4cf5-9379-88174ea235de
  7. My son cannot login to his PC; says no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son cannot login to his PC; says no internet.: I can login to my account on his PC I’m the administrator and he is connected to the internet. It shows “connected, secure” at the bottom of the login screen. I went and changed his account to make him an administrator as well and it still says he needs internet to login....
  8. My son cannot login to his PC; says no internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son cannot login to his PC; says no internet.: I can login to my account on his PC I’m the administrator and he is connected to the internet. It shows “connected, secure” at the bottom of the login screen. I went and changed his account to make him an administrator as well and it still says he needs internet to login....
  9. My son cannot login to his PC; says no internet.

10. My son cannot login to his PC; says no internet.