Windows 10: Added my stuff to another PC but I want to stop the connection between systems.

Discus and support Added my stuff to another PC but I want to stop the connection between systems. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I now have a new Windows 11 PC. I still have my Windows 10 laptop atm. I used my old PIN, so now I have my stuff of both systems. However, I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CD1295, Sep 25, 2022.

1. CD1295 Win User

Added my stuff to another PC but I want to stop the connection between systems.

I now have a new Windows 11 PC. I still have my Windows 10 laptop atm. I used my old PIN, so now I have my stuff of both systems. However, I want to make my new PC have a different pin now. Kinda start anew. I have my old stuff back up to add to the new PC.

:)

CD1295, Sep 25, 2022

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Option to search My stuff in Cortana missing

Hello,

• When you say, "MY STUFF option or magnifying glass icon" exactly which option are you referring to?
    • Have you made any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to restore the system to the previous point and check if this helps.
    To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    Write us back with the above information and the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 25, 2022
  4. RCoon Win User

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Added my stuff to another PC but I want to stop the connection between systems. - Similar Threads - Added stuff another

2. Want to sever the PIN connections between new PC and Laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Want to sever the PIN connections between new PC and Laptop.: I recently got a new Windows 11 PC. I did a thing where I added my old PIN from my Windows 10 laptop. Now I want to sever the connection. Anything I have on the old laptop is backed up on a USB drive. Can I just make a new PIN on the new PC, or is there something I have to do...
  3. Want to sever the PIN connections between new PC and Laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to sever the PIN connections between new PC and Laptop.: I recently got a new Windows 11 PC. I did a thing where I added my old PIN from my Windows 10 laptop. Now I want to sever the connection. Anything I have on the old laptop is backed up on a USB drive. Can I just make a new PIN on the new PC, or is there something I have to do...
  4. Added my stuff to another PC but I want to stop the connection between systems.

Added my stuff to another PC but I want to stop the connection between systems.: I now have a new Windows 11 PC. I still have my Windows 10 laptop atm. I used my old PIN, so now I have my stuff of both systems. However, I want to make my new PC have a different pin now. Kinda start anew. I have my old stuff back up to add to the new PC....
  5. Added my stuff to another PC but I have a question on connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Added my stuff to another PC but I have a question on connections: I now have a new Windows 11 PC. I still have my Windows 10 laptop atm. I used my old PIN, so now I have my stuff of both systems. However, I have a question. Suppose if I wanted to give my laptop away and had to take the old stuff off. Is there a way to keep the old stuff on...
  6. Added my stuff to another PC but I have a question on connections

Added my stuff to another PC but I have a question on connections: I now have a new Windows 11 PC. I still have my Windows 10 laptop atm. I used my old PIN, so now I have my stuff of both systems. However, I have a question. Suppose if I wanted to give my laptop away and had to take the old stuff off. Is there a way to keep the old stuff on...
  7. Another account was added to my computer that I don't want and it's messing with my settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Another account was added to my computer that I don't want and it's messing with my settings: When I start my computer, it leads to the account sign in page but automatically tries to sign in on an account I never created. Then when I click my actual account I use and sign in, all my desktop icons are scattered all over the place. I went into the settings to manage...
  8. Change my system drive / moving the stuff over to another drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change my system drive / moving the stuff over to another drive: When I buil my pc I got a 256 gb sata ssd and a 1tb hdd. Obviously the ssd was the drive where I installed windows on. But after some time now the system drive is kimd of full. I also got a 1tb nvme ssd just to have more space and would like to move all the system files over....
  9. Adding Another User to MY PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Another User to MY PC: I cannot add someone else as a user to my pc. When I click on the add another user icon a screen pops up and then disappears. Why can't I add a user to my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-another-user-to-my-pc/d2d23cf6-041d-467d-b93f-a90bc033aa0d
  10. Adding another PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding another PC: Now I have 4 kids at home, one of them doesn't have powerpoint on their laptop. Can my subscription cover another laptop? Penny. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-another-pc/b7c7dcca-122e-458f-ab48-17d20136bc41